• Not enough

• Ay cool

• Only the second suggestion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
So, the suggestion is simple: Healt Tags!
We all (hopefully) know that Health Tags are in the allowed mods list, but what if we had them as a server-sided feature?
Basically, it shows the health points of the other players in PvP games (not hearts, health points, aka half hearts) under the player's name tag. Yay.

That way you can change your strategies based on the enemy's health.

Now if I have to be honest with you, I don't like health tags mods and I only made this thread because the mod is allowed anyway. People with lower health will get targeted, as they're an "easy" kill (more like stolen, if anything).
So here's the alternative suggestion: removing the Health Tags from the allowed mods list. Yeah, that might not be the best idea, but hey, less people get kill-stolen.

Make sure to tell me what you think of the idea!
@Tacosbefriends

codexprivateㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
α муѕтяισυѕ ρƖαcє
Healt Tags
giphy.gif

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Wait, so what do I vote if I want the alternative suggestion?
I don't like health tags at all and my favourite solution would be to disable those mods for all players.

Reactions: Ping Ether

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Personally I don't like the health tags and would prefer damage indicators to be removed from allowed mods. Damage indicators tells way too much in 1.9 pvp such as when to spam click or half swing with an axe of when you can finish off someone with a crit or normal swing. Spam clicking when people are at 1/2 a ♡ on my practice server happens way too much xD

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
We all (hopefully) know that Health Tags are in the allowed mods list, but what if we had them as a server-sided feature?
Basically, it shows the health points of the other players in PvP games (not hearts, health points, aka half hearts) under the player's name tag. Yay.

Now if I have to be honest with you, I don't like health tags mods and I only made this thread because the mod is allowed anyway. People with lower health will get targeted, as they're an "easy" kill (more like stolen, if anything).
So here's the alternative suggestion: removing the Health Tags from the allowed mods list. Yeah, that might not be the best idea, but hey, less people get kill-stolen.

@Tacosbefriends
I love this! Health tags would be amazing with campers, being able to know how much health they are at and how much you do to them.

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D

@Tacosbefriends
Get damage indicator ping. Kthxbai

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
simpler solution: Just makr damage indicators an illegal mod and add a spoifer plugin. Should I repost my old suggestion ._.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I remember a discussion and moderators said that the health tag doesn't give you any advantage. I still think it's bs because they actually do. It should be removed from the allowed mod list like you said or everyone should have it.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Health tags definitely give an advantage; I personally hate them. I'd love to see a server ban on them, but unfortunately, it's not like you can tell when someone's using it, unlike fly hacks or something of that ilk. I think they belong in games like FFA and that's really it.
This basically makes damage indicator a blacklisted mod because they have them to

Reactions: iLoveYouu

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Health tags definitely give an advantage; I personally hate them. I'd love to see a server ban on them, but unfortunately, it's not like you can tell when someone's using it, unlike fly hacks or something of that ilk. I think they belong in games like FFA and that's really it.
But it is possible to disable those mods for all players. The minecraft server sends the health of all entities to every player, but usually it's not used at all afaik. You can just send a wrong value to make those plugins useless.
Btw. I especially dislike health tags in FFA because targeting people at low health is even more annoying there than in team games.

Reactions: Ping Ether
Jan 25, 2017

@Tacosbefriends
Well, it is a good idea. But would you like it if everyone sees that u half only half a heart left? (So everyone knows who to snipe ;) )

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

@Tacosbefriends
I'd like to see them removed altogether. Like others have already said, it gives an unfair advantage to those who don't use them and I feel like it would change fighting tactics for the worse if everyone could see the enemy's health.

It IS a legal thing included in certain mods so you might say, 'Well Drag, if you think you're at a disadvantage why don't you use them too?'

Well my good friend, the problem with that idea is my crappy laptop cannot run Forge and therefore any other mods. It is literally impossible for me to obtain the ability to see an enemy's health... Yaaay. I'm sure mine is a similiar case to many other Cubecraft players too.

So yeh, just make it an disallowed thing.

I'd love to see a server ban on them, but unfortunately, it's not like you can tell when someone's using it, unlike fly hacks or something of that ilk.

This is true, but I think if it was commonly known as a disallowed mod it would at least prevent a few players from using it. Afterall, they probably don't know the mods have no way of tracking it, do they? : P

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I agree. While I had previously opposed the idea of disallowing them, I have to admit that this was at a time when I was less informed of the extent of its application.

The reason that we disallow hacks, is because they give one player an unfair advantage over another other player, and ultimately water down the experience for everybody that is caught on the receiving end of them. If two players have begun to chase you solely because they've noticed that you have lower health than they do, then this is giving one player an unfair advantage over another, as that knowledge was supposed to be hidden to everybody other than you.

While hacks are obviously far more severe given that they essentially play the game for you, the ability to know how much (or little) health your opponent has left means that you can judge with better odds whether or not you're likely to win the fight. With this knowledge in hand, you can therefore decide whether to flee the area, or attack your opponent; a decision that most players have to blindly make multiple times a game, and will frequently cost them their lives.

The Health Tags mod does give an unfair advantage in the same manner that hacked clients do. While it doesn't play the game for you, it still gives you a significant advantage in and outside of combat, and will save your life on a regular basis. If Mojang wanted you to be able to know the extent of an enemy's injuries, then health tags would already be an official feature.

On the subject of giving everybody health tags by adding a similar feature to the server, I can see this ultimately slowing down the gameplay by encouraging evasive and campy behaviour. You'd have players that'd hide away until players with low health walk past, and those that have just escaped combat would become common targets.

tl;dr - Punish or discourage the use of Health Tags in some way.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Thanks for the follow ^^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Top Bottom