Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be a thing?

• Total voters

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
I know this might not be liked by many, but I do want to suggest this either way.

I've realized that in FFA there are a bunch of people that just sit around and do nothing the whole time, not engaging in combat, not killing anyone, nothing. They're essentially just doing what they could be doing in a lobby and in the meantime taking up spaces for people that actually do want to fight. Here's my suggestion.

If you don't kill someone every 15-20 minutes atleast, you get sent back to the lobby.

The reason why I think this is very useful is because, like I said, there are just a bunch of people that just chill in FFA, which would be fine if they didn't take up valuable spaces in people's favorite maps. It's pretty easy, if you don't want to fight and if you just want to chill with your friends all day, do this in a lobby. FFA should not be the place for people to just sit around in my opinion.

I feel like this would also prevent drama somewhat. Let me explain. Some of these people that just sit around doing nothing in FFA usually have a whole bunch of friends that they always call when you decide to attack them nonetheless, with the argument of 'well I wasn't doing anything so you didn't have a reason to attack me, I'm the victim here.'. This is really annoying for the the initial attacker because it isn't rare for them to get focussed by these friends until they ragequit or just go to another map, and usually people become toxic when someone starts 2v1ing/targeting for example. I understand that this is Free For All and that 2v1ing and targeting is allowed, but people get really annoyed by this nonetheless.

"But what if there are these really bad players that actually fight but can't manage to get a kill every 15 minutes?"
I can assure you that it is (near) impossible for someone not to get a kill every 15 minutes. Eventually these new players will find someone who's already low or AFK that they can kill with ease. This 15-20 minute deadline could possibly add to their learning curve as well, because they will probably feel a sense of urgency and be more eager to fight.

"What if they just kill eachother every once in a while so that they don't get kicked?"
We can't do anything about this, but in my opinion this is so much better than just not having them do anything. On top of that, I think if we give the people that sit around instead of a fighting a sense of like 'oh right, we're supposed to be fighting' they might actually get into the rythm of fighting every now and then.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
maybe hit instead of kill
I thought of this already, but I came to the conclusion that this would make it so easy for the people that don't do anything all the time to not get kicked since they'd just have to punch someone once every once in a while. On top of that, 15-20 minutes is more than enough time to kill someone.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
First off I think that what you're proposing is way too harsh and it'll severely impact the FFA community most likely in a bad way since many people will be forced to change the way they play and enjoy the game.

You could argue the players that are doing nothing in the FFA maps are taking up valuable spots, but they also deserve to be there even if it's just to mess around. Lots and lots of people join FFA to have fun in ways other than just PvPing all the time, and it's perfectly valid to have a different approach to what you consider "fun" in the game. That being said, I don't think we should be preventing people from enjoying themselves in FFA if the argument is simply so more players can join the maps they're filling up. There's plenty of maps, and honestly kicking inactive people after some time might not even fix the issue, because FFA gets a lot of concurrent players.

I would instead suggest to only kick players who are completely AFK, not moving, not hitting, not killing. That makes it so people that are actively participating of FFA, killing, talking or whatever, all have a fair chance to stay in the map. Also your suggestion has a flaw, what happens to players that aren't even good enough to get a kill every 15 minutes? It's a very real possibility and it'd be really unfair on those who aren't as skilled in PvP.

Edit: Turns out the AFK thing already exists. So I would just say this idea is not needed at all.

Last edited:

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Also your suggestion has a flaw, what happens to players that aren't even good enough to get a kill every 15 minutes? It's a very real possibility and it'd be really unfair on those who aren't as skilled in PvP.
I already mentioned this here:
"But what if there are these really bad players that actually fight but can't manage to get a kill every 15 minutes?"
I can assure you that it is (near) impossible for someone not to get a kill every 15 minutes. Eventually these new players will find someone who's already low or AFK that they can kill with ease. This 15-20 minute deadline could possibly add to their learning curve as well, because they will probably feel a sense of urgency and be more eager to fight.

I don't like gatekeeping the way that a certain game is supposed to be played, but honestly I don't think that what I'm doing is gatekeeping. FFA is made for fighting. On top of that, 15-20 minutes is more than enough time to fool around and 'enjoy the game in their own way'. They'd just have to *play the game like it's meant to be played* every now and again. The main point of FFA remains to fight and not to chill, I'm pretty sure this is an objective fact, like even the name of the game insinuates it.

