Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello, let me get straight to the point. The FFA shop is probably one of the worst additions to the game mode itself. No offense, but there's a reason why it's called kit pvp and not shopping pvp. While it does have it's uses (e.g. replacing old gear, or weapons), it's generally not used for those reasons. Getting new armor to replace your broken ones is quite a waste, especially since you can /kill and respawn with a new set. For those attempting to set a huge killstreak, they probably will start with the diamond armor you can purchase.

So what's exactly wrong with the shop?
While it's pretty easy to kill players in diamond armor (assuming this is normal mode, better yet, classic mode), it get's pretty annoying to face players who have armor that is a lot stronger than yours. Especially since the diamond armor is so cheap. 50 points apiece is equivalent to 10 duels, 50 kills on FFA, etc. Point is, the prices of the armor is wayyy to cheap.

Moving onto the golden apple you can purchase, that's also rather annoying. Occasionally you'll have players purchase them, if they don't want to lose their special diamond armor. These golden apples are quite an advantage since it's pretty much impossible for players to regenerate their health quickly enough to handle another fight (unless it's alchemist). 100 points may seem quite a daunting figure, but in reality it's not much.

---
Personally, I rarely use the shop. I wouldn't mind if it was removed, but a better solution would be making the prices of the armor and golden apple a lot higher.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Hello, let me get straight to the point. The FFA shop is probably one of the worst additions to the game mode itself. No offense, but there's a reason why it's called kit pvp and not shopping pvp. While it does have it's uses (e.g. replacing old gear, or weapons), it's generally not used for those reasons. Getting new armor to replace your broken ones is quite a waste, especially since you can /kill and respawn with a new set. For those attempting to set a huge killstreak, they probably will start with the diamond armor you can purchase.

So what's exactly wrong with the shop?
While it's pretty easy to kill players in diamond armor (assuming this is normal mode, better yet, classic mode), it get's pretty annoying to face players who have armor that is a lot stronger than yours. Especially since the diamond armor is so cheap. 50 points apiece is equivalent to 10 duels, 50 kills on FFA, etc. Point is, the prices of the armor is wayyy to cheap.

Moving onto the golden apple you can purchase, that's also rather annoying. Occasionally you'll have players purchase them, if they don't want to lose their special diamond armor. These golden apples are quite an advantage since it's pretty much impossible for players to regenerate their health quickly enough to handle another fight (unless it's alchemist). 100 points may seem quite a daunting figure, but in reality it's not much.

---
Personally, I rarely use the shop. I wouldn't mind if it was removed, but a better solution would be making the prices of the armor and golden apple a lot higher.
I agree, but I do think it should get removed. Maybe your gear should get eventually improved while you get higher killstreaks. For example, swordsman kit, in classic FFA, when you get to a 10 kill killstreak, your boots get changed to iron, 20 kill killstreak, your helmet gets improved to iron and so on. Same thing would happen to swords but with much more kills, maybe you'd have to get a 30 kill killstreak so your sword gets upgraded to diamond (In the swordsman kit). When you die, your armour gets reset and you spawn with the normal armour.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I agree
Maybe there should be a cooldown for purchasing things in the shop so that evrey time a person with items from the shop dies, then they cant buy those items (or cant acess the shop) for a certian amount of time. :)
+1

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I agree, but I do think it should get removed. Maybe your gear should get eventually improved while you get higher killstreaks. For example, swordsman kit, in classic FFA, when you get to a 10 kill killstreak, your boots get changed to iron, 20 kill killstreak, your helmet gets improved to iron and so on. Same thing would happen to swords but with much more kills, maybe you'd have to get a 30 kill killstreak so your sword gets upgraded to diamond (In the swordsman kit). When you die, your armour gets reset and you spawn with the normal armour.

That's an interesting idea actually. Kind of like mixing Assassination and FFA together.
I agree
Maybe there should be a cooldown for purchasing things in the shop so that evrey time a person with items from the shop dies, then they cant buy those items (or cant acess the shop) for a certian amount of time. :)
+1

Not sure how much a time limit will prevent people from constantly buying armor, but I guess it's worth a try

F

Facelurite

R E M O V E. T H E M.

Either that or make shops kit exclusive. Certain kits cannon buy certain things. This way we can add stuff to the shop without it becoming absurdly OP.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
What if they just completely removed the armor and golden apples? :o

The weapons aren't really overpowering, so I think we should keep them.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I don't really have an opinion on this, it's a waste of your points since everyone focus the people who shop.
So you probably die pretty quick.

Reactions: Priley

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I think the shop should be given a unique currency, earned only through FFA. That way if you want to buy some fancy gear, you've actually got to play the game to earn it. You can't just hop on Skywars for a bit, you've got to get literally hundreds of kills.

Reactions: Priley and matcha
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Top Bottom