Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

miguelitoindus

Apr 23, 2020
Madrid
Hey Everyone! (。◕‿◕。)

I've decided to make another post talking about the Translation Team, since some of you enjoyed my last one 🥰
This one is just going to be a brief description of the entire team, from applying, to becoming a coordinator!
Thanks to NotAName_ for inspiring me to post this!

Disclaimer: Things are constantly changing in the team, so by the time you apply, things might be a little different! Also, this is my personal description of the team, and although I am a Coordinator, it is not an official thread, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Applying:
This is the very first step to joining the team. Personally, I applied after seeing the in-game advertisement, and my application was marked as successful about a week later!
If your application was unsuccessful, you can always re-apply after 2 months, so don't lose hope ❤

Joining the Team:
Congrats! Your application has been successful! At this stage, you will be invited to join our Discord server, and you will become a Trainee.
A trainee is someone who needs to learn a few things before they can become a translator, and most trainees need to pass a Skill Test. If you pass the test, you will become a translator. If you don't, you'll have to re-apply.

Becoming a Translator:
So you're a Translator now, huh? Yay! Now your job is to translate whatever you get sent, and hopefully you'll be able to get some rewards for it :cubelet:
For our translation projects, we use platforms such as Trello and Google Drive, and we translate stuff ranging from forum threads, to in-game text! Pretty cool if you ask me.

There are many roles in the team apart from trainee and translator, here is a short description of most of them!
Note: I'm not going to include Mentors and Translations Coordinators because I explained them on my previous thread.

Managers: Our amazing ;)managers are the ones who run the server together with Elena. Each manager has their own designated branch (Activity, Mentor, Events, etc), but they all work together to manage the team as a whole.

Activity Coordinators: These guys monitor activity of the team, making sure that people are active, happy, and getting rewarded for their work. They're pretty cool.

Recruiters: As their title suggests, they are the ones who recruit you, and the ones who give you your roles when you join the server (also pretty cool).

Event Coordinators: These fun people take care of team motivation and entertaining the team. They make sure that people have some fun!

Developers: As their title suggests, they are the ones who work on things such as the server bots, cool programs, and other geeky stuff.

Proofreaders: These guys are basically advanced Translators. They are the ones who make sure translations are of high-quality before they are implemented. They are also the ones who approve or reject Skill Tests, so they tend to be busier than regular Translators.

How do I become a Proofreader?
There are 2 ways!
1. Do exceptionally well at your Skill Test, and get promoted directly to Proofreader.
2. (And the most common one), be a dedicated translator, working hard, and providing high-quality translations for some time.

How do I become a Coordinator?
When a manager feels like they need some new people on their team, they will make an announcement opening their applications. To become a coordinator, you need to send in an application, and get accepted. Being a Coordinator tends to take up a lot of time, but it's also a lot of fun.

Do I automatically get the Translator Rank in-game after I become a Translator?
I'm afraid not. Only the people who are very dedicated, are good role models, and who provide high quality translations for some time get the chance to acquire this rank. However, this does not mean that being part of the Translation Team does not include rewards and fun experiences!

Conclusion:
I know this was a long thread, and to be honest, I don't expect most people to read it all. However, I hope this helps some of you who are thinking of applying or who just want to know how the team works.
Let me know if you have any questions below, and I'll try my best to answer them!

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Bye bye!

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom