Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

School.....

• Total voters

owl20

Apr 14, 2014
Ikr, @owl20 you should feel lucky that you don't have to go to school.

OK, first off, I kind of expected this kind of response. But let's have a little insight into my life then, shall we?

I have M.E., also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Myalgic Encephalopathy, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, C.F.S, and there are more names but it doesn't matter what you call it. As I said in my comment above, I physically cannot attend school. How on EARTH is this lucky?

You might 'hate' having to wear a uniform and wake up in the morning and obey teachers rules and do things you don't want to. Fine. But YOU are the lucky one here. If I had any chance to go back to a normal life and attend school, I would accept it in a heartbeat.

You might want to stay at home all day. Great, a day off from responsibilites. Doing whatever you want to do. I don't think that you realise this isn't what I do? I am forced to stay at home because that's all I can do. I still have to work really hard to do the work I can, which at present is three lessons a week, and even that means I have to stay in bed and sleep until at least 3pm most days. And before you say it, this is not just a long lie in. This is unrefreshing sleep, Often I'll wake up feeling worse than I felt before. But because I am so exhausted, I can't do anything else.

The novelty would wear off after a while, let me tell you. I know how stressful school can be, but I also know that I would prefer it to how my life is right now. I can't go out of the house for more than two minutes without using a wheelchair. I have had to stop almost all of the things I used to enjoy. You think this is lucky? I could go on for much longer.

Also, thanks @AtomicBirdAss for actually sticking up for me. I hope the others understand now but I doubt they will...

Being ill for three weeks is nothing. I've been ill for almost two years, and I know people who have been ill for over 12. Oh and there's also the factor that I could be ill for ever. But yeah, I'm lucky.

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
we don't need no education...we don't need no thought control.
Hey, teacher! Leave them kids alone!
No more dark sarcasm, in the classroom.
All in all it's just a, another brick in the wall.

Kudus if you know the reference
Just bought the album. Pink Floyd <3

Reactions: kkbubble

MadGab210

Dedicated Member
Jan 29, 2014
Chicago
OK, first off, I kind of expected this kind of response. But let's have a little insight into my life then, shall we?

I have M.E., also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Myalgic Encephalopathy, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, C.F.S, and there are more names but it doesn't matter what you call it. As I said in my comment above, I physically cannot attend school. How on EARTH is this lucky?

You might 'hate' having to wear a uniform and wake up in the morning and obey teachers rules and do things you don't want to. Fine. But YOU are the lucky one here. If I had any chance to go back to a normal life and attend school, I would accept it in a heartbeat.

You might want to stay at home all day. Great, a day off from responsibilites. Doing whatever you want to do. I don't think that you realise this isn't what I do? I am forced to stay at home because that's all I can do. I still have to work really hard to do the work I can, which at present is three lessons a week, and even that means I have to stay in bed and sleep until at least 3pm most days. And before you say it, this is not just a long lie in. This is unrefreshing sleep, Often I'll wake up feeling worse than I felt before. But because I am so exhausted, I can't do anything else.

The novelty would wear off after a while, let me tell you. I know how stressful school can be, but I also know that I would prefer it to how my life is right now. I can't go out of the house for more than two minutes without using a wheelchair. I have had to stop almost all of the things I used to enjoy. You think this is lucky? I could go on for much longer.

Also, thanks @AtomicBirdAss for actually sticking up for me. I hope the others understand now but I doubt they will...

Being ill for three weeks is nothing. I've been ill for almost two years, and I know people who have been ill for over 12. Oh and there's also the factor that I could be ill for ever. But yeah, I'm lucky.
Wow, I think I'm going to cry. I feel so bad. :(

AtomicBirdAss

Oct 27, 2013
Why would you care?

Couldnt have said it better. Anyways, @owl20 , I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever feel bored, join CCG :) Say hi to me if you're online :P

Reactions: owl20

kkbubble

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2014
The chair in between good and evil
@deathdragon206 it's a pink Floyd song from the album the wall.

Also I realize @owl20 that you live a very hard and stressful life, but think of it this way.

You are told to go to school.
You are told what is right and wrong.
You are forced to agree with the opinions in the textbooks that the US government says is "ok"
If you are "bad" or "violent" u are put on a track that is designed to make u unsuccessful
If you have different opinions than the majority you get in trouble
If you are not a model child you get in trouble.
If you are different in the slightest you are made to fail.

We are being taught to follow a model of simplicity that is designed to completely preoccupy your entire day with grades and tests. I ENVY you. You get to think for yourself and formulate your own opinions. You are not forced to go to the factories that society controls.

No country, teaches the same history class.

(I do see exactly what you mean, and no I do not envy your situation and I hope that one day you get to go to school, If that is what you want) @Aimee2323

deathdragon206

Oct 26, 2013
Virginia ^_^
You are told to go to school.
You are told what is right and wrong.
You are forced to agree with the opinions in the textbooks that the US government says is "ok"
If you are "bad" or "violent" u are put on a track that is designed to make u unsuccessful
If you have different opinions than the majority you get in trouble
If you are not a model child you get in trouble.
If you are different in the slightest you are made to fail.

We are being taught to follow a model of simplicity that is designed to completely preoccupy your entire day with grades and tests.

As if what they claim is "right" actually is

AtomicBirdAss

Oct 27, 2013
Why would you care?
You, who envy owl20 are just not smart enough to understand that we are lucky to be able to attend school. No offence, but you all know, if you had to lay in bed for 2 years, you'd love to go to school. We really shouldnt take these things for granted. Think of the kids in country's like Ethiopia. Its their dreams to, one day, go to school. And btw, if you hate school as much as you say, you probably have no friends at school, or get bullied. I dont find school that annoying, because I meet friends there. Pfff... Just, think about it. I dont care you say you hate it. I know that deep inside, you are glad to have the oppertunity to go to school.
(BTW, I dont wanna be mean to anyone, or start an argument :))

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thank you for everything you have done <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything I also wish you goodluck <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday
Amazinq wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thank you for everything
Top Bottom