Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
For Duels:
Give players a cooldown for using /leave in the middle of a fight and/or let it count as a death.
It's just a pathetic way people try to avoid a death.
Add a ranked mode.
Basic ELO system, I suppose you all know how it works. Different rank for every kit.

For FFA:
When out of combat in FFA for 8 seconds, heal the health of a player to max again using regeneration.
This will make the game more fast-paced, with less time waiting to regenerate all the time.
In the current situation, after every fight it takes quite long to regenerate back to full health again.

Being hit whilst regenerating would obviously stop you from regenerating since you're no longer out of combat.

Yes, it would also make it easier to heal after you've ran away from someone, but it would also make it easier to fight someone shortly after killing someone else.

D

Deleted member 100818

For Duels:
Give players a cooldown for using /leave in the middle of a fight and/or let it count as a death.
Why doesn't it already count as a death? Really silly if you'd ask me, and yes I agree.

For Duels:
Add a ranked mode.
Basic ELO system, I suppose you all know how it works. Different rank for every kit.
Don't see a reason to not add this, although I never really liked a ranked mode, you could just choose rather you want ranked or not.

For FFA:
When out of combat in FFA for 8 seconds, heal the health of a player to max again using regeneration.
This will make the game more fast-paced, with less time waiting to regenerate all the time.
In the current situation, after every fight it takes quite long to regenerate back to full health again.

Being hit whilst regenerating would obviously stop you from regenerating since you're no longer out of combat.

Yes, it would also make it easier to heal after you've ran away from someone, but it would also make it easier to fight someone shortly after killing someone else.
I've been thinking about this too. And my conclusion is: It would help a lot against cleaning although that ain't against any rule (but it's annoying as hell). It would make FFA just a whole different game, but in a positive way.

So to make a long story short, I actually agree with all you're suggesting. Even though I never liked ranked duels, I still think it needs to be a thing to play.

L

Lightning McQueen

Out of combat = the guy that hit you should have died to have this count.

Otherwise problems like running back and instantly regenerating to restart the whole foght could become a thing; which isnt good for the archer kit.

Add Punch 1

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Is that not a thing now? For a while you got a death even when /leaving after the duel ended. I though that was changed to only during the duel.
Maybe remove the /leave command from duels entirely and replace it with /kill to make people feel bad for using it. /kill will kill you with void damage (other player can get credit as in other games) and show you the death screen.
Also people often /leave after a duel instead of clicking DENY and then their opponent has to wait a few more seconds to get teleported back.

Add a ranked mode.
I guess the ranked mode is to get matched with players on your level. I don't think that would work for every kit separately, there just aren't enough players for that.
Maybe players can be able to select their favourite and least favourite kits in the settings. Ranked duels can only be joined with random kits, but kits that are favourited by players have a much higher chance to get chosen. The kits will not affect the matchmaking.

I think that would make running away to regenerate too easy, especially with the speed kit. But something like that is definitely necessary. A few not well thought through ideas for this:
  • The regeneration is relatively slow (Regen I) and it stops as soon as you move. Cons: With the speed kit you can get far away quickly, after you kill someone you are vulnerably to other players passing by.
  • You get immediately regenerated whenever you kill a player (or you get credit for killing a player that combat logs). Cons: Can be abused by teams (You hit me once and I log out), rewards cleaning.
  • Each player has a list of the last players that hit them. You only get fully healed for killing a player on that list. Cons: Can still be abused by teams.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The regeneration is relatively slow (Regen I)
Nothing more than that is needed to balance it out IMO.
  • You get immediately regenerated whenever you kill a player (or you get credit for killing a player that combat logs). Cons: Can be abused by teams (You hit me once and I log out), rewards cleaning.
  • Each player has a list of the last players that hit them. You only get fully healed for killing a player on that list. Cons: Can still be abused by teams.
This doesn't solve the problem of having ran away and then having to wait minutes for regenerating all the way back again.
Otherwise problems like running back and instantly regenerating to restart the whole foght could become a thing; which isnt good for the archer kit.
8 seconds.
"instantly"

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Nothing more than that is needed to balance it out IMO.
There is. Or I can just keep running while I am regenerating. I can still do that now, but it would become much quicker and more people would do it, which I don't want.
This doesn't solve the problem of having ran away and then having to wait minutes for regenerating all the way back again.
Usually fights end with one side dying. But yes, if one side runs away, neither would regenerate.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
There is. Or I can just keep running while I am regenerating. I can still do that now, but it would become much quicker and more people would do it, which I don't want.
alright fair point. People constantly running in FFA is indeed a problem, but that is besides this suggestion.
But yes, if one side runs away, neither would regenerate.
Which is a bad thing.

D

Deleted member 100818

I agree, but this feature should be Iron+
Make it lapiz+ then, as ranks like lapiz/obsidian don't really have that more permission than iron/emerald. Could be just an extra nice feature for those kind of ranks.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom