Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Trust me, we have a lot of plans for Plus. That's sort of the benefit to players of a subscription is that it encourages us to work on new content and features continuously. Ultimately if you buy a rank once then we've already had you money. That's of course taking a very extreme approach but for some other server's it is their approach.

This video is a good explainer on subscriptions from both the business' and users' point of view.

Cool, you guys even have a video to give. I'll watch later. I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork now. :(

Reactions: johncoles

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
I was afraid of this.. This is the downfall of cubecraft guys.
I mean you see this as a downfall, I don't see how. We're looking to this to continue development and focus on that rather than having to market to more and more players to make them buy something. If anything it should allow us to spend more time and focus on areas that are riskier as a business when your main goal is attracting new players.

Realistically if we need new players then adding one small quality of life feature isn't going to bring them in. However for existing players it will and that is the kind of thing we want to focus on with Plus.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I mean you see this as a downfall, I don't see how. We're looking to this to continue development and focus on that rather than having to market to more and more players to make them buy something. If anything it should allow us to spend more time and focus on areas that are riskier as a business when your main goal is attracting new players.

Realistically if we need new players then adding one small quality of life feature isn't going to bring them in. However for existing players it will and that is the kind of thing we want to focus on with Plus.
Seems like nobody actually want this kind of things. Maybe the staff members but... Afterall they are staff members. Could of add these to the old ranks or add a new rank without such an awful name and look. Or atleast give it some good perks like Hypixel did. Remember that server? Yes the inspiration of all of these latest updates. But let's focus on this overpriced rank that contains nothing that special. People may try it for 1 month and maybe 2 but then it would be boring everyone then would realise that that rank is pretty useless and only the rich cubecraft fanboys will buy it. It's also very expensive 14 euro's for that kind of perks? The 7 dollar one from Hypixel is way better if i am honest. Drop the price add private parties and i am sure more people would but it.

Reactions: Skyfire_swe

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Seems like nobody actually want this kind of things. Maybe the staff members but... Afterall they are staff members. Could of add these to the old ranks or add a new rank without such an awful name and look. Or atleast give it some good perks like Hypixel did. Remember that server? Yes the inspiration of all of these latest updates. But let's focus on this overpriced rank that contains nothing that special. People may try it for 1 month and maybe 2 but then it would be boring everyone then would realise that that rank is pretty useless and only the rich cubecraft fanboys will buy it. It's also very expensive 14 euro's for that kind of perks? The 7 dollar one from Hypixel is way better if i am honest. Drop the price add private parties and i am sure more people would but it.
As I have said to other comments we're looking at ways we can improve and add more to the subscription. We already have lots of ideas of features to add but even at launch there are 13 features that add enough value to make it worth it. Future updates will make it even more so!

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
The voting is one of 13 features it's an additional feature on top of your voting rights. If you would like to have double votes then the subscription is available for you but it's an option subscription. :D
Yeah so we have to pay 150 odd quid a year to make a vote count when we have already given around that that to vote in the first place lol

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
As I have said to other comments we're looking at ways we can improve and add more to the subscription. We already have lots of ideas of features to add but even at launch there are 13 features that add enough value to make it worth it. Future updates will make it even more so!
I'll maybe buy it just to thank the Cubecraft Team for removing no projectiles from skywars

EDIT: I bought it yeet

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeds

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
View attachment 146923

Helloooooooo CubeCrafters!

I'm really happy to announce our a new set of features we're offering on the store. We're calling it "CubeCraft Plus". For a long time we've been looking towards moving to a subscription for access rather than large one off payments. We've designed Plus so that no matter what rank you have you're gaining benefits for your monthly subscription. At launch we're providing 13 different features that are exclusive to Plus subscribers. Here's a look at them.

Plus Features
View attachment 146934

We're already working on even more features to add to Plus and will continue to do so. Now I am sure you're eager to go and get hold of this awesome item so here is a link or if you would like to see more head over to this page.

Now I am sure there will be a lot of questions so I'll answer them in the comments below. Here's a few frequently asked questions:

Why are you making a subscription?
Put simply it works out better for both players and us. As a business we have monthly bills to pay and currently our only way to pay them is to essentially get new people to buy new items every month, this realistically is not sustainable forever! From a players point of view we want you to be able to support us monthly but also get value for doing so. We've also made the cost low enough that it shouldn't be a huge barrier for many users.

But why should we pay you monthly?!
Fair point. We want to have reliable monthly income as it allows us to hire more people. More people means more content for you to play. We already release a lot of content on a schedule from one month to the next so it only makes sense that we have the ability to earn revenue from that.

When will the live streams start?
We're currently working out what we want to do on the live streams and how they're going to work. I would expect that within the first month after this launch that we'll have our first Plus subscriber only live stream.

What else are you looking at adding?
Trust me we have a lot of ideas! One thing I'd like to do is a monthly swag give away. Maybe with some exclusive items. However I am more excited to see what the community thinks we should do so please post your suggestions! I look forward to reading them in the Plus forums.

Seriously though, why should we give you money every month?
Still not convinced eh? OK. Well let's take something like the upcoming 1.13 release, there's some really cool ideas floating around for content that we could make but what makes it hard is that funding that plan is becoming ever more difficult. I'm proud to say that while our concurrent player numbers are down we're still getting new players all the time and we want to continue making new content to attract even more! The Plus subscription allows us to do this and to plan for the future.

When will I get charged for the Subscription?
Our store will process a charge every 1 month after you started subscribing. For example if you subscribe on the 1st July 2018 your next charge would be on the 1st August 2018.

How can I cancel my Subscription?
You can either contact our support team (sales@cubecraft.net) with your Username and Transaction ID or click the link in the latest renewal email.

Do I need a rank to Subscribe?
Nope! You can even be a Stone and subscribe. Plus is an add-on to any rank (hence it's name). It is worth nothing that some features are unlocked by a rank, for example Voting in certain games for certain features is tied to having at least a certain rank and Plus doesn't change this. What it does do is if you can vote for an option your vote will count as 2 votes.
This looks really cool for anyone willing to pay the monthly subscription. I hope I can get it some day. Very nice update!
But I won't lie, the bold looks a litte but weird in tab. It would be better if you just added two [+] (In bold) to both sides of the player name. Just like in the chat.

Reactions: Skyfire_swe

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Not a fan tbh. The whole subscription format really rubs me the wrong way, and the perks do not justify the crazy high price tag. Also, a lot of the rewards seem to really intrude upon everybody else, as if they were designed with annoyance in mind.
Subscriptions aren't for everyone, that's why we still offer one off payments for ranks and a completely free to play server. For the perks I think there is enough value initially to justify that price along with many planned features coming that will improve that value but I don't see how they are an annoyance to people, that certainly wan't our intention?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
that certainly wan't our intention?
A bold chat name, a welcoming parade in the chat whenever you join a lobby, eye-grabbing images over your forums profiles which look really out-of-place... All of these things feel visually intrusive. A tiny percentage of players use the forums, so the perks relating to it are kind of wasted on most. Not to mention the price tag, which is similarly priced to the Iron Rank yet offers so much less and lasts for a limited time only. Perhaps my thoughts would be different if the perks were good, but even the Obsidian rank gets better bonuses. I feel a subscription service should offer the most rewards, not the fewest, since you have the opportunity to attract repeat-customers or people who don't think to cancel their subscriptions.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom