Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be a thing?

• Total voters

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Personally, I don’t really play FFA but here’s my opinion. It’s a really good idea in theory, kick people that aren’t playing the game. (I mean personally messing around on FFA is fun) I feel like this takes away part of FFA, the community fun. I know you play more than me, but it’s always been fun to sit on a rock with people and just have fist fights. This takes away that as people will be obsessed with making sure they’re not gonna get kicked because they’re not killing. Nice idea, and it has good reasoning but I’m going to have to vote no I’m sorry.
I get where you're coming from, that this could potentially 'ruin' the fun community side of FFA for those that do like to fool around sometimes (which people can certainly still do within 15-20 mins time) but obviously this idea could make them scramble whenever it gets closer to the deadline if that's all they'd be doing.

However, most FFA players play the game for what it's meant for, which is Free For All.

If you have these groups of people (that don't PvP at all - that also, mind you, happen to consist of a large group of people) seperated in different areas of the map, you're obviously going to avoid them, which means you'll end up avoiding a lot of people instead of being able to fight them fairly, because if you go for them they will just gang up on you and the fight just becomes unfair or they start targeting you until you leave or ragequit which can stir up drama in the process.

This is obviously not enjoyable for players that actually just want to fight, you really start to realize that most people will gang up on you regardless if you happen to run into one of the friends of the person that you happened to kill, this happens quite often and becomes annoying when you're just trying to fight people.

This is why I think that FFA shouldn't ever be a 'hangout' area because it just causes problems for people that actually want to play the game. There is no reason to be doing this in FFA when you can be doing it anywhere else, like in the lobby for instance. I think FFA should remain a place for players to PvP each other without others filling up the space because they want to 'hang out'.

I can't really think of any other solution to making the map fill up with players that actually fight instead of those that play unfairly/don't fight at all.

Of course everyone deserves to be here but not playing the game is pretty much equivalent to being AFK imo and for that reason you really wouldn’t want players taking up that space, right?

Like @Texbirds also already mentioned:
they might actually get into the rythm of fighting every now and then.
which can end up making the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited:

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
This is a bad idea, people play FFA to chill around and punch each other, we should allow people to play as they wish instead of pushing our ideals into them.

I’m against those people who sit in the spawn and do nothing they should be kicked sooner if they don’t go into the play area within minutes.

Reactions: Eli

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I get where you're coming from, that this could potentially 'ruin' the fun community side of FFA for those that do like to fool around sometimes (which people can certainly still do within 15-20 mins time) but obviously this idea could make them scramble whenever it gets closer to the deadline if that's all they'd be doing.

However, most FFA players play the game for what it's meant for, which is Free For All.

If you have these groups of people (that don't PvP at all - that also, mind you, happen to consist of a large group of people) seperated in different areas of the map, you're obviously going to avoid them, which means you'll end up avoiding a lot of people instead of being able to fight them fairly, because if you go for them they will just gang up on you and the fight just becomes unfair or they start targeting you until you leave or ragequit which can stir up drama in the process.

This is obviously not enjoyable for players that actually just want to fight, you really start to realize that most people will gang up on you regardless if you happen to run into one of the friends of the person that you happened to kill, this happens quite often and becomes annoying when you're just trying to fight people.

This is why I think that FFA shouldn't ever be a 'hangout' area because it just causes problems for people that actually want to play the game. There is no reason to be doing this in FFA when you can be doing it anywhere else, like in the lobby for instance. I think FFA should remain a place for players to PvP each other without others filling up the space because they want to 'hang out'.

I can't really think of any other solution to making the map fill up with players that actually fight instead of those that play unfairly/don't fight at all.

Of course everyone deserves to be here but not playing the game is pretty much equivalent to being AFK imo and for that reason you really wouldn’t want players taking up that space, right?

Like @Texbirds also already mentioned:

which can end up making the game more enjoyable for everyone.
I completely understand your point of view and it makes sense, thanks for the response!

Reactions: Texbirds and Meiske
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Congratulations on senior moderator!

Oh wait... not yet...
UncleSpect wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Hqteful pfp ??????
Hello people of the forums! Please suggest me your best Summer themed names for Summer
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Reesle's profile.
🤍 pro member
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Xd pfp 😂
Top Bottom