Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello! So, I've been seeing several PvP suggestions thread over the past week, but many were solely based on duels. Some had a bit about FFA, and well. Now I have some more for you!

What I want most in FFA is new maps. When I use to play it non stop, I would usually get bored of the maps I played on. For those who don't know, the maps are as of the following:

• Savannah (Land-based)
• Flatlands (Land-based)
• Kingdom (Land-based)
• Classic (Land-based)
• Flowers (Wings)
• Space (Wings)

Although majority of these maps are fun to play on, it does become rather boring when you only have so much.

Kingdoms is an interesting map. But for many people, it's hard on the fps. Unlike quality maps such as Savannah or Flatlands, it's difficult to get the maximum fps (if you placed a cap on it). Kingdom is also (in my opinion) filled with many unnecessary buildings. I find very little people hanging out in them, or fighting in them. Most also just lead to dead ends. Why not replace it with boulders if you want obstacles. The fences that surround the water is also especially annoying. If you want quick escape, it becomes harder. The second tower by the spawn Orc, is also really empty.

Personally I prefer land based maps over wings, especially when they were constantly in rotations. But I've gotten use to it. I don't have much complaints, but I do have several.

In Flowers, the opposite side of the spawn ground is full of obstacle and hills. Why not smooth it out? Also, remove the lake, or something. I've seen so many people abuse it to make their hitboxes much smaller. It's not hard to hit the based of their feet, but they get an unfair advantage. There's also many islands with bridges, but I feel like the center of the map should be cleared out more. Leave a single big island or something. It'll make things more clearer, and probably will let others not constantly die from crashing. Also, top is a bit small considering how many people spawn up there to fight.

For space, the cake is not a really good area to fight since of all the blocks there. But that's pretty much all I have to say about wings.

The rest of the maps, in my opinion are fine as it is. However, I think it would be cool if these maps were changed temporarily to match the holidays? If new maps could be introduced, it would be a super. Since the last update for FFA was like last summer.

Many of the kits in normal FFA are fine. But they would need a little balancing.

Archer- It should receive 1 arrow per hit or 5 arrows upon a kill. It doesn't guarantee that you'll get infinite arrows, but it's better than having none.

Alchemist- I don't remember when the poison potion was changed, but maybe it should last a bit longer. Upon kills, it should receive another minute of speed and strength. Regeneration potion in most cases is pretty useless. Also upon kills, alchemist should be able to receive a single harming potion.

I would say the rest of the kits are fine. As most don't have a finite resource. But in other modes, such as Wings and OP. The kits are VERY unbalanced. In wings, the strongest kit is pretty apparent. The Warrior kit. With the iron chest plate gone from the tank, the single chainmail boot for the ninja, the weak set in general for archer, and the elytra that makes throwing pots difficult. I would say the warrior kit is overpowering in most cases. Personally I don't know how to balance out the kits in this one, besides giving some armor protection 1. In OP, the best kits are either the OP version of warrior and tank. The archers arrows aren't very effective (against these two kits). Especially since it's only power 3. The pots in alchemist don't last long enough. And the ninja dies too quickly. Speed makes aiming extremely hard, not to mention, a single hit drops you a lot. Now combine OP and wings, and you got an extremely weird game mode.

~

So. Besides balancing out the kits, I want all the armor, elytra, and weapons unbreakable. For most, they wouldn't survive to see their armor break or anything break. But in some modes (OP) you usually could. Why have a disadvantage just because you survived this long?

~

New kits would be nice to have. Comment below of what kits you want to see. Remember this is FFA, not duels.

I've seen about two threads talking about the shop. In both I disagreed in removing them. Although you get to obtain better armor and weapons, it's not really worth it. I think the shop was mainly introduced to allow players to replace armor pieces. But this isn't Assassinations. But now, I think it should be removed if the unbreakable armor, weapon, and etc are added. Or leave the bow and arrows there. Read the next section for more compromises.

To start of this section. I'm going to pick up from the last one. People may want the better armor. So I give you a better solution. You can only obtain this armor through getting certain amount of kills. Let's say 50 kills per diamond armor piece? I'm sure there are better ways to do this. Or players can obtain better armor (not diamonds) through kills.

Now, about the golden apples. I'm sure many people wouldn't worry too much. They cost 100 points each. I think it should only be given to players who reach 5-10 killstreaks.

Other games, such as Eggwars and Skywars, have perks. I think perks such as feather falling, strength (upon kill), and speed (upon kill) should be added.

Regeneration should be given to players every time they get a kill. It should last 5 seconds. This should make cleaning harder.

Aside from these. Why not add obtaining exp per kill? FFA is like the only game mode (that I know of) that doesn't give experience.

Spectator mode should be a thing. It'll allow you to watch players more easily. Either to catch them hacking. Or getting a good video. I also don't see how this will really be abused.

Personally I don't have anything in mind. But why not add achievements to PvP? I mean the other gamemodes have some, why not pvp?

It's dead. It use to have the best FFA community, but now it's the most empty. It's like the Soup Duel. The concept was good, but it has it's fault.

• A bug that does not allow you to eat the soup when facing opponents. Making it hard to heal up without quick dropping. Also this is a bug with bows in duels.

• Strength. If you don't play warrior, you won't be able to take on opponents using warrior.

• /resoup. Pretty much an unknown command, but eh.

My solution. It fits 1.8 better in my opinion. Make it into potion pvp in 1.8 and it'll be successful.

If you didn't bother reading. Oh well.

@CREAM

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

They should give us more maps . Preferably land . Or a hybrid map altogether . All kits need work , new ones should be added .

Dont remove shop.

Dont edit kingdom , even though the map is an fps killer

Someplaces ate hard to pvp , dont change that , i like difficult terrain.

We should get hybrid maps.

A

A pigeon

Why not? O-o. I mean, I rather have a map where I can play more smoothly on, than a map where I can barely get 20 fps o-o.
Cubecraft has done enogh damage to maps already.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello! So, I've been seeing several PvP suggestions thread over the past week, but many were solely based on duels. Some had a bit about FFA, and well. Now I have some more for you!

What I want most in FFA is new maps. When I use to play it non stop, I would usually get bored of the maps I played on. For those who don't know, the maps are as of the following:

• Savannah (Land-based)
• Flatlands (Land-based)
• Kingdom (Land-based)
• Classic (Land-based)
• Flowers (Wings)
• Space (Wings)

Although majority of these maps are fun to play on, it does become rather boring when you only have so much.

Kingdoms is an interesting map. But for many people, it's hard on the fps. Unlike quality maps such as Savannah or Flatlands, it's difficult to get the maximum fps (if you placed a cap on it). Kingdom is also (in my opinion) filled with many unnecessary buildings. I find very little people hanging out in them, or fighting in them. Most also just lead to dead ends. Why not replace it with boulders if you want obstacles. The fences that surround the water is also especially annoying. If you want quick escape, it becomes harder. The second tower by the spawn Orc, is also really empty.

Personally I prefer land based maps over wings, especially when they were constantly in rotations. But I've gotten use to it. I don't have much complaints, but I do have several.

In Flowers, the opposite side of the spawn ground is full of obstacle and hills. Why not smooth it out? Also, remove the lake, or something. I've seen so many people abuse it to make their hitboxes much smaller. It's not hard to hit the based of their feet, but they get an unfair advantage. There's also many islands with bridges, but I feel like the center of the map should be cleared out more. Leave a single big island or something. It'll make things more clearer, and probably will let others not constantly die from crashing. Also, top is a bit small considering how many people spawn up there to fight.

For space, the cake is not a really good area to fight since of all the blocks there. But that's pretty much all I have to say about wings.

The rest of the maps, in my opinion are fine as it is. However, I think it would be cool if these maps were changed temporarily to match the holidays? If new maps could be introduced, it would be a super. Since the last update for FFA was like last summer.

Many of the kits in normal FFA are fine. But they would need a little balancing.

Archer- It should receive 1 arrow per hit or 5 arrows upon a kill. It doesn't guarantee that you'll get infinite arrows, but it's better than having none.

Alchemist- I don't remember when the poison potion was changed, but maybe it should last a bit longer. Upon kills, it should receive another minute of speed and strength. Regeneration potion in most cases is pretty useless. Also upon kills, alchemist should be able to receive a single harming potion.

I would say the rest of the kits are fine. As most don't have a finite resource. But in other modes, such as Wings and OP. The kits are VERY unbalanced. In wings, the strongest kit is pretty apparent. The Warrior kit. With the iron chest plate gone from the tank, the single chainmail boot for the ninja, the weak set in general for archer, and the elytra that makes throwing pots difficult. I would say the warrior kit is overpowering in most cases. Personally I don't know how to balance out the kits in this one, besides giving some armor protection 1. In OP, the best kits are either the OP version of warrior and tank. The archers arrows aren't very effective (against these two kits). Especially since it's only power 3. The pots in alchemist don't last long enough. And the ninja dies too quickly. Speed makes aiming extremely hard, not to mention, a single hit drops you a lot. Now combine OP and wings, and you got an extremely weird game mode.

~

So. Besides balancing out the kits, I want all the armor, elytra, and weapons unbreakable. For most, they wouldn't survive to see their armor break or anything break. But in some modes (OP) you usually could. Why have a disadvantage just because you survived this long?

~

New kits would be nice to have. Comment below of what kits you want to see. Remember this is FFA, not duels.

I've seen about two threads talking about the shop. In both I disagreed in removing them. Although you get to obtain better armor and weapons, it's not really worth it. I think the shop was mainly introduced to allow players to replace armor pieces. But this isn't Assassinations. But now, I think it should be removed if the unbreakable armor, weapon, and etc are added. Or leave the bow and arrows there. Read the next section for more compromises.

To start of this section. I'm going to pick up from the last one. People may want the better armor. So I give you a better solution. You can only obtain this armor through getting certain amount of kills. Let's say 50 kills per diamond armor piece? I'm sure there are better ways to do this. Or players can obtain better armor (not diamonds) through kills.

Now, about the golden apples. I'm sure many people wouldn't worry too much. They cost 100 points each. I think it should only be given to players who reach 5-10 killstreaks.

Other games, such as Eggwars and Skywars, have perks. I think perks such as feather falling, strength (upon kill), and speed (upon kill) should be added.

Regeneration should be given to players every time they get a kill. It should last 5 seconds. This should make cleaning harder.

Aside from these. Why not add obtaining exp per kill? FFA is like the only game mode (that I know of) that doesn't give experience.

Spectator mode should be a thing. It'll allow you to watch players more easily. Either to catch them hacking. Or getting a good video. I also don't see how this will really be abused.

Personally I don't have anything in mind. But why not add achievements to PvP? I mean the other gamemodes have some, why not pvp?

@CREAM

Impressive work on the thread
I love these ideas
Keep it up!

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Cubecraft has done enogh damage to maps already.

I'm sure the build team can make handle it well. I mean, it's really a matter of tweaking some builds.

- Also just remember that there are random strings near the house closest to the tower spawn. I've always wondered why to there.

Impressive work on the thread
I love these ideas
Keep it up!
I love those ideas! Good job
Great ideas! I'd love to see these added

+1

A

A pigeon

Idk why they decided to place random string mid air. Unnecessary lag

L

Lepzi

Yes I totally agree, nothing really ever happens to FFA so I'd like for these to be added.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm not sure about players getting armor of gapples for kills. That could make a player pretty much unkillable for inexperienced players. I'd be ok with short term advantages like speed, regen or strength after kills or killstreaks, but nothing that you can keep for a long time.

Otherwise I agree with everything, plus I'd like to have food in the game.

A bug that does not allow you to eat the soup when facing opponents. Making it hard to heal up without quick dropping. Also this is a bug with bows in duels.
Wasn't that fixed? I tried soup PvP a while ago and didn't notice that anymore.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I'm not sure about players getting armor of gapples for kills. That could make a player pretty much unkillable for inexperienced players. I'd be ok with short term advantages like speed, regen or strength after kills or killstreaks, but nothing that you can keep for a long time.

Otherwise I agree with everything, plus I'd like to have food in the game.

Wasn't that fixed? I tried soup PvP a while ago and didn't notice that anymore.

I couldn't care less if gapples were completely removed. They were pretty cool to have, and one of the few things left of the old kit pvp, but it's just not really worth it these days.

I've stated my opinions on having food. It would help give regeneration back after a fight (in some cases). But it does become annoying in some modes where armor is extremely strong. But the main issue you probably have is the constant running. I would have no complaints, besides the cons it has in OP. Maybe making the regeneration after eating more reasonable?

I haven't played in a while, since my laptop has officially retired. But the last time I've played, which was about 2-3 weeks ago, I had difficulty managing to eat the soup. I'm not entirely sure if I was just getting quick dropped, but if the bug is fixed, all the better.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer

• Savannah (Land-based)
• Flatlands (Land-based)
• Kingdom (Land-based)
• Classic (Land-based)
• Flowers (Wings)
• Space (Wings)

~

~

It's dead. It use to have the best FFA community, but now it's the most empty. It's like the Soup Duel. The concept was good, but it has it's fault.

• A bug that does not allow you to eat the soup when facing opponents. Making it hard to heal up without quick dropping. Also this is a bug with bows in duels.

• Strength. If you don't play warrior, you won't be able to take on opponents using warrior.

• /resoup. Pretty much an unknown command, but eh.

My solution. It fits 1.8 better in my opinion. Make it into potion pvp in 1.8 and it'll be successful.

@CREAM
All of them seems interesting, your ideas could make the game more interesting :)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #60-
A jiffy is an actual unit of time, equal to 1/100th of a second.
2 months of facts, WE ALL DID IT! 🎉
I am not sure if I will continue writing facts or quit them, but yay 2 months!
I was tired of searching for facts manually, so I used Chat-gpt today.
I think that I broke chat-gpt-
1000082425.jpg
1000082426.jpg
Reesle wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on Basketman's profile.
Late happy birthday! Hope it was very good! 🎉🏀
yeoxuhang wrote on Basketman's profile.
I'm late but anyway Happy birthday!
Top Bottom