Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with this suggestion?

• Total voters

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
So, I'm not 100% sure if the main point I am making in this thread has been posted about in the past. But if it has, sorry in advance.

So I used to be a REALLY competitive player in FFA, and still am. Since about a few months ago, I've been having some troubles that I'd like to make apparent on the forums.

By the way, this isn't a part of my suggestion, it's literally just come to me while writing this, but I think it might be cool if players could intentionally reset their stats in game modes. I'm not sure what the reasoning is for this not having been added yet, and assuming it's because a similar suggestion has been denied in the past, I'd like someone to please link it to me in the comments because that would be really helpful for me to understand, thanks! Obviously, this wouldn't be ideal because there are a lot of flaws with it, but maybe just FFA stats because it's a different style of gamemode; it's an ongoing game constantly. Keep in mind, this isn't me being 100% bias here. I have other main games as well, but keep in mind that FFA will almost always have at least one of each of this game mode's maps up at any given time (to my knowledge). I like Skywars too, but I'm assuming someone's already made a suggestion about the other games making the same point in the past and they got denied. Keep in mind though, that FFA is the only constantly-running game. Sure, there are always games of Eggwars, Minerware, and other various games on the network active 24/7, but FFA is the only game where you can actually join in mid-game. Also, even if you "lose", you can still keep playing. It's similar to a progression game in that sense, but there is no "progress". Anyways, I'm getting a little bit sidetracked here.

My main suggestion and reason for this post is how I think it would be very cool if you (as a regular, stone-rank player), could choose which map you would like to join in FFA. I'm near certain someone has suggested this for other game modes, but not specifically for FFA. Here is my reasoning for this suggestion:

I'd like to have the option to join specific maps in FFA if possible. This is not just an issue for me, but other players. It's not that big of an issue, but it would be a nice quality of life change. :)

Whenever I go to join FFA on Bedrock edition (to raise my stats. Keep in mind, I'm a very serious/competitive player in FFA), I go and see this map:
View attachment 186955
For those who don't know this about me (literally everyone), this is one of, if not my least favourite map. I don't know if it's just me who gets this all the time, but for whatever reason, I am ALWAYS put into this map more than half the time I go to play, which is not very pog if you ask me. >:(

When I say I'm a competitive player, I mean I want to always be near 100% every time I enter the battlefield for fear of goofing on my K/D (kills per death) by accident. Sure, I could just go back to the hub and hope for a better map for me and my playstyle upon rejoining, but that's a bit of a pain, and doesn't always work. I'm not saying every player should just get a dedicated map, and I don't think I'm a special exception. Keep in mind though, that's not what I'm suggesting here. But it would be nice to be offered the option to join the map of my choice, should it be open at the time. It would also be ideal to be able to choose the specific lobby with X amount of time until it closes, as this can help me get a higher KS (kill streak) in-game, and make it overall a better experience once I get in the FFA lobby to play.

Additionally, I've also seen a few posts about people suggesting new maps to FFA. I'm sure they are at least in the process of making new maps for it, but I can never be sure. So yeah, I am just acknowledging those posts and how I agree with new map additions to FFA. Don't get me wrong, these maps that we already have are great, but I don't like having to:
1. Rely on hope to get a good map in FFA (which happens less than half the time)
2. Finally find a map that has like 10 minutes left till it closes
3. Join one of 3 or 4 maps that I've always joined before. At least one new map would be nice. Like I said, I'm sure the builders are working hard on making other maps and such, but it'd be really nice to have a new FFA map!
4. Wait on getting a new map, and when I finally do come back to the lobby to check if my ideal map is up yet, it might be, but it's either got sweats, hackers that I've already reported, or like hardly enough time to get an over 50 KS

Thank you for reading this and I will appreciate some helpful feedback from both players and staff members of their opinions with my suggestions!!

As always, good luck, and don't step on Legos!

P.S. Please don't punish me or anything for having a side-point that has already been made as a main point in another post. Also, I'm not 100% sure if this is or isn't supposed to go in the "Beta" category, so just kind of bear with me on that one, thanks! :)

Edit: added poll to post

Last edited:

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
I play FFA as well, and there's a few maps that are always really laggy for me. I completely agree with this suggestion because that way, I won't have to go back to lobby 5 times before I play.

Maybe when you click on the FFA npc, a menu could come up showing all the maps that are open at the moment and how much time is left on each of them, and you could click on the one you want to play.

(I play bedrock btw so idk if this makes sense for java)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex07J

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
On Java only ranked players can pick maps, including FFA, and that isn't going to be changing at all until the server averages ~8k players.

Bedrock wise I totally agree that this could be implemented once map selection in general is added.

Reactions: Alex07J

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
Java wise I think is good as an iron rank feature atm until we reach the 8k goal
And on bedrock in would be fine for everyone to be able to do it or VIP level 1

Reactions: CeleryAskin

DreamFudge

Jun 1, 2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
www.cubecraft.net
So, I'm not 100% sure if the main point I am making in this thread has been posted about in the past. But if it has, sorry in advance.

So I used to be a REALLY competitive player in FFA, and still am. Since about a few months ago, I've been having some troubles that I'd like to make apparent on the forums.

By the way, this isn't a part of my suggestion, it's literally just come to me while writing this, but I think it might be cool if players could intentionally reset their stats in game modes. I'm not sure what the reasoning is for this not having been added yet, and assuming it's because a similar suggestion has been denied in the past, I'd like someone to please link it to me in the comments because that would be really helpful for me to understand, thanks! Obviously, this wouldn't be ideal because there are a lot of flaws with it, but maybe just FFA stats because it's a different style of gamemode; it's an ongoing game constantly. Keep in mind, this isn't me being 100% bias here. I have other main games as well, but keep in mind that FFA will almost always have at least one of each of this game mode's maps up at any given time (to my knowledge). I like Skywars too, but I'm assuming someone's already made a suggestion about the other games making the same point in the past and they got denied. Keep in mind though, that FFA is the only constantly-running game. Sure, there are always games of Eggwars, Minerware, and other various games on the network active 24/7, but FFA is the only game where you can actually join in mid-game. Also, even if you "lose", you can still keep playing. It's similar to a progression game in that sense, but there is no "progress". Anyways, I'm getting a little bit sidetracked here.

My main suggestion and reason for this post is how I think it would be very cool if you (as a regular, stone-rank player), could choose which map you would like to join in FFA. I'm near certain someone has suggested this for other game modes, but not specifically for FFA. Here is my reasoning for this suggestion:

I'd like to have the option to join specific maps in FFA if possible. This is not just an issue for me, but other players. It's not that big of an issue, but it would be a nice quality of life change. :)

Whenever I go to join FFA on Bedrock edition (to raise my stats. Keep in mind, I'm a very serious/competitive player in FFA), I go and see this map:
View attachment 186955
For those who don't know this about me (literally everyone), this is one of, if not my least favourite map. I don't know if it's just me who gets this all the time, but for whatever reason, I am ALWAYS put into this map more than half the time I go to play, which is not very pog if you ask me. >:(

When I say I'm a competitive player, I mean I want to always be near 100% every time I enter the battlefield for fear of goofing on my K/D (kills per death) by accident. Sure, I could just go back to the hub and hope for a better map for me and my playstyle upon rejoining, but that's a bit of a pain, and doesn't always work. I'm not saying every player should just get a dedicated map, and I don't think I'm a special exception. Keep in mind though, that's not what I'm suggesting here. But it would be nice to be offered the option to join the map of my choice, should it be open at the time. It would also be ideal to be able to choose the specific lobby with X amount of time until it closes, as this can help me get a higher KS (kill streak) in-game, and make it overall a better experience once I get in the FFA lobby to play.

Additionally, I've also seen a few posts about people suggesting new maps to FFA. I'm sure they are at least in the process of making new maps for it, but I can never be sure. So yeah, I am just acknowledging those posts and how I agree with new map additions to FFA. Don't get me wrong, these maps that we already have are great, but I don't like having to:
1. Rely on hope to get a good map in FFA (which happens less than half the time)
2. Finally find a map that has like 10 minutes left till it closes
3. Join one of 3 or 4 maps that I've always joined before. At least one new map would be nice. Like I said, I'm sure the builders are working hard on making other maps and such, but it'd be really nice to have a new FFA map!
4. Wait on getting a new map, and when I finally do come back to the lobby to check if my ideal map is up yet, it might be, but it's either got sweats, hackers that I've already reported, or like hardly enough time to get an over 50 KS

Thank you for reading this and I will appreciate some helpful feedback from both players and staff members of their opinions with my suggestions!!

As always, good luck, and don't step on Legos!

P.S. Please don't punish me or anything for having a side-point that has already been made as a main point in another post. Also, I'm not 100% sure if this is or isn't supposed to go in the "Beta" category, so just kind of bear with me on that one, thanks! :)

Edit: added poll to post
Good idea. Hope it gets added I would like to choose my maps too.

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
1613746799320.png
@GiGaGekkies, would you mind please sharing your thoughts on why you disagree with my suggestion?

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
Choosing maps in any game is a feature for people who own a rank, and is probably going to stay this way. Also I don't think it's a good idea to make map-choosing available for everyone only in one specific game.
If you really dislike the map, you can just leave and rejoin, there shouldn't be a big chance you get the same one.
-----------------
To the reset stats thing; I understand that some people want to reset their stats for various reasons, but I'm a bit worried about people getting their stats wiped accidentaly or unwillingly. Say for example your friend, or maybe little brother that has access to your computer somehow manages to reset the stats.
However this could be fixed by giving the player the ability to reobtain the old stats somehow, that brings up other issues though.

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Also I don't think it's a good idea to make map-choosing available for everyone only in one specific game.
I can see why you'd think that, but keep in mind FFA is different from the rest of the games, as it's constantly running. I think ParkourCanadian said it better than me:
Keep in mind though, that FFA is the only constantly-running game. Sure, there are always games of Eggwars, Minerware, and other various games on the network active 24/7, but FFA is the only game where you can actually join in mid-game. Also, even if you "lose", you can still keep playing. It's similar to a progression game in that sense, but there is no "progress".
So if the player could see all active maps at the same time, they could easily choose which one they want to go to. They would've gotten that map anyway if they just went to lobby a few times - if this was implemented, it'd just make finding a game easier for the player.

On a side note, I play bedrock and we don't have map choosing at all, so I think it would make sense on bedrock at least to make this available to everyone.

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
Choosing maps in any game is a feature for people who own a rank, and is probably going to stay this way. Also I don't think it's a good idea to make map-choosing available for everyone only in one specific game.
If you really dislike the map, you can just leave and rejoin, there shouldn't be a big chance you get the same one.
-----------------
To the reset stats thing; I understand that some people want to reset their stats for various reasons, but I'm a bit worried about people getting their stats wiped accidentaly or unwillingly. Say for example your friend, or maybe little brother that has access to your computer somehow manages to reset the stats.
However this could be fixed by giving the player the ability to reobtain the old stats somehow, that brings up other issues though.
I've thought about the second bit here, and I had the same concern. If there's a way that you can maybe have a secret save of it just in case that happens? I don't think having multiple profiles for just FFA would be a good idea, but I think there has to be some sort of a fallback. Maybe to save space, the server could have a save of all the stats you have for say, 30 days, and if you rejoin you will get a notification. You can maybe also get a forum notification or Discord notification asking for verification of whether you want to wipe your stats.

Reactions: Exarpo

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
I can see why you'd think that, but keep in mind FFA is different from the rest of the games, as it's constantly running. I think ParkourCanadian said it better than me:

So if the player could see all active maps at the same time, they could easily choose which one they want to go to. They would've gotten that map anyway if they just went to lobby a few times - if this was implemented, it'd just make finding a game easier for the player.

On a side note, I play bedrock and we don't have map choosing at all, so I think it would make sense on bedrock at least to make this available to everyone.
This was my main point. I play on bedrock mostly, but it was short-sighted of me to assume Java didn't have this feature as well. Although, I'm just a stone rank, so I wouldn't be as likely to know this information.

Top Bottom