Do you agree with me?

• No (explain please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Hey there! I’m here with a suggestion :)

My suggestion

Right now, the punishment track for swearing (which includes saying things like ‘cancer’ and the n-word) begins with a warning.

I suggest to remove the warning part for words that are clearly racist (like the n-word) and also for things like actual diseases that people die from (like cancer).

For me, there is no need to warn people they aren’t allowed to say these kind of things, because it’s just common sense. Everyone knows that you can’t be racist, and everyone knows that people actually can die from cancer.

Besides, saying racist words/swearing with diseases has a much higher chance of actually making people sad/offended, than other swearwords. People that play on cube might very well have lost a relative/friend to cancer, or they might have a black skin colour, while there’s a relatively small chance to be very offended/sad by swearing with things like god or something else.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hey!

For things like the n-word we skip the warning and issue an instant swearing mute for hate speech

Hate speech is defined as public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Hate speech is usually thought to include communications of animosity or disparagement of an individual or a group on account of a group characteristic such as race, colour, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or sexual orientation.

I will ask for opinions about the disease part before escalating. But keep in mind that if someone wishes that you get a disease it's considered as threatening and therefore reportable for threatening.

Last edited:

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Hey!

For things like the n-word we skip the warning and issue an instant swearing mute for hate speech

Hate speech is defined as public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Hate speech is usually thought to include communications of animosity or disparagement of an individual or a group on account of a group characteristic such as race, colour, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or sexual orientation.
Okay I didn’t know, thanks!
I will ask for opinions about the disease part before escalating. But keep in mind that if someone wishes that you get a disease it's considered as threatening and therefore reportable for threatening.
I didn’t mean wishing that you get the disease, just something like ‘your cancer mom’ can be very hurtful if your mom (or someone else you knew well) has died from cancer.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom