Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BoredBoi

Novice Member
Jul 15, 2020
Earth
Intro
recently I was lagging even when my internet was good and my ping was very low
So I try to find a way to fix this "Bug"(Not sure but i think it is a bug on most routers or something) and found a clean and Ez way to fix this issue

Fix
Just change your IP address

This may be different from router to router but I am gonna show you how to do it on a Tenda router and using a pc ,don't worry if you don't have a pc , you can do this stuff from your phone although I don't know how to get your default gateway on mobile.

Step 1
open command prompt and type
ipconfig and press enter you should see your IP and some other settings
Copy the stuff in the default gateway it may be different for you

1613375505578.png

Step 2
open your browser and paste it in the URL bar and press enter
you should see a webpage asking for your username and password check under your router and type those creds there(sorry but the screen shot software had big bugs :/)

Step 3.

now open the System settings tab
and open LAN settings in there
1613376530026.png

Step 4.

Change the LAN IP Address's last numbers to any number between 1 and 254 (if you change the first 3 values it may break your home WIFI so I don't suggest doing that just change the last values after the last . to be safe)
now press save, it should change your IP
(Could not get an image for this step as there was a bug in the screen shot software)

Note: this process may be different for you as all routers have different settings, and also any help improving this post is appreciated , Idk if this will work for you tho it just worked for me

Edit: i wrote a post on why this may be caused
here (cause I am lazy and don't want to update this terrible post anymore)

Last edited:

BoredBoi

Novice Member
Jul 15, 2020
Earth
I don't see how this would change anything to speed or latency. It may just depend on something you changed while changing your IP address on your local network.

Anyway, if it works, you can use it, go your gang (Dutch pun intended)
So this is not related to speed or latency, but rather some ip get less packets for some reason

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
So this is not related to speed or latency, but rather some ip get less packets for some reason
You do realize this is only your IP on the local network, right? The outgoing IP and the IP CubeCraft servers are eventually going to see are the same in this example.

but the local network thing is kinda weird too :/, it worked for me idk about others
Hah, that's some magic you've got there. Anyhow, thanks for sharing :)

BTW, your router may prioritize static local IPs over dynamically set ones.

Reactions: BoredBoi
Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aratic wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
888CE285-5E28-4694-ABEA-3BABCFA6FDE4.jpeg

I’m slowly going to take over all the polarbears, jimothy is first and he is my TeamReach pfp, you won’t be able to stop me :)
UncleSpect wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Top Bottom