Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Did somebody call for an exterminator? Okay, I'll soft-lock this suggestion as well.
Golden apples are too cheap to buy so this is too powerful with this item so we increase cost to 12 gold on normal, 18 gold on HC, and 6 gold on Overpowered.
I think it should stay as is. They're cheap on OP (true to what OP is, everything is cheaper), so that's a different story that I will not talk about here. They're definitely not cheap in HC at a staggering cost of 10 gold per gapple, and they cost about right on normal. Correct me if I am wrong about prices.

Let's start with HC mode. In HC, any form of damage taken is permanent unless healed by gapples or you respawn. (While you can respawn at full HP by storing your items and jumping into the void, this is risky because you lose valuable time that could've gone to other activities. I would say that this is an exploit.) The effective cost is determined by how plentiful gold is, and in maps where gold is plentiful, the price tag is effectively mitigated. For the price of 10 gold, you can buy 1 gapple. But for that same price, you could've bought these:
  • 10 arrows for 8 gold (there's no slowness or weakness arrows in this mode).
  • iron pickaxe for 5 gold (with 5 gold remaining).
  • You could've saved up 5 more gold for a diamond pickaxe or 6 more for a stone sword.
  • You could've saved up to 20 more gold for 1 piece of chain armor.
Now we'll go to normal mode. For the price of 5 gold for 1 gapple, you could've bought these:
  • 10 arrows for 4 gold.
  • Tipped arrows.
  • Iron pickaxe for 3 gold.
  • Or you could've saved your gold for chain armor.
Additionally, buying a gapple at the very start of those modes means you'll have different items to start with. Your approach may be different than if you had used your resources on other things.

Now let's talk about how powerful a gapple is. At the cost of 2 seconds where you're immobile, you get:
  • 5 seconds of regen 2 (2 hearts healed).
  • 2 absorption hearts (lasts 2 minutes or until they absorb 2 hearts of damage).
They're essential on every gamemode, even more so on HC. However, the value that you get out of a gapple depends on when you eat it. Eating one before starting a fight gives you an effective 20% HP increase, assuming you're starting with full HP. Eating one when you need to quickly heal between fights gives you more value out of the gapple. But eating one during a fight when you're getting sliced to death is another story and would not recommend doing that unless you know you can heal up faster than you're taking damage.

• Agree
Reactions: odivan108

odivan108

Aug 7, 2022
Pronouns
He/They
Did somebody call for an exterminator? Okay, I'll soft-lock this suggestion as well.

I think it should stay as is. They're cheap on OP (true to what OP is, everything is cheaper), so that's a different story that I will not talk about here. They're definitely not cheap in HC at a staggering cost of 10 gold per gapple, and they cost about right on normal. Correct me if I am wrong about prices.

Let's start with HC mode. In HC, any form of damage taken is permanent unless healed by gapples or you respawn. (While you can respawn at full HP by storing your items and jumping into the void, this is risky because you lose valuable time that could've gone to other activities. I would say that this is an exploit.) The effective cost is determined by how plentiful gold is, and in maps where gold is plentiful, the price tag is effectively mitigated. For the price of 10 gold, you can buy 1 gapple. But for that same price, you could've bought these:
  • 10 arrows for 8 gold (there's no slowness or weakness arrows in this mode).
  • iron pickaxe for 5 gold (with 5 gold remaining).
  • You could've saved up 5 more gold for a diamond pickaxe or 6 more for a stone sword.
  • You could've saved up to 20 more gold for 1 piece of chain armor.
Now we'll go to normal mode. For the price of 5 gold for 1 gapple, you could've bought these:
  • 10 arrows for 4 gold.
  • Tipped arrows.
  • Iron pickaxe for 3 gold.
  • Or you could've saved your gold for chain armor.
Additionally, buying a gapple at the very start of those modes means you'll have different items to start with. Your approach may be different than if you had used your resources on other things.

Now let's talk about how powerful a gapple is. At the cost of 2 seconds where you're immobile, you get:
  • 5 seconds of regen 2 (2 hearts healed).
  • 2 absorption hearts (lasts 2 minutes or until they absorb 2 hearts of damage).
They're essential on every gamemode, even more so on HC. However, the value that you get out of a gapple depends on when you eat it. Eating one before starting a fight gives you an effective 20% HP increase, assuming you're starting with full HP. Eating one when you need to quickly heal between fights gives you more value out of the gapple. But eating one during a fight when you're getting sliced to death is another story and would not recommend doing that unless you know you can heal up faster than you're taking damage.
on OP, you can heal midfight just fine cause prot 4 is just that good. Its annoying but usually tossing them off the ledge works fine when they do lol.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom