Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Should be implemented

• Should not be implemented (Why?)

• Should be implemented with changes (Suggestions?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I think the title is pretty self-explanatory but I'm going to elaborate my idea through this thread.
cc_bar_827009100000.png

So basically, your friend is in a game, and you're bored and want to maybe watch them play a round of Skywars or two. Well at the moment, you have to wait for them to be done and then invite them to a party and then you die so you can watch your friend. My idea is that you can teleport to your friend and watch their game, and then move on with them to the next game.
cc_bar_164391100000.png

This could be done using existing commands such as /f list and then you click their name to tp to them and spectate. A new command could work too, /f spectate and then click one of the names that are displayed.
Your friend will be given a notification in the chat saying "Your friend %player% is now spectating you!" or something similar to this.
One final idea is this could be added as a whole game mode, where you could just watch games, maybe even with your party. Any feedback on my idea is greatly appreciated and I think this could be a fun feature, that I haven't seen on any other server!

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I think this would be a nice addition for players who are waiting for their friends to finish a game. I don't see any downsides to this so I would like it if they added this.
Thank you for the feedback. I definitely agree with no downsides!

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Sounds pretty good. However, I don’t think you should be able to just teleport to any friend’s game. I think a command like /p spectate would be better. This will teleport you to the game where you’re friends/fellow party members are in. Anyway, well explained suggestion and I would like to see this implemented!

Reactions: Technosword

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
no, because your friends tell you where the opponents are
This is already a thing, people on your team that are dead can see the team chat and still speak. If you're in a party then you could help your alive party members in solo skywars and someone not in your party or a friend could still help you. If you want to get rid of this I guess you could take out the chat function for a spectator, but this could take out some of the fun, and if you're trying to coordinate a party then that could add difficulty too.

MetalStick

Jul 12, 2018
This is already a thing, people on your team that are dead can see the team chat and still speak. If you're in a party then you could help your alive party members in solo skywars and someone not in your party or a friend could still help you. If you want to get rid of this I guess you could take out the chat function for a spectator, but this could take out some of the fun, and if you're trying to coordinate a party then that could add difficulty too.
While playing team eggwars, a teammate may not die and your friend can track you and inform you about other players using the spectate command. If you get bored waiting for them, enter a new game

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
While playing team eggwars, a teammate may not die and your friend can track you and inform you about other players using the spectate command. If you get bored waiting for them, enter a new game
I just don't believe that this could give anyone an advantage over another player that doesn't already exist.

RoboticToast

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2015
Sounds pretty good. However, I don’t think you should be able to just teleport to any friend’s game. I think a command like /p spectate would be better. This will teleport you to the game where you’re friends/fellow party members are in. Anyway, well explained suggestion and I would like to see this implemented!
Whenever you're in a party you'ĺl be teleported to the same games, so the /p spectate command isn't really needed

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Whenever you're in a party you'ĺl be teleported to the same games, so the /p spectate command isn't really needed
Actually they're only tp'ed if they're in a hub or if the creator of the party brings everyone into a game. Right now you can't be teleported into a game just as a spectator.

Reactions: Lime

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
I love this idea. It add no unfair advantage that is not already there from spectating after you die if you were originally in the game as a party. This feature would allow you to pass the time more enjoyably when you join a party that is already mid-game.

+1 from me!

D

Deleted member 469419

Well, I personally dislike this idea.

1) People could abuse of this command and are constantly annoying the other friend, Although it could be turned off in settings, I've always seen this like a special command to catch hackers/rules infractors, although they can use it with everyone... Overall, and what I dislike, is that this could be used with the only purpose of annoying a "friend".

2) Imagine someone who have more than 1000 friends on the network, or someone who have infinite friend slots (Translator rank), could they spectate his friend? The game would be totally lagged.

3) As someone said above, this could work to tell your friend who are the other opponents, what are they doing, what are his location, what they have...

So, sorry, but at the moment this is a no from me

Reactions: Levi_the_pro

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the suggestion. But I'm thinking the same as MetalStick. Players will abuse this command and therefore I'm giving the suggestion a -1. Sorry. You could play a game of Minerware/Skywars while waiting. These games usually take 3-9 minutes.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Thank you for the feedback everyone! It's very appreciated, I disagree that people would gain an advantage that doesn't already exist, but I understand your point of view.

May 11, 2020
This is a good idea, the only downsides is that it can put an unfair advantage to a certain player. If you were to spectate a friend playing, you could constantly be telling him where and what they enemy has.

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
This could be a good idea if we limit to only team games. It could be abused in solos to get information, but because our teammates can help already us in teams mode when they're dead, so it could work! Nice suggestion :P

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom