Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should it be a channel?

• Yes!

• No! (tell me why if no)

• Yes, with slight modifications (tell me which then)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Hello!
I just thought of an idea that I feel would be quite useful on the discord. The channel #staff-help is a really great place to ask stuff and for staff to reply. Sometimes though I see staff that doesn’t know or there’s no staff active in the channel.

Of course you could just tag the person in need of help in #english for an example. However, I’ve always thought of the “regional” channels as just a “talk lodge” where people hang out and just chat. You also can’t always tag them in #java or #bedrock since you may not know which platform they’re on.

Therefore, I suggest a “#non-staff help” channel, where anyone can answer, and you won’t have to worry about interrupting a conversation. It’s also really easy to add this channel, and it would really prove quite useful.

Tell me what you think of this idea! And if you have any questions to me apart from this post, feel free to add my discord! Weeb#9861

Alright, the idea is clearly not going to work. There was some serious flaws in my idea I had not thought of. I appreciate the feedback and agree that there would definitely be too much spam/false information in this sort of channel.
Sorry for wasting your time :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Entrustious6679

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Not sure, but this has been suggested before. I remember Marieke said "A lot of false information will be spread.", simply because of this, I do not think this would be a good idea. I'll try finding the previous post (tho I think it was based on something else, and it had this just mentioned in it) and find Mariekes response. (If it was Marieke, once again, not sure if it was.)
I found this post : https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/put-a-channel-on-discord-for-community-help.233429/
It was @CALLMESCOTT who said the above, and I completely agree.

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Hi!
I don't think this will be a good implementation because as Rawrbin saild: A lot of false information will be spread. Personally I think that there are a lot of common chats to help someone, so you don't need to worry about interrupting any conversation. I've never seen all the chats talking in the same moment. When I try to help someone I always advice him to wait until any staff answer because they will give a better information than mine because they are there for that.
I disagree, sorry.

Reactions: Rawrbin

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello!
I just thought of an idea that I feel would be quite useful on the discord. The channel #staff-help is a really great place to ask stuff and for staff to reply. Sometimes though I see staff that doesn’t know or there’s no staff active in the channel.

Of course you could just tag the person in need of help in #english for an example. However, I’ve always thought of the “regional” channels as just a “talk lodge” where people hang out and just chat. You also can’t always tag them in #java or #bedrock since you may not know which platform they’re on.

Therefore, I suggest a “#non-staff help” channel, where anyone can answer, and you won’t have to worry about interrupting a conversation. It’s also really easy to add this channel, and it would really prove quite useful.

Tell me what you think of this idea! And if you have any questions to me apart from this post, feel free to add my discord! Weeb#9861

I thought about this too, but I was thinking like, if you need help from the community you can already ask in #skyblock #java #bedrock #english etc. So the #community-help will be a little bit too much and it will give staff more channels to control (they've it difficult with the channels we have already)

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Like what was said above, non staff users aren't always as knowledgeable about the right information, so giving false information will happen more often if this were to be added. Regular users do not know everything we do.

Anyhow, you're already able (and allowed) to help in other channels besides #staff-help, so there really isn't any need for this. Besides, we're already here to answer questions in the #staff-help channel.

Reactions: Anthoony

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Not sure, but this has been suggested before. I remember Marieke said "A lot of false information will be spread.", simply because of this, I do not think this would be a good idea. I'll try finding the previous post (tho I think it was based on something else, and it had this just mentioned in it) and find Mariekes response. (If it was Marieke, once again, not sure if it was.)
I found this post : https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/put-a-channel-on-discord-for-community-help.233429/
It was @CALLMESCOTT who said the above, and I completely agree.
Yeah, people could give out false information through this, some form of solution could be that you’re only allowed to answer in the channel if you’re 100% certain about it. This channel could just be the community replying to questions asked in #staff-help. Really similar to people mentioning others who’s asked in #staff-help like you would do in other channels, just that this one is made for only that

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
I thought about this too, but I was thinking like, if you need help from the community you can already ask in #skyblock #java #bedrock #english etc. So the #community-help will be a little bit too much and it will give staff more channels to control (they've it difficult with the channels we have already)
Didn’t think of it as a questions channel, ONLY answers to what’s been asked in #staff-help. Such as mentioning people just like you would do in #english but you can do it to a channel dedicated to it

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Like what was said above, non staff users aren't always as knowledgeable about the right information, so giving false information will happen more often if this were to be added. Regular users do not know everything we do.

Anyhow, you're already able (and allowed) to help in other channels besides #staff-help, so there really isn't any need for this. Besides, we're already here to answer questions in the #staff-help channel.
But since people always mention others in #english or other channels this could be a place where you’re supposed to do it. It wouldn’t be any difference, just less random messages interrupting conversations in other channels

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Staff should only be helping users, I really don't like other members telling players what to do in chats as it can get spammy, they can spread false info, confuse users, and overall it's annoying. I stopped doing it after I saw how much of a wannabe I looked like plus staff-help is called staff-help because you need help and you should go to a staff member. Sorry, but no from me.

Reactions: Hoshi

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
I actually quite like the idea. Interruptions in English Channel will not occur and as there are plenty of members, information will be given very quickly like if someone isn’t sure how to deal with a hacker in a game and needs help they can be given instructions to record and report. Maybe you would be allowed if you had like over 100/200 likes or a rank or something like that though?

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
I actually quite like the idea. Interruptions in English Channel will not occur and as there are plenty of members, information will be given very quickly like if someone isn’t sure how to deal with a hacker in a game and needs help they can be given instructions to record and report. Maybe you would be allowed if you had like over 100/200 likes or a rank or something like that though?
Maybe if you’re someone that staff has seen helping others you could be given a ‘discord helper’ rank on the discord server. Those would be the only ones allowed to answer there

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Staff should only be helping users, I really don't like other members telling players what to do in chats as it can get spammy, they can spread false info, confuse users, and overall it's annoying. I stopped doing it after I saw how much of a wannabe I looked like plus staff-help is called staff-help because you need help and you should go to a staff member. Sorry, but no from me.

I don't agree with the ''Only staff'' part.. we're a community and we should help each other when we can, staff-member or not.

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
Maybe if you’re someone that staff has seen helping others you could be given a ‘discord helper’ rank on the discord server. Those would be the only ones allowed to answer there
Yes, I think that’s a good idea. It may be fiddly identifying people that help and some people may feel left out. I do think just an ordinary help channel is good though, maybe a role called like help chat monitor that sees if information is valid etc

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
I disagree with this. As it has been mentioned before:
- false info would be spreaded in the community as non-knowledgeable users would start spreading the false word

So sorry, but this time as many others in this thread, I think this wouldn't be a suitable implementation

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
I want to make this clear: There’d be no difference from what we have now. People who would normally reply in #english or other such channels could just do it in there. Those who don’t reply in other channels would probably not do it here either

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree with the ''Only staff'' part.. we're a community and we should help each other when we can, staff-member or not.

As I mentioned there are way too many cons to this. You can help them by DM'ing them the info but not a channel of disorganized chaos of helping. It would be yet another channel needing to be monitored.

I want to make this clear: There’d be no difference from what we have now. People who would normally reply in #english or other such channels could just do it in there. Those who don’t reply in other channels would probably not do it here either

Pls no, whenever people start spamming replies to everyone in staff-help it's super annoying especially if you're just talking with people, it's off-topic and just annoying.

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Pls no, whenever people start spamming replies to everyone in staff-help it's super annoying especially if you're just talking with people, it's off-topic and just annoying.
Which is why this channel should be a thing, what you’ve just said is literally my main reason for implementing this channel

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Which is why this channel should be a thing, what you’ve just said is literally my main reason for implementing this channel

Read this: As I mentioned there are way too many cons to this. You can help them by DM'ing them the info but not a channel of disorganized chaos of helping. It would be yet another channel needing to be monitored. Which undoes your whole idea, sadly.

Reactions: Fesa and Axyy

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think this would be a good thing. Misinformation could be sent to easily, and #staff-help works, sometimes you have to wait but you will get an answer and if you don't because you ask it when all staff are sleeping. You can simply ask it again (when staff is online). As said above this reply, you can simply dm the player and tell them your answer!
Sorry but no...
~Fesa

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Cool person!
Hqteful wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!🎉
FIRE BUNDLE?? 🌟
Sick!
IMG_5373.png
Reesle wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, Pro Duckerator! 🥳🎉🐤
Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Top Bottom