Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, this is stupid

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
So I've heard back and forth about if BlockWars is popular enough to be a featured game and have a little theory on it.
From looking at the numbers, Blockwars CTF seems to have a peak between 120-180 players depending on the day of the week. I've heard constantly for years that BlockWars is dead but the numbers are good.

One problem is that in non-peak times, BlockWars loses more players than other games so even 10pm, BlockWars can drop down to 30 players while other games like tower defence is on 50 even though BlockWars is higher at peak times and I think this has the same problem.

My theory is because of how lobby filling is compared to other games, players perceive the game as more "dead" due to how players trickle into the game.

Say for example, SkyWars: The game works off an elimination style so players leave games one at a time, and therefore join new games one at a time. But BlockWars works off a team style game so once a game is done, many people leave and join the next game at the same time.

Say for example, you are waiting for a game and players join one at a time once every 5 seconds, and fill a 16 player game in 40 seconds, and another game, you wait with no one joining for 40 seconds when 16 people join at one time. In situation one, you are constantly reassured that players are around and are joining but in situation two, there in no reassurance and you are much more likely to leave the game thinking there is no one to play it with. Both situations fill up in the same time but there is a difference in player reaction.

This has a greater effect in non peaks hours as there are less games going on so statistically, there are fewer intervals of people joining and a longer perceived wait time.

Ps: I think this affects games like minerware less as there are less dedicated players playing many times in a row, so players joining from other games in smaller groups so it is more like situation one.

A possible solution to this problem is have more reassurance, possibly messages with games with a small amount left on the timer could be put in chat. So like the message "A game of BlockWars is about to finish in 30s or less, players are coming soon" could be put in chat so players know there are people coming.

Anyway that's my crappy conspiracy theory, please comment what you think.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
I came here just expecting to see a stupid conspiracy,but I just found a very solid reason of why blockwars,althought is a popular game,is not a permanent game yet.

Here is my very summary of my reason: people on the forums are no a good representation of people in the server.

Last edited:

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
So I've heard back and forth about if BlockWars is popular enough to be a featured game and have a little theory on it.
From looking at the numbers, Blockwars CTF seems to have a peak between 120-180 players depending on the day of the week. I've heard constantly for years that BlockWars is dead but the numbers are good.

One problem is that in non-peak times, BlockWars loses more players than other games so even 10pm, BlockWars can drop down to 30 players while other games like tower defence is on 50 even though BlockWars is higher at peak times and I think this has the same problem.

My theory is because of how lobby filling is compared to other games, players perceive the game as more "dead" due to how players trickle into the game.

Say for example, SkyWars: The game works off an elimination style so players leave games one at a time, and therefore join new games one at a time. But BlockWars works off a team style game so once a game is done, many people leave and join the next game at the same time.

Say for example, you are waiting for a game and players join one at a time once every 5 seconds, and fill a 16 player game in 40 seconds, and another game, you wait with no one joining for 40 seconds when 16 people join at one time. In situation one, you are constantly reassured that players are around and are joining but in situation two, there in no reassurance and you are much more likely to leave the game thinking there is no one to play it with. Both situations fill up in the same time but there is a difference in player reaction.

This has a greater effect in non peaks hours as there are less games going on so statistically, there are fewer intervals of people joining and a longer perceived wait time.

Ps: I think this affects games like minerware less as there are less dedicated players playing many times in a row, so players joining from other games in smaller groups so it is more like situation one.

A possible solution to this problem is have more reassurance, possibly messages with games with a small amount left on the timer could be put in chat. So like the message "A game of BlockWars is about to finish in 30s or less, players are coming soon" could be put in chat so players know there are people coming.

After all the times I responded and created blockwars threads, you already know I agree... but it's whether or not management decides to try make a solution.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Eurm, yeah. But please @Camezonda DONT make BlockWars permanent. And I think you’re aware of this, the reason behind its recent success is because it’s not always available.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
This can work perfectly
also a broadcast like "a game of blockwars is going to start in 30 seconds, click here to join"
another problem with blockwars is that the player base is largely composed of veterans, while this is.good for some players, this is still pretty alarming since the game need some fresh blood and if it dont get new player it will die , the best way to solve this is simply, make it permanent

Reactions: Vanny17_

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
This can work perfectly
also a broadcast like "a game of blockwars is going to start in 30 seconds, click here to join"

If we add that to blockwars we need to do it for all the games,or at least for the featured games.

another problem with blockwars is that the player base is largely composed of veterans, while this is.good for some players, this is still pretty alarming since the game need some fresh blood and if it dont get new player it will die , the best way to solve this is simply, make it permanent

Althought I agree that we need new people playing it I completely disagree that the best way to solve this is to make it permanent,if we make blockwars permanent it will die in a short time like it did before the big change;whit will happen:

OP parties destroying new people.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
If we add that to blockwars we need to do it for all the games,or at least for the featured games.

Althought I agree that we need new people playing it I completely disagree that the best way to solve this is to make it permanent,if we make blockwars permanent it will die in a short time like it did before the big change;whit will happen:

OP parties destroying new people.
thats why I always said that op party need to be crushed. also remember that if we dont make it permanent its unlikely to get updated
generally saying making it permanent have more good than harm.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Eurm, yeah. But please @Camezonda DONT make BlockWars permanent. And I think you’re aware of this, the reason behind its recent success is because it’s not always available.

But he has a point, everybody loves this game now and wants to play it. But this is because it is temporary, if it was permanent it would have a much lower player base. And less popular. I know a lot of people would like to see this game to come back, but I think CubeCraft needs a new brilliant game to attract new players.

Reactions: Eli

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
But he has a point, everybody loves this game now and wants to play it. But this is because it is temporary, if it was permanent it would have a much lower player base. And less popular. I know a lot of people would like to see this game to come back, but I think CubeCraft needs a new brilliant game to attract new players.
We just need more love from the management...

Reactions: Basketman

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
BlockWars and SG (notice they’re the two most popular featured games) are games with a huuuge community, most of which is composed by veteran players. Nostalgia makes all of those old players come back to CubeCraft and play BlockWars and SG. Those so referred “OP” parties are those who fill up games and make them start.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
games with a huuuge community, most of which is composed by veteran players.
That IS the problem! If we don't get enough new players the game will be completely dead in foreseeable future (look at hypixel mega walls and uhh)

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I'm gonna play either way but I think this solution might make the game that extra bit more accessible to newer players. Balance changes would also help where ninja doesn't have the ability as OP. I've seen first hand how frustrating it is to new players where someone they can't even see comes behind them and kills them. Another thing that could help is the buff to non pvp based kits, for example tank, instead of getting a weapon, could have it's slowness removed and that will give new players a chance to capture without having to die so quickly.

Blockwars really wasn't that dead before the big change, I don't know the stats but I think because of the fact there are no active staff players of BlockWars, It's been singled out a bit.

Reactions: GalacticAC

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
thats why I always said that op party need to be crushed. also remember that if we dont make it permanent its unlikely to get updated
generally saying making it permanent have more good than harm.

Then it will also die because most of the people that play blockwars are veterans that like to play with friends so they might stop playing it.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
Then it will also die because most of the people that play blockwars are veterans that like to play with friends so they might stop playing it.
Even if its featured now op party is still a problem, we need more new players to soften the problem

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Even if its featured now op party is still a problem, we need more new players to soften the problem
It’s not really a problem. They’re the ones that fill up games and make them start. Your insisting suggestions to “fix” OP parties show long accumulated resentment.
OP parties are part of BlockWars, because BlockWars is a game that requires a lot of team work. And eventually those new players will be the same that’ll conform OP parties. Every game has its community, wanting to perjudícate it is counterproductive.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
It’s not really a problem. They’re the ones that fill up games and make them start. Your insisting suggestions to “fix” OP parties show long accumulated resentment.
OP parties are part of BlockWars, because BlockWars is a game that requires a lot of team work. And eventually those new players will be the same that’ll conform OP parties. Every game has its community, wanting to perjudícate it is counterproductive.
We are not getting new players if they are crushed every game, and a player base relying too much on veterans will not last long

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom