Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright everyone, bridges duels is currently pretty awful. It was bad, then this new update made it even worse! Firstly the distance to the void appears to have gotten bigger, as it takes noticeably longer to die from void. It affects getting arrows in time from a kill or adds to the time getting back in the game.

Secondly, why are the respawns at the edge of the island???? It’s such a bad idea, anyone can just sit and shoot with pretty much easy kills due to the angle of knockback to the main bridge. It was vastly better when it was in front of the pit, this is just a strange idea that does not work well at all.

Finally on some maps, like temple when you’re waiting for the game to start where you spawn in cage it’s been moved far back. Is there a reason for this? As currently it just makes it slightly longer to get to the enemy’s side and also you can’t see them when you’re in a cage.

The respawns should be put back to where they are in my opinion, it’ll make the game better. And if possible the wait for the void to kill players to be like it used to be.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey! So just want to address your points:

Void killing you slower:
We haven't made any changes to the void, so I can't really comment on that. If you believe it's a bug, you can create a bug report and we'll look into it. But making the respawn now instant, that might fix it; not sure.

Respawn location changes:
Now that respawning is instant, we didn't want the respawn location to be directly in front of the bridge. As this would encourage players just to jump off to get back to the start of their bridge again. Also if you hit someone off, you'll just meet them at the end of the bridge instantly without a cooldown. We now spawn away from the bridge, to avoid this from happening. We don't have any plans on reverting this change, as it benefits the latest respawn timer change, which was highly requested. You won't respawn and get shot off or knocked off instantly, as you still have 5 seconds of spawn protection. Just don't combat a player as you'll lose it; that's enough time to get away from the edge. We also didn't want the respawns to be right in front of the pit, as the spawn block protection stopped players from building, just didn't feel right.

Cage location changes:
We wanted to make the cages now spawn closer to the pit, so players can add defences if they want to. Which is why on Towers or Mesa, you fall out of the cage onto the edge of your pic. Sadly we couldn't do that on Temple, as we didn't want players falling directly into the lava after the game starts. So we moved it just after the lava. This does mean it's the most significant cage change to a map, but you need to remember that the islands are equal and the other players have the same distance to you too.

Hope this makes things clearer :)

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! So just want to address your points:

Void killing you slower:
We haven't made any changes to the void, so I can't really comment on that. If you believe it's a bug, you can create a bug report and we'll look into it. But making the respawn now instant, that might fix it; not sure.

Respawn location changes:
Now that respawning is instant, we didn't want the respawn location to be directly in front of the bridge. As this would encourage players just to jump off to get back to the start of their bridge again. Also if you hit someone off, you'll just meet them at the end of the bridge instantly without a cooldown. We now spawn away from the bridge, to avoid this from happening. We don't have any plans on reverting this change, as it benefits the latest respawn timer change, which was highly requested. You won't respawn and get shot off or knocked off instantly, as you still have 5 seconds of spawn protection. Just don't combat a player as you'll lose it; that's enough time to get away from the edge. We also didn't want the respawns to be right in front of the pit, as the spawn block protection stopped players from building, just didn't feel right.

Cage location changes:
We wanted to make the cages now spawn closer to the pit, so players can add defences if they want to. Which is why on Towers or Mesa, you fall out of the cage onto the edge of your pic. Sadly we couldn't do that on Temple, as we didn't want players falling directly into the lava after the game starts. So we moved it just after the lava. This does mean it's the most significant cage change to a map, but you need to remember that the islands are equal and the other players have the same distance to you too.

Hope this makes things clearer :)
Okie dokie, thank you for the reply it had cleared some stuff up. About the void thing I don’t think it’s a bug as it happens to me and everyone else as well, every game. About the rest, I didn’t think there was a well thought out reason, but I see now that’s pretty decent actually. Still, I feel these changes promote defence a bit more than offence playstyles this time

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
Top Bottom