What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Well at least way more then 2 lmao. How little spots you need to claim?

One thing that I do want to note on is that this 'claiming strategy' seems to be a very selfish non-teamwork based strategy on a team game. Even though it might be a good strategy, in my eyes it shouldn't be allowed as you're occupying playing space for yourself for a later use that other players on your team might want to use. What's the point of joining a team game if you're going to play solo on it? I've played against several people who went with the 'claiming strategy' who lost because on my team we worked together using different strategies and never needed to place towers to 'claim' areas for our own personal good that someone else might have wanted to use.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
One thing that I do want to note on is that this 'claiming strategy' seems to be a very selfish non-teamwork based strategy on a team game. Even though it might be a good strategy, in my eyes it shouldn't be allowed as you're occupying playing space for yourself for a later use that other players on your team might want to use. What's the point of joining a team game if you're going to play solo on it? I've played against several people who went with the 'claiming strategy' who lost because on my team we worked together using different strategies and never needed to place towers to 'claim' areas for our own personal good that someone else might have wanted to use.
Well I don't see a solo tower defence option

guardtown

Aug 12, 2017
most of the times, atleast one member of your team will use the unclaimed 5x5 squares that you planned for a leach to build a turret, which will most likely never be upgraded.

_PC_Load_Letter_

Jul 16, 2016
I personally think the suggestion of preventing misplacement of towers, assuming that can be implemented, outweighs the perceived benefits of "claiming" spots.

I think "claiming" will almost become unnecessary if the proposed suggestion is implemented; the biggest problem is when someone places an archer or mage in a 5x5 square. Under the proposed modification, that couldn't happen anymore, either for noobs or for claiming. Most noobs haven't even unlocked the 5x5 towers yet; by the time they have, they've probably (hopefully) figured out the mechanics of placing towers correctly. So it would simply eliminate the need to "claim" 5x5 spots.

At least for the 5x5 tower placement, if tower placement prevents you from sticking small towers there, you won't need claiming anymore. After all, if someone puts a necro in a 5x5 spot that you wanted to claim, what's the problem? Maybe you wanted to put a turret there, or a leech, but there's still a powerful tower in that place. A little teamwork and courtesy, and most advanced players would gladly yield one of those spots for something different if you ask nicely.

The only downside of this, as I see it, is that if you have beginning player teams, who maybe haven't unlocked the 5x5 towers yet, those spaces will essentially be unusable.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I've played against several people who went with the 'claiming strategy' who lost because on my team we worked together using different strategies and never needed to place towers to 'claim' areas for our own personal good that someone else might have wanted to use.
Most teams don't work together very well, even on other minigames. That's why we use the claiming spots strategy.

Martinocom

Apr 10, 2016
100% Agree with auto-align or not letting placing towers outside their space. 3x3 = 3x3 towers, 5x5 = 5x5 towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom