Introducing the Translator rank!

Discussion in 'News' started by Elenahh, May 5, 2020.

1. ItzJqlmer

ItzJqlmer Member

_EliteTra
    Obsidian
    Awesome!

Elenahh likes this.
  2. Story

Story Design Manager
    Staff Member Designer

StorySays
    Designer
    PLUS
    Designers also do not need perms in the Minecraft server at all, but they have them regardless, it's sort of a distinguished title to show their work ethic towards the server.

Mods/Helpers main job is moderation and not translation, so they cant put all of their time into it, the Translators who receive this rank will likely be highly dedicated players who have contributed a lot.

/nick comes naturally with every staff rank automatically due to the attention it brings from players, staff can receive relentless amounts of abuse from specific players so having this for translators to sort of protect themselves should come as no surprise.

It's not the speaking languages part that is hard, it's the writing part, spending hours and hours making sure a large sample of text is correct requires a lot more skill than just simply speaking the language, it's also a large time sink which is dedication in itself.

It was clearly written in the thread that not all translators will be receiving the rank, only the most dedicated of translators.

CookiesLTM, Elenahh, Kozi and 2 others like this.
  3. LucaYoloSkills

LucaYoloSkills Member

LucaYoloSkills
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Now I have an answer for the people who always ask for a free rank

Ediinsonn, YoungPablo and BeSleepy like this.
  4. xGregoriio_

xGregoriio_ Member

xGregoriio_
    Iron
    Best wishes to all of the members of the team!

Elenahh likes this.
  5. Abodz

Abodz Member

Abodz
    Obsidian
    A community that supports multiple languages will get many peoples from all counties around the word, this is a very good step and shows that the CCG Management team is working very hard on growing up this community and make it the best Minecraft community in the world!

we don’t forget that some players are unable to understand how does this server work and with multiple languages support for topics, in-game stuff, etc... will definitely return with a lot of benefits towards the community in general.

Elenahh likes this.
  6. Nightsss

Nightsss Member

Nightsss
    Gold
    Wow, this looks like an interesting addition!

Elenahh likes this.
  7. ImMarto

ImMarto Member

ImMarto
    Emerald
    Hypeeeeee

Elenahh likes this.
  8. ImMarto

ImMarto Member

ImMarto
    Emerald
    &4&lStrawberryyyyyyy

Elenahh and Fisktratt like this.
  9. TimolucJR

TimolucJR Member

you get rushed by player thats why we use /nick

10. Nutuu

Nutuu Member

Nuutu
    Diamond
    The rank arrived!
    but imagine being me and finnish and not having a single thing to translate in 6 months :(

Elenahh likes this.
  11. Sergiio12

Sergiio12 Member

BenderPlays
    Diamond
    Still thinking this is a really bad idea, supposedly you shouldn't use it, because you have to being answering players about translator doubt, uhm hello? Helper exists!

12. Hristoo

Hristoo Member

Hrisuhh
    Obsidian
    Cool addition

Elenahh likes this.
  13. Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror Member

Gainfullterror
    Obsidian
    Okay, cool, but why is this necessary?
    All of these extra "responsibilities" don't seem to have anything to do with the actual role itself. Yes, you translate and have some experience about it in case there are questions, but this is something a moderator should be able to do too. You don't see only designers answering the map based questions, simply because any other staff member can do that too. I think these question-based responsibilities should be left to the moderation team, since it's what they're meant to do from the moment they joined the team. A specialized translator rank just seems like a gimmick.

This is not to say that translators shouldn't get any compensation, but /nick? infinite friend slots? a shiny yet redundant title on the java and bedrock servers? Just keep it at an obsidian rank and a full plus subscription, and maybe an occasional multiplier or something.

Overall, it seems that this wasn't even discussed with the moderation team judging by some of the replies on this thread. And I'm not surprised by their reactions if this is the first time they're hearing about this, judging by the fact that these new "responsibilities" are already on the moderation team as it stands.

I just want to hear a solid argument for why this is necessary for the server. I personally can't think of any.

Smoothlyy, MrTommy, Dutchyyy and 19 others like this.
  14. Sergiio12

Sergiio12 Member

BenderPlays
    Diamond
    Exactly, there's also helpers which are trained on that, help people, and you also have forums to deal with any doubt about.

And regarding the privileges; /nick, Infinite friend slots, free plus, free obsidian, custom rank, probably staff miniature xD...

I also noticed it, this should have discussed with the moderation team.

Zuvi likes this.
  15. ShapelessArchery

ShapelessArchery Member

Shapelessed
    Lapiz
    You'll have to work hard to actually get this rank. Please think a little harder before accusing one of the head managers of being stupid, it would be a "bad idea" if it the rank was given to every translation team member, It's not, the rank will be a reward for the hard work that's been done in the team. Becasue that's exactly what this comment says about.

16. FerminTorno18

FerminTorno18 Member

FerminTorno18
    Diamond
    I believe that you are not right, since that is what each role is for each person (any rank), each one must carry out their work since the Staff´s have life, and cannot be in moderation all day.

17. Sergiio12

Sergiio12 Member

BenderPlays
    Diamond
    Wowow dude, I'm not calling stupid anyone. Im just saying my opinion, and yes, I know you have to work hard blabla, but access to /nick, seriously?

What I said on my comment, that what you say "I'm calling stupid Elena", I'm just saying my opinion.

Tell me, is this necessary? As @Gainfullterror said, it would enough if they'll have Obsidian + free plus subscription.

18. YoshiGameplayX

YoshiGameplayX Member

JustTheGameplayX
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Good luck with the applying for the non-translators and good luck for the Translators! :)

Edit: I KNOW IT WAS A BROWN COLOR!

19. ShapelessArchery

ShapelessArchery Member

Shapelessed
    Lapiz
    It did kinda sound like blaming her.
    I'm sorry for say that. But no, the idea is a good one, and more translators means the work will be more spread out across the team, which is good considering how much to translate there is.

❌Camezolda❌ likes this.
  20. Spoon

Spoon Helper Mentor, Translator Recruitment
    Staff Member Moderator

Spuuuni
    Mod
    PLUS

They don't, their in-game perks are /nick, obsidian rank and plus rank. Helpers can ban, mute, kick and have access to many other staff-commands.

This also happens with Helper applications. If someone applies only for the rank they will be instantly denied. This has always been a thing, even before the Translator rank existed. Quite a lot of players applied only because they thought they would get a shiny rank.

Not *all* translators will get this rank. As far as I know only managers and people who worked really hard for the server will have it - I don't think there will be more than 20 people with the rank for now.

If they abuse, they lose the rank. This applies to all ranks, from Helper to Admin.

As I mentioned above, I don't think there will be more than 20 Translators - I don't think this will be a issue.

Nope, only people who have worked really hard will earn the rank.

iiJqlian_, Abodz, Anneum and 5 others like this.