How cool is dis

• Not enough

• Ay cool

• Only the second suggestion

Results are only viewable after voting.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I totally agree with this suggestion, I think we should either have toggleable server wide health tags so players don't really have a disadvantage or we should disallow health tag mods.

Reactions: Ping Ether

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I guess we can tag @Rororoyourboat to see what he thinks about the topic (he decides what mods are approved).

I made a similar thread like this in August when I started becoming active on the forums. You got me on your side. The alternative suggestion combined with spoofing healthtags ensures DI (damage indicators) cannot be secretly used in any way. You need spoofing for sure, not just disallowing it.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I agree. While I had previously opposed the idea of disallowing them, I have to admit that this was at a time when I was less informed of the extent of its application.

The reason that we disallow hacks, is because they give one player an unfair advantage over another other player, and ultimately water down the experience for everybody that is caught on the receiving end of them. If two players have begun to chase you solely because they've noticed that you have lower health than they do, then this is giving one player an unfair advantage over another, as that knowledge was supposed to be hidden to everybody other than you.

While hacks are obviously far more severe given that they essentially play the game for you, the ability to know how much (or little) health your opponent has left means that you can judge with better odds whether or not you're likely to win the fight. With this knowledge in hand, you can therefore decide whether to flee the area, or attack your opponent; a decision that most players have to blindly make multiple times a game, and will frequently cost them their lives.

The Health Tags mod does give an unfair advantage in the same manner that hacked clients do. While it doesn't play the game for you, it still gives you a significant advantage in and outside of combat, and will save your life on a regular basis. If Mojang wanted you to be able to know the extent of an enemy's injuries, then health tags would already be an official feature.

On the subject of giving everybody health tags by adding a similar feature to the server, I can see this ultimately slowing down the gameplay by encouraging evasive and campy behaviour. You'd have players that'd hide away until players with low health walk past, and those that have just escaped combat would become common targets.

tl;dr - Punish or discourage the use of Health Tags in some way.
My only problem with this is discerning between hacks a mod or targgetting if someones trying to run away i chase them down until one of us dies because i automatically assume their health is low i dont want to be banned for assumed health tags when all im doing is making assumptions

SrNatsu

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2016
Barcelona, Spain
www.instagram.com
I don't like this idea, it's an unnecessary advantage, the game is funnier when you are fighting with someone and both don't know the health of each other. On the other hand, if both can see each health no one would eat Golden apples (if you are 0.5 or 1 heart) or people would focus people with less health.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I don't like this idea, it's an unnecessary advantage, the game is funnier when you are fighting with someone and both don't know the health of each other. On the other hand, if both can see each health no one would eat Golden apples (if you are 0.5 or 1 heart) or people would focus people with less health.
That's why I've put the alternative to ban the health tag mod...
i don't like this idea
If you could like, explain why? It would help make this thread better.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
Health tags definitely give an advantage; I personally hate them. I'd love to see a server ban on them, but unfortunately, it's not like you can tell when someone's using it, unlike fly hacks or something of that ilk. I think they belong in games like FFA and that's really it.
i agree with mister Tacos here although i like them but yea hes right

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
i agree with mister Tacos here although i like them but yea hes right
I think Ping is more suggesting that something needs to happen instead of wanting damage indicators/health tags server wide. And I agree with Ping, something needs to happen, either making it server wide so everyone has it and nobody has an advantage/disadvantage or making it bannable(making it impossible to properly use).

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I guess we can tag @Rororoyourboat to see what he thinks about the topic (he decides what mods are approved).

I made a similar thread like this in August when I started becoming active on the forums. You got me on your side. The alternative suggestion combined with spoofing healthtags ensures DI (damage indicators) cannot be secretly used in any way. You need spoofing for sure, not just disallowing it.

She man, she;).

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
I think Ping is more suggesting that something needs to happen instead of wanting damage indicators/health tags server wide. And I agree with Ping, something needs to happen, either making it server wide so everyone has it and nobody has an advantage/disadvantage or making it bannable(making it impossible to properly use).
why you gotta do this to me @iLoveYouu so mean lol jk jk but yea i was kinda not paying attention at her meaning of it but yea i understand i do like the suggestion tho

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!!! 🍰
SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
Top Bottom