Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Description:
I want to suggest something from which I thought they were working on, but it's taking very long or they aren't working on it at all.

Before the forum was revamped, people with a Java rank also got a rank on the forums. This was removed after the revamp and I thought it was a very nice feature.

What will it look like:
I've seen people who suggested that we should get name colours (@eu5ebio7w7) [Do not necro-post under this thread!], but I find that very messy. So I want kinda the same as staff members have, but without the name colour. I only want the ranks to be visible.
1616500405426.png

Edit: I've been working with some help from @xTypical and made this as an example:
1616512434326.png
1616512922220.png

Turned Lozora back into a member for a sec:
1616522643025.png

You might not like the colours, but that isn't my point. It should be looking like this.

How will it work?
I'm not sure about this part, but I think it should be possible with the passport system. When you link your Java and/or Bedrock account, your rank should appear on the forums as it does in the Cubecraft Discord server.

Why?
- We paid for the rank and back then it was a feature. It's unfair to remove it permanently.
- Plus users were able to use their own plus subforum. (This should also be available for people with a certain VIP level on bedrock).
- The forum background is now a staff feature and I find that unfair. Players should also be able to get these features.
- Basically, all plus features from before the revamp will be possible again. Not only for plus, but also for a certain VIP level. I suggest VIP level 4.

Pro's:
- It's a kind of advertising, so people might see the rank and get interested.
- It's another feature, so people with ranks will be satisfied.

Con's:
- People might find it messy.

What comes with this feature?
- Plus and people with a certain VIP rank will be able to use the plus/Vip louche again.
- People can use the forum background again.
- Your rank will be visible on your profile and on the side of your posts.

Closing word
Thanks for reading my suggestion. I hope this will be implemented soon.
Please leave your opinion under this thread and you're allowed to think along! :p

Cya!

Last edited:

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I think this is a good idea. It where features on the old forums, and I would like to see them back. I think it would not be too messy as it only shows a rank at the side of forums post. It's not a big difference but it's nice to see the rank on the forums. So I hope they'll bring this back again :D

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I think they're still working on this actually, but as they don't have a web-developer it is taking longer than expected.
I agree with your points and it definitely has to come back.
If they don't have a web developer, then shouldn't they open applications for it? I mean, it would be nice to have a web dev 😄

Reactions: Quis

TheSadPotato_

Novice Member
Nov 11, 2020
I fully agree with your idea's, maybe not the that vip rank gets their own lounge, but that's not up to me ;P

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I'm not really sure what's the closest to plus on the bedrock network, but I think something like VIP level 4! ^_^
I think that the problem is that plus a monthly subscription and VIP is just paying enough once. So it'll never be completely fair. But we can't exclude bedrock players of course, so vip 4 sounds reasonable.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that the problem is that plus a monthly subscription and VIP is just paying enough once. So it'll never be completely fair. But we can't exclude bedrock players of course, so vip 4 sounds reasonable.
So maybe it would be fair to also include emerald and obsidian? That way all the "higher" ranks have their own subforum.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
First off, do not necro-post guys!
Thanks for mentioning it! :)
The staff rank does have colored ranks, but sometimes we might confuse ranked players with staff members. So what if we just change the style of staff member’s names like italic, bold, or a bigger name?
No this would be VERY messy. It's okay that they have coloured names, but when ranked people are able to get coloured names, it might become messy because of all the colours.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
That would be great! It definitely would be fair for players who have a rank and I don't really understand why they removed the feature. Hopefully, it will be back soon! :D

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Really nice suggestion Quis! Back then, you could also use gif’s as avatar, but due to performance issues it was removed. I would like to see this as a extra Plus rank feature you could get if you have Plus rank. <— This would also prevent the performance issues again - I think more people would like to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Top Bottom