Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
2020-08-17_17.37.52 copy.jpg

Hello! As today is my 1 year anniversary on the forums I wanted to make this map, This map was designed to have a lot of flay pvp space while still looking interesting, to achieve this a large amount of the chess board is left empty. I see ffa a a very simple game, you need to out pvp your opponents and terrain shouldn't get in the way of this. Dont worry! there are massive chess pieces as well as a jungle like terrain surrounding the board to keep it fun and interesting.

Now for the info, the chess board is 122x122, there are 6 separate spawn points and plenty of easter eggs and secrets scattered around (including some parkour and an invisible maze :0)

Ok, so now for the pictures!
2020-08-17_17.34.34 copy.png

2020-08-17_17.35.12 copy.png

2020-08-17_17.35.27.png

2020-08-17_17.36.00.png
If you want to see the map for your self follow these steps:
1) Join mc.buildersrefuge.com
2) do /warp plot500
3) do /plot tp ItzEnd3r 10
4) enjoy!!!

(if this is against the rules tell me and ill remove it)

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
Sorry but i think no, its way to flat and kinda looks like it would get boring fast, Also the chest board looks like it was just world edited onto another map. it doesnt blend well and most of it is just floating.

Reactions: FireExcalibur10

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Sorry but i think no, its way to flat and kinda looks like it would get boring fast, Also the chest board looks like it was just world edited onto another map. it doesnt blend well and most of it is just floating.
the purpose of the map was to prevent the terrain from getting in the way of pvp, but i respect your opinion

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I like it, however I feel like lowering those hills would make people play on the terrain more. Like if you can have fair PvP in one spot but just knocking people down in another then people will only play on the board. +1

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I like it, however I feel like lowering those hills would make people play on the terrain more. Like if you can have fair PvP in one spot but just knocking people down in another then people will only play on the board. +1
i tried to make it difficult to leave the board and flats around it so that people cant just run for ages, but i could consider that

Reactions: Technosword

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
this looks like a map id go out of my way to avoid. Its just a big chessboard - too plain, too plane, looks aesthetically boring as well. I wouldnt play on this.

Even today I tend to avoid Canals, Mirage and Kingdom, I dont want another map to dislike.

Reactions: FireExcalibur10

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
The elevated terrain looks very polygonal btw, the green has no eye candy as well. Even Canals, the map I inherently dislike, is visually good-looking

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
this looks like a map id go out of my way to avoid. Its just a big chessboