Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey guys, not sure if someone's already mentioned this but I think that Sentinel needs improving.

This is because lately I have seen a few threads about people that have been falsely banned and despite this they are getting their appeals denied. To me, this isn't very fair because there are many hackers out there that get away with cheating, yet players get banned for absolutely no reason. This has happened to a friend of mine before , who got falsely banned for a week whilst we were on a speed UHC; she made an appeal, and it got seen to 5 days later when her ban was almost finished, and she got denied.

I just really think this anti-cheat system needs to be improved. :p

AmyFove_714

Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I agree, ive been banned for 5 days for apparently cheating but it was because of my bad internet connection, I did a appeal it got denied, I messaged someone to help me out with the ban and they didn't reply either. It really needs sorting out because quite a lot of people get falsely banned.

D

Deleted member 169486

From what I've heard it's kinda on its own and learning as time goes on.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Just saying, but complaining about the Anti-Cheat won't make it better.
Sentinel is improving and improving. Sentinel is learning more and more everyday and so becoming better and better every day.

N

Nikboo

I think we can all agree Sentinel does need improving however what needs more improving is the appeals system for Sentinel.

I personally believe Sentinel can easily be drastically improved by actually introducing a new appeals system and changing the way moderators work with Sentinel appeals.

The current sentinel appeals system is so damn awful and completely the opposite of user-friendly. All moderators are able to deal with Sentinel appeals but most moderators don't know what in the world they are doing when it comes to reading Sentinel logs. As an ex-moderator, I can tell you that we were instructed to only accept appeals which have an understandable reason as to why a false positive had occurred. This meant that most appeals were denied without moderators actually reading the appeal properly or checking logs accurately.
I can safely say the only people who really truly fully understand the logs are the developers who worked on the anti-cheat.

Most people who don't cheat have to take this approach when their appeal is dealt with:

1) You get banned falsely
1#A: You appeal. Go to #2
1#B: You don't know how to appeal since you speak a different language than the one shown on the ban screen. You stay banned.

2) You appeal
2#A: Your appeal gets sent to CrazymanJR as a false positive. Your appeal then may have a chance to be accepted.
2#B: Your appeal gets denied because moderators have no clue what they are doing when it comes to reading Sentinel logs. Go to #3
2#C: You deal with the false ban

3) You decide to PM CrazymanJR because your appeal got denied falsely.
3#A: CrazymanJR replies and unbans you (Most likely not the case)
3#B: CrazymanJR is busy and you wait out your ban because he does not reply.
3#C: You have been caught "hacking" even though you weren't.

Anyone who is falsely banned has to go through all three stages which is just time consuming and inconvenient and it wastes Crazy's time when he could be patching a false positive or releasing a new log type. Most people going through these three stages probably won't get unbanned anyways.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
Hey guys, not sure if someone's already mentioned this but I think that Sentinel needs improving.

This is because lately I have seen a few threads about people that have been falsely banned and despite this they are getting their appeals denied. To me, this isn't very fair because there are many hackers out there that get away with cheating, yet players get banned for absolutely no reason. This has happened to a friend of mine before , who got falsely banned for a week whilst we were on a speed UHC; she made an appeal, and it got seen to 5 days later when her ban was almost finished, and she got denied.

When it's this type of ban, just appeal saying "false positive" that's it. Then message Crazymanjr on discord. It's the best way to reach him, he said it himself.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Anyone who is falsely banned has to go through all three stages which is just time consuming and inconvenient and it wastes Crazy's time when he could be patching a false positive or releasing a new log type. Most people going through these three stages probably won't get unbanned anyways.
Ya think? Some players ive heard get a reply AFTER the ban has timed out

N

Nikboo

Ya think? Some players ive heard get a reply AFTER the ban has timed out

Yup, lol.
Then again, you don't really get taught how to deal with Sentinel appeals so most players are required to take multiple steps in order to be unbanned.
Most players don't even know how to appeal let alone what to do if their appeal is denied falsely.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Facelurite

If sentinel detects a hacker , just ban them from that particular gamemode for the time being. Do not let the sentinel bans stack unless its very clear.

Messed up anticheat

N

Nikboo

And where did you get that information from?

Yes, however that doesn't mean we should just all ignore how awful it is with false bans.

Sentinel isn't actually too bad with false punishments. It's just what is advertised the most and what is lied about the most. Plus, I can assure quite a few of the community members who you thought were innocent are very guilty. It's a bit like the news you see, nobody gives a monkeys bottom if something nice happened for once. News is just filled with negative stuff and nothing nice ever comes out from it. It gives quite a negative image to readers.

Also, Sentinel is genuinely improving and being expanded upon, and Crazy is pretty good with patching the flaws that he does find. It's just a matter of actually finding the false positives.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I think we can all agree Sentinel does need improving however what needs more improving is the appeals system for Sentinel.

I personally believe Sentinel can easily be drastically improved by actually introducing a new appeals system and changing the way moderators work with Sentinel appeals.

The current sentinel appeals system is so damn awful and completely the opposite of user-friendly. All moderators are able to deal with Sentinel appeals but most moderators don't know what in the world they are doing when it comes to reading Sentinel logs. As an ex-moderator, I can tell you that we were instructed to only accept appeals which have an understandable reason as to why a false positive had occurred. This meant that most appeals were denied without moderators actually reading the appeal properly or checking logs accurately.
I can safely say the only people who really truly fully understand the logs are the developers who worked on the anti-cheat.

Most people who don't cheat have to take this approach when their appeal is dealt with:

1) You get banned falsely
1#A: You appeal. Go to #2
1#B: You don't know how to appeal since you speak a different language than the one shown on the ban screen. You stay banned.

2) You appeal
2#A: Your appeal gets sent to CrazymanJR as a false positive. Your appeal then may have a chance to be accepted.
2#B: Your appeal gets denied because moderators have no clue what they are doing when it comes to reading Sentinel logs. Go to #3
2#C: You deal with the false ban

3) You decide to PM CrazymanJR because your appeal got denied falsely.
3#A: CrazymanJR replies and unbans you (Most likely not the case)
3#B: CrazymanJR is busy and you wait out your ban because he does not reply.
3#C: You have been caught "hacking" even though you weren't.

You make it sound like this isn't a big problem.
What they can do to reduce the amount of denied false banned appeals is simple. First off Staff members who do understand how the Sentinel logs work should teach Moderators who do not understand the logs and especially the new Helpers. This will definitely reduce the amount of denied false banned appeals.
Another possible solution is to ask Crazy to make the logs more understandable for everyone if possible.
That way there will be less false banned players and Crazy will also get more time to work on Sentinel instead of reading "unban me" messages.

N

Nikboo

You make it sound like this isn't a big problem.
What they can do to reduce the amount of denied false banned appeals is simple. First off Staff members who do understand how the Sentinel logs work should teach Moderators who do not understand the logs and especially the new Helpers. This will definitely reduce the amount of denied false banned appeals.
Another possible solution is to ask Crazy to make the logs more understandable for everyone if possible.
That way there will be less false banned players and Crazy will also get more time to work on Sentinel instead of reading "unban me" messages.

With the message I made, I intend to mean that the amount of false bans isn't the absolutely massive number as everyone thinks it is.

What is a massive problem is the way Sentinel appeals are dealt with and I completely agree that helpers should be taught Sentinel logs before becoming a moderator.

Thing is though:

Dotsially said:
Staff members who do understand how the Sentinel logs work

Population of Town WhoKnowsHowToReadSentinelLogs: 1

- CrazymanJR

One person teaching the whole staff team about Seninel logs is just insane and will take a long long time. It would take a while until all staff members are able to perfectly deal with Sentinel appeals.

Simplifying them may work aswell. It's just a matter of how they can be simplified.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

There are also a lot of people who have been justly banned that claim to not have cheated, the few that have been falsely banned have had their appeal accepted.
Sentinel is always being improved and put up to date to counter all the new clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom