Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should it be a channel?

• Yes!

• No! (tell me why if no)

• Yes, with slight modifications (tell me which then)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
As I mentioned there are way too many cons to this. You can help them by DM'ing them the info but not a channel of disorganized chaos of helping. It would be yet another channel needing to be monitored.

I've said the same thing about the monitored part.
And I get it, it will be a huge chaos. But sometimes the people get helped faster because of the players helping then when the staff is not around to help you out. It has 2 sides.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I don't agree with the ''Only staff'' part.. we're a community and we should help each other when we can, staff-member or not.
The fact that we're a community doesn't mean we should give people a direct opportunity to spread tons of misinformation..

I want to make this clear: There’d be no difference from what we have now. People who would normally reply in #english or other such channels could just do it in there. Those who don’t reply in other channels would probably not do it here either
Not true. Adding a channel for specific ''community help'' will encourage even more players to start 'helping' others. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with people giving each other a helping hand, I simply don't want it to happen in an incorrect way. Adding a channel will for the community will only embolden this effect. I guess that's the entire point of having a broad and multilateral staff team; to help one another in an effective way.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
The fact that we're a community doesn't mean we should give people a direct opportunity to spread tons of misinformation..

Not true. Adding a channel for specific ''community help'' will encourage even more players to start 'helping' others. I have absolutely no problem with people giving each other a helping hand, I simply don't want it to happen in an incorrect way. Adding a channel will for the community will only embolden this effect. I guess that's the entire point of having a broad and multilateral staff team. To help one another in an effective way.

That's not what I said. I said IF you can help the player out.. help him!

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
People don't do that. And that's a fact. As soon as people THINK they got the answer, they prefer to say it and trow it into the world without assuring it's correct.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
If they need help it should come from staff though if the channel would be to much work, and it dosen't belonging any other channel, the idea is lost, not very two-sided.

Staff related questions should only be answered by staff, but when it's about the game's.. And how is it not 2 side when there is a positive side and a negative side?

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
People don't do that. And that's a fact. As soon as people THINK they got the answer, they prefer to say it and trow it into the world without assuring it's correct.

That's true tho, haven't thought about that yet. And otherwise there are enough members to correct the wrong answer

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Just because you CAN do something dosen't mean you SHOULD. Like I have seen people spam #java with answering people's questions, and have the answers were false or made no sense, so really encouraging this behavior is not a good thing at all.

Staff related questions should only be answered by staff, but when it's about the game's.. And how is it not 2 side when there is a positive side and a negative side?

It can still be answered by staff, it's nice if a player wants to help but if they truly want to help, DM the user as I said, it has no place in any channel on the discord. It's not 2 sided because there barely is a positive side. The help you might get isn't confirmed, people can troll, could be misleading or confusing when messaged many times by different people, plus with Cuebcraft looking to have 100 active staff, this will be less of a problem.

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Alright, the idea is clearly not going to work. There was some serious flaws in my idea I had not thought of. I appreciate the feedback and agree that there would definitely be too much spam/false information in this sort of channel.
Sorry for wasting your time :P

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Just because you CAN do something dosen't mean you SHOULD. Like I have seen people spam #java with answering people's questions, and have the answers were false or made no sense, so really encouraging this behavior is not a good thing at all.

It can still be answered by staff, it's nice if a player wants to help but if they truly want to help, DM the user as I said, it has no place in any channel on the discord. It's not 2 sided because there barely is a positive side. The help you might get isn't confirmed, people can troll, could be misleading or confusing when messaged many times by different people, plus with Cuebcraft looking to have 100 active staff, this will be less of a problem.

You're completely right about that, but not every player is like that. I only see a few players trying to help people out with questions which are asked in staff-help.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Hello!
I just thought of an idea that I feel would be quite useful on the discord. The channel #staff-help is a really great place to ask stuff and for staff to reply. Sometimes though I see staff that doesn’t know or there’s no staff active in the channel.

Of course you could just tag the person in need of help in #english for an example. However, I’ve always thought of the “regional” channels as just a “talk lodge” where people hang out and just chat. You also can’t always tag them in #java or #bedrock since you may not know which platform they’re on.

Therefore, I suggest a “#non-staff help” channel, where anyone can answer, and you won’t have to worry about interrupting a conversation. It’s also really easy to add this channel, and it would really prove quite useful.

Tell me what you think of this idea! And if you have any questions to me apart from this post, feel free to add my discord! Weeb#9861

I think it would be a great idea, so there are no interruptions when a staff is talking to a user. But there are also people who can say false things. So I don't know if it would be a good idea, it would be in the hands of CubeCraft (Staff).

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
I voted no, because like explained in the staff channel you are allowed to tag someone in a different channel with an answer to their question. So I dont think this would be very useful.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
Hello!
I just thought of an idea that I feel would be quite useful on the discord. The channel #staff-help is a really great place to ask stuff and for staff to reply. Sometimes though I see staff that doesn’t know or there’s no staff active in the channel.

Of course you could just tag the person in need of help in #english for an example. However, I’ve always thought of the “regional” channels as just a “talk lodge” where people hang out and just chat. You also can’t always tag them in #java or #bedrock since you may not know which platform they’re on.

Therefore, I suggest a “#non-staff help” channel, where anyone can answer, and you won’t have to worry about interrupting a conversation. It’s also really easy to add this channel, and it would really prove quite useful.

Tell me what you think of this idea! And if you have any questions to me apart from this post, feel free to add my discord! Weeb#9861

Alright, the idea is clearly not going to work. There was some serious flaws in my idea I had not thought of. I appreciate the feedback and agree that there would definitely be too much spam/false information in this sort of channel.
Sorry for wasting your time :p
People can help eachother in the text channel. So I think its unnecessary. -1

person9595

Apr 18, 2020
I think there should be because You can Help people in the non-staff help channel without Breaking the posting in staff-help Rule.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eggwars > Bedwars
( all servers )
Reesle wrote on WarriorCat912's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Congrats on 200 messages! 🥳
BicolourSine41 wrote on BurgerCat13's profile.
hi 🍔🐈
BicolourSine41 wrote on mut baz's profile.
Hi! You're second in CTF duels leaderboard aren't you??
Top Bottom