Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Right now the meta for Eggwars is kinda stale. There's nothing to mix it up and honestly there is really only 1 broad way to win in eggwars(stack up on items and PvP). While this is a situation of "If it ain't broke don't fix it", maybe for the second season, there could be a mix up in the shop with things that have more direct impact to how the game is played (considering that is why the admins are doing this in the first place). The redstone stuff, while fun to play around with, didn't change the meta of the game by much, nor did anyone use it. The only time I even used it was to troll my friend, and that happened exactly once.
One of my suggestions is to make the emerald things like wings and leap feathers cheaper, or make the emerald gens auto upgrade, or in some way, shape, or form make the spawning in of emeralds quicker (preferably as the game progresses). Right now they are very under-utilized. In the niche cases that we need to get ems, it's near impossible to get the stuff in a reasonable time frame cause all the gens are still level 1. Also it would be kinda great if you could also take kb from your own TNT. Would make for some sick plays imo.
Mobility items in Eggwars are also very expensive, and bringing down the price of those items could be another good way to change the game. (Mobility items = ender pearls, fireballs, leap feathers etc.)

These are just some of my ideas that I found interesting. React and don't forget to leave your opinions in the replies, and if you have any suggestions, please do leave it below so the admins can pick it up when they start to prepare for season 2.

Edit 1 :- Adding jump pads/teleport pads which cost certain resources to use is another way of increasing the mobility of a player. Could be locked to certain maps only, as part of season two. Another mechanic that I think could change the game for the better.

Last edited:

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with most of the things mentioned mentioned in this suggestion thread, but I do have some points I would like to mention.

The redstone stuff, while fun to play around with, didn't change the meta of the game by much.
Adding onto this - although I don't regularly play EggWars so it's rather difficult to say something about this -, I haven't seen anyone at all utilize redstone during a game of EggWars. I don't really see the point in it being there at all, more for that reason.

TNT is another story though. Definitely used often. I think it'd be interesting to see people utilizing TNT jumps in their gameplay. Only point of doubt here is the fact that this might severely impact previously existing gameplay strategies, even just regular battles, as you could as easily get knocked off as the opponent if you place TNT.

Mobility items in Eggwars are also very expensive, and bringing down the price of those items could be another good way to change the game. (Mobility items = ender pearls, fireballs, leap feathers etc.)
Simply said, please no.

Fireballs, sure. They do not severely impact gameplay and can be very useful for both parties. However, as much as Ender Pearls and Leap Feathers can be convenient, if the opposing players use these for another purpose - I mainly mean running away (which is against the rules if they continuously do it) -, they suddenly become incredibly inconvenient and ruin your playing experience. By decreasing the price of these items in the shop, you're practically promoting "Buy more!" to players who do this.

A counterargument would be "Well, you can just record and report them!". As much as I'm for putting in the effort to report rule-breakers, I know that a lot of people aren't up for doing that or can't put in that effort (ex: device). Besides, if you're in the moment, all you're thinking about is catching up with them. I can understand if people don't have the time to open their recording software or so to catch these actions on video.

Aside from this, you're playing EggWars, there's a void, and there's a risk of falling into the void. Decreasing the prices would take away the whole purpose of finding some way to get over to others' islands/to the middle (with risk being there).

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
However, as much as Ender Pearls and Leap Feathers can be convenient, if the opposing players use these for another purpose - I mainly mean running away (which is against the rules if they continuously do it) -, they suddenly become incredibly inconvenient and ruin your playing experience. By decreasing the price of these items in the shop, you're practically promoting "Buy more!" to players who do this.
When I meant decrease the price I didn't mean give it away, maybe instead of 48 dia make it 32 or something like that. But I see your point. Leap feathers, on the other hand are extremely underused and makes clutching sweaty 4's games somewhat possible. For that reason only I wish their price is knocked down to 2-3 emeralds, cause ems take so long to spawn and right now they are way too hard to obtain unless the gens have already been upgraded by someone else.

Reactions: Hoshi

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
When I meant decrease the price I didn't mean give it away, maybe instead of 48 dia make it 32 or something like that. But I see your point. Leap feathers, on the other hand are extremely underused and makes clutching sweaty 4's games somewhat possible. For that reason only I wish their price is knocked down by a emerald or two, cause ems take so long to spawn.
I know that you didn't mean to make them practically free, but I still feel like 32 is too cheap. In the past, Ender Pearls used to be 64. They already knocked down the price to 48 since. I think that's cheap enough and, in my opinion, the item should only be considered as a last resort.

You make a very valid point for the Leap Feathers though. :)

Reactions: muffin294

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
as someone who has used elytra in eggwars a whole 2 times, i kind of disagree.
Just because, whatever items you add, the sweats will still be rushing with just a pickaxe and blocks (i'm more talking about bedrock here as I don't really know any java strats).

So if you wanted to impact the game for the more competitive community it would need to be adding useful items that are cheap in gold or iron, and on par with things like gaps. The only thing I can think of is something like snowballs or fireballs, some sort of projectile as being on a bridge in eggwars isn't all that scary as no one really has any way of hitting you off.

Gage12354

Novice Member
Jun 28, 2020
Personally, I hope the seasons stick to more specific of themes and add new things rather than changing old ones. There are so many possibilities and I want a bit more than just price changes. Maybe a hot and cold season that adds magma blocks, flint and steel, flame bows, snow golem turrets, and ice blocks. Or even a mob update that adds friendly wolves, iron golems, infested stone for defenses, and things of that nature. What you mentioned would be better reserved for a general update rather than a season’s entire theme.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Personally, I hope the seasons stick to more specific of themes and add new things rather than changing old ones. There are so many possibilities and I want a bit more than just price changes. Maybe a hot and cold season that adds magma blocks, flint and steel, flame bows, snow golem turrets, and ice blocks. Or even a mob update that adds friendly wolves, iron golems, infested stone for defenses, and things of that nature. What you mentioned would be better reserved for a general update rather than a season’s entire theme.
I hadn’t thought about it much, but I wholeheartedly agree with this idea, or, these ideas. You’ve suggested very creative and original concepts. You could and should probably make a seperate suggestion thread for this. I think it’s worth looking into.

Reactions: Gage12354

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I think that would be very cool if every season had themes and themed items and all that.

The one problem is that as eggwars doesn't get a new season update very often at all it would go quite stale, and some items could turn from fun to annoying

Reactions: Gage12354 and Hoshi

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
as someone who has used elytra in eggwars a whole 2 times, i kind of disagree.
Just because, whatever items you add, the sweats will still be rushing with just a pickaxe and blocks (i'm more talking about bedrock here as I don't really know any java strats).

So if you wanted to impact the game for the more competitive community it would need to be adding useful items that are cheap in gold or iron, and on par with things like gaps.
Well I wasn't aiming fr changes in the early game. Ems are usually late game stuff, and to make it easier to be able to clutch games cause rn if you lose your egg in a sweaty game, it's basically game over and you can't do anything about it, unless both of them voluntarily walk into the void. What I'm trying to say with that point is that some of the emerald prices for a few items needs to be marked down for more competitive plays after you lose your egg
The only thing I can think of is something like snowballs or fireballs, some sort of projectile as being on a bridge in eggwars isn't all that scary as no one really has any way of hitting you off.
bows are still used as a projectile, and snowballs would make it very not pog for controller and mobile players
Yes the theme idea is really cool, I didn't think abt that. I meant this more as an addon to the main update anyways :)

Reactions: Hoshi

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Hey I had another idea, what if there were launch pads/teleport pads around the map. It would cost diamonds/emeralds. It would make the game more inconvenient for rushers, but if you're clutching it could come in handy when running away from teams of 4. It could be an exclusive to some maps as part of the seasonal update, and makes the game a little bit different too. Gonna edit that too into my ideas.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hey I had another idea, what if there were launch pads/teleport pads around the map. It would cost diamonds/emeralds. It would make the game more inconvenient for rushers, but if you're clutching it could come in handy when running away from teams of 4. It could be an exclusive to some maps as part of the seasonal update, and makes the game a little bit different too. Gonna edit that too into my ideas.
I think that feature is actually kinda cool. It sounds powerful so yeah it should cost alot and have a long cool down but that would be a very unique feature

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Not going to lie, I think this would quickly become incredibly messy.

Where would these telepads or launch pads teleport or launch you to? Players could farm mid for many diamonds and emeralds and could end up constantly running away using these. Also, in the case of launch pads, can’t people just shoot you down?

It sounds like a very unique feature and it sounds cool, but do you think this would genuinely be practical/convenient?

Reactions: Wildd

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Not going to lie, I think this would quickly become incredibly messy.

Where would these telepads or launch pads teleport or launch you to? Players could farm mid for many diamonds and emeralds and could end up constantly running away using these. Also, in the case of launch pads, can’t people just shoot you down?

It sounds like a very unique feature and it sounds cool, but do you think this would genuinely be practical/convenient?
I'm assuming you would go on one and it would teleport you to the other one, and I agree if could enable people to run away a lot but if there was a long cooldown and fairly large cost

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
If it was a teleporter at mid, then back to own base for 32 diamonds could be a fair price(depends on the map, coz some have very low level diamond gens). Limited number of uses per game(preferably 2-3 uses) so that ppl cannot abuse it and cause ultra long games. If it's a launchpad, it could be like the ones in skywars. Maybe maps have multiple layers at mid, and the launchpads help u access them quickly. Just a few ideas of the top of my head.
🤷‍♀️

• Agree
Reactions: Wildd and Hoshi
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!
caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats... finally!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome back to the team 🩷
Top Bottom