Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

• Total voters

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
First of all, the 1.13 has not yet come out and you're already talking about an "urgently" update
1.13 is just a bug fixing and texture change update, so it won't differ from 1.12 that much whilst 1.14 is going to change the combat system again. This is very important to big servers like Cube. In my opinion the up-to-date combat system is what keeps CubeCraft alive, so it would be a smart move to stay up-to-date.

A

A pigeon

First of all, the 1.13 has not yet come out and you're already talking about an "urgently" update to 1.14. (o_O)
I think cube has many changes regarding bugs in the games to do before worrying about if the party chat color looks good or horrible. (In the same way that you're complaining that now it is yellow, later someone will complain because it is green, blue or because it can be personalized. It is subjective).

About the censorship of words by the party chat ... If you want to swear simply use a platform like Discord or TS to talk with the party members. It's as simple as that. You can swear there all what you want ;)

Despite all this, this is not a "justify your answer" test to have to explain why I've voted no. I just don't like most of the proposals
Buddy the yes/no poll only applies to 1.14 not the other stuff. Btw , do you expect us to ask for 1.14 AFTER it releases? No , we want 1.14 at most a week or two after it releases . Thats why werr asking for it now

Noemichus

Apr 13, 2016
Spain
1.13 is just a bug fixing and texture change update, so it won't differ from 1.12 that much whilst 1.14 is going to change the combat system again. This is very important to big servers like Cube. In my opinion the up-to-date combat system is what keeps CubeCraft alive, so it would be a smart move to stay up-to-date.
Buddy the yes/no poll only applies to 1.14 not the other stuff. Btw , do you expect us to ask for 1.14 AFTER it releases? No , we want 1.14 at most a week or two after it releases . Thats why werr asking for it now

Well "up-to-date combat system".......... Since the 1.9 came out I have never used my left hand so I still do not see the "big change".
But hey, I see... You can't vote freely according to your own tastes ... You are obliged to justify your answer and if it was not enough that I took the time to explain it, it is HIGHLIGHTED why you should not think so.
I understood perfectly the first time, so now understand me (or not, do what you want xD)

Cubecraft will do what they want respect to the versions (just as they risked to update to 1.9 when most of the community was against)
It will depend on them to risk losing or winning public not on the users (I say this because I was a player who opposed the change of 1.9 to which I had to adapt to continue playing on one of my favorite servers).

It's my last answer trying to explain my point of view. If you want to understand it, fine; if not, I can't do anything. If the server changes the version, I will have to adapt, there is no other way, but I don't consider it's a matter of urgent necessity, as is the arrangement of game modes as UHC.

:)

Noemichus

Apr 13, 2016
Spain
So, you're saying that 1.9's combat system basically is the same as the 1.8 one and that it wasn't a big change? I honestly doubt you even did research before writing your posts.

Are you reading the full text before "doubting about my researchs"???? I'm saying that 1.14's combat system will be basically the same as 1.9 if you've never used your left hand...
If you want to still the conversation, contact me on discord, I won't still explaining the same thing again and again in the same post. I think I made mi position clear.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Are you reading the full text before "doubting about my researchs"???? I'm saying that 1.14's combat system will be basically the same as 1.9 if you've never used your left hand...
The left hand feature has been added during the 1.9 update. 1.14 will change it by adding tridents (a new weapon). Also there will be new mobs added which Cube could use as an advantage to stand out as a server. All I was saying is that in my opinion updating to 1.14 is a good idea.

A

A pigeon

^ See most of the people who voted no arent against 1.14 but think cube should focus on something else. They arent against 1.14. (1.14 could fix those broken gamemodes though) UHC fot example can be fixed just by removing everything - kits , maps and abilities

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
First of all, the 1.13 has not yet come out and you're already talking about an "urgently" update to 1.14. (o_O)
Ahem,
Yes I know it isn't out yet, but please already prepare
I'm saying cube should update to 1.14 as soon as it's out, and that right now they can already prepare.
I think cube has many changes regarding bugs in the games to do before
You could apply this excuse to any suggestion therefore I won't take it to consideration.
worrying about if the party chat color looks good or horrible. (In the same way that you're complaining that now it is yellow, later someone will complain because it is green, blue or because it can be personalized. It is subjective).
Nah it's not really that subjective. Almost everyone hates it because it's not working out with the other colors of the chat.
2017-11-11_16-22-19-png.139764

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/update-rant-actual-suggestion-edit-another-suggestion.200899/
About the censorship of words by the party chat ... If you want to swear simply use a platform like Discord or TS to talk with the party members. It's as simple as that. You can swear there all what you want ;)
No. It's not just about swearing and you should have known that if you had taken the time to read the thread.
Despite all this, this is not a "justify your answer" test to have to explain why I've voted no
I know.
I just don't like most of the proposals
The vote is not about most of the proposals, it's about 1.14 specifically. (It says so in the title)

A

A pigeon

I don't quite understand the demand for a 1.14 release when we don't even have 1.13 released by Mojang yet. We can't update to a version of Minecraft that doesn't yet exist. When we actually have a release (or even a snapshot!) to look at then we'll have a much better idea of how we want to tackle it. Features have a habit of getting bumped back and delayed, so despite what may be planned, we don't know what those updates will look like yet.

^ This is Quetzi’s statement.

Reactions: Lilleh__
A

A pigeon

Keep the thread alive till 1.14 snapshots roll in. In the meantime I’m going to try to find support in game. I’ve been having trouble though because most people have no idea about 1.14

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Also, it should let you know why your message was blocked instead of what was blocked.
I think it's more important to know what was blocked than knowing why it was blocked. If for example it indicates "fuck" (please don't ban me from the forums now lol) as the blocked word you can sort of tell it's because swearing is not allowed. Same goes with insulting, sending inappropriate links etc.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Party chat:
  • Fix the yellow color it looks awful. Party chat is supposed to stand out, currently it's hardly recognizable especially in FFA. Just give it another color or make a command such as /partycolor to set the color to whatever the owner of the party wants it to be. Thanks.
  • Remove the spam filter or make it toggle-able with default ON. Yay everyone is happy. If people spam too much the owner of the party can easily kick them so there's no "abuse excuse".
  • Controversial idea but here it is anyway:
Make a chatfilter in party chat toggleable and have the default on ON. Also remove the rule making it punishable to swear in general, for example "Shit I died". (so targeted chat offense like "<swearword> you" still counts and is still punishable)
This makes the majority of players now unhappy with the update happy again, and people can send links to stuff on the interwebz in party chat again. Yay.

If you really don't want this at least make allowing links a toggle-able option in party chat.

Normal chat:
  • Replace blocked words in normal chat with asterisks (Sylly you *****) so we don't have to type in the whole message again because 1 character is censored.
If somehow you absolutely hate this idea, please instead at least change the message from "You are not allowed to say this" to "You are not allowed to say <word you are not allowed to say>". So we know what we are not allowed to say.

Alternatively make it so that bad words get replaced with good words, so for example: "Sylvaly you suck" becomes "Sylvaly you are awesome", "ez", becomes "Well played my fellow cubecrafter", etc.

Eggwars:
As an example: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/e...-getting-boring-we-need-something-new.200946/
  • Add ranked eggwars. Just the eggwars we have now but if you win you gain +x amount of ELO and if you lose you lose x amount of ELO and sort matches on players who have about the same level of ELO. This makes it more fun for everyone because players can finally play against people of their own skill more often this way. Also add a leaderboard for extra fun.
  • https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-isnt-fun-anymore.201546
UHC

UPDATE TO 1.14 ASAP

Yes I know it isn't out yet, but please already prepare. If there's one thing that will make cubecraft great, it's updating to 1.14. You said it yourself when cubecraft updates to 1.9: "We did it to stay up to date with the current minecraft version because it will give more features and if the other server stay in 1.8 they'll eventually die out". You were right, if cube were to stay 1.8, the server would probably be in a much worse situation than it is now because there's just no way to compete with Hypixel.

The reason cubecraft isn't dead yet it because it is 1.9. That's a very strong thing. Take more advantage of it, and when 1.14 comes around, UPDATE. As quickly as possible. So many new features and possibilities will arise,

Examples:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ffa-1-14-map-suggestions-o.201573 (E: fixed link E: again)

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-forums-survival-server-put-sentinel-on-it.201540/
Especially this one please^^^^

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/okay-tell-me-you-don’t-want-to-see-this-in-the-game.201484/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/llama-piñata.201511/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-update-to-1-14-part-1-4-pvp-changes.201402

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-update-to-1-14-part-2-4-builds-aesthetics.201403/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-update-to-1-14-3-4-revamps-of-gamemodes.201406/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/1-14-suggestions.201445/
What does need to be fixed is the 'connection timed out' kick bug that has been going on for months - instead of updating games and adding new games perhaps it would be a good idea to fix problems first and not just ignore them, because they have a huge impact on the server and maybe more people would play the games - such as UHC.

A

A pigeon

What does need to be fixed is the 'connection timed out' kick bug that has been going on for months - instead of updating games and adding new games perhaps it would be a good idea to fix problems first and not just ignore them, because they have a huge impact on the server and maybe more people would play the games - such as UHC.
Why cant you do both

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Fixing the bugs is what I meant is supposed to happen during the maintenance, see the thead I linked ( https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/put-uhc-in-maintenance.201483/ ) for more information.

@iLoveYouu Would thou be so kind to explain why thou has voted no?

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
@iLoveYouu Would thou be so kind to explain why thou has voted no?
I just feel like you guys are rushing to conclusions, the 1.14 update isn't even close to being out yet, nor do you guys know like anything about the update. Claims are being thrown around that a single item like the trident will gain us like thousands of players because it'll improve PvP so much?? I really don't feel like CubeCraft should fully update to a newer version now. I'm also quite confused that you're saying it would be bad if we stayed fully 1.8, a lot of players left our server due to us updating to 1.9.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hope you all are having a great saturday
kokhun-cat.gif
Kazwa wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Frontlane wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thank you for the follow :)
BicolourSine41 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on Helper!!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy Birthday!! (Last post here in a year (Really 366 days, cause of February 29)) Have a nice birthday!!
Top Bottom