Why would you want people joining FFA just to do nothing if they could do the exact same thing in a lobby, without taking up spaces or annoying others by calling whole groups of people on a player just for playing the game.
First off I think that what you're proposing is way too harsh and it'll severely impact the FFA community most likely in a bad way
I disagree with this. I don't think the impact would be severe nor negative. You'd be suprised how many kills you get even when you don't want to fight. Like if I'm honest I've been in situations before where I just messed around with friends for half an hour straight, but during this time I still got kills. People got in my way, focussed me, all that.

I would instead suggest to only kick players who are completely AFK, not moving, not hitting, not killing. That makes it so people that are actively participating of FFA, killing, talking or whatever, all have a fair chance to stay in the map.
This is already a thing. People that are literally AFK and not moving or anything get kicked after a short period of time. This is why I wanted to suggest this, because it's a completely different thing.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
I dont think this is a good idea. Loads of ffa players would have problems with things like campers, flying, hideouts or anything that could drag the game on

And I dont even play ffa. I'm on bedrock

Reactions: Eli

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I’m on bedrock but even I a measly little mobile player could easily get like 15 kills in that period of time so I agree

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Idk I dont play ffa but I assume theres people that drag on the game, just like all gamemodes
No blocks just gear
So camping can’t happen
And sentinel is god in java and there’s lots of staff so hackers are not a problem

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Idk I dont play ffa but I assume theres people that drag on the game, just like all gamemodes
FFA = Free For All, it's not like the other game modes where you're able to build. The aim of the game is basically to pvp people, that's pretty much it, so there's no placing blocks, just fighting, thus, camping/hideouts wouldn't even be possible.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
FFA = Free For All, it's not like the other game modes where you're able to build. The aim of the game is basically to pvp people, that's pretty much it, so there's no placing blocks, just fighting, thus, camping/hideouts wouldn't even be possible.
Cant people keep running away though?

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Even so, I think that people shouldn't get kicked for that, it just doesn't seem right
The thing is, people can run away but will probably eventually die because there are so many people everywhere.

There are people that just don't do anything and just chill with their friends (which they can do in a lobby) and if anyone does try to kill them they call their friends to come kill whoever was about to kill them. I feel like for this reason they should be kicked because they aren't doing anything and are taking up space in the process.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
The thing is, people can run away but will probably eventually die because there are so many people everywhere.

There are people that just don't do anything and just chill with their friends (which they can do in a lobby) and if anyone does try to kill them they call their friends to come kill whoever was about to kill them. I feel like for this reason they should be kicked because they aren't doing anything and are taking up space in the process.
Fair enough I guess, tho if someone is just bad at pvp they'd prolly get kicked a bit

Dont blast me, I'm no java player (Insert shruggie since I'm too lazy)

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Fair enough I guess, tho if someone is just bad at pvp they'd prolly get kicked a bit

Dont blast me, I'm no java player (Insert shruggie since I'm too lazy)
That's okay, I'm not blasting you, just trying to explain this in a way you'd be able to understand since you play on a different platform.

Believe it or not, as a frequent FFA player, I can guarantee that it's pretty easy to get a kill if someone is low/afk.

Reactions: Katsia Stray

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
That's okay, I'm not blasting you, just trying to explain this in a way you'd be able to understand since you play on a different platform.

But believe it or not, as a frequent FFA player, I can guarantee that it's pretty easy to get a kill if someone is low/afk.
I mean loads of diff people spamming my notifs cause I disagreed 😂 I thought ffa would be smth like a kitpvp where you can easily hide so my bad, I'll change my vote if I can

Reactions: Meiske

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Personally, I don’t really play FFA but here’s my opinion. It’s a really good idea in theory, kick people that aren’t playing the game. (I mean personally messing around on FFA is fun) I feel like this takes away part of FFA, the community fun. I know you play more than me, but it’s always been fun to sit on a rock with people and just have fist fights. This takes away that as people will be obsessed with making sure they’re not gonna get kicked because they’re not killing. Nice idea, and it has good reasoning but I’m going to have to vote no I’m sorry.

Reactions: Katsia Stray
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Sorry that i am late but Happy Birthday!! 🎈
BicolourSine41 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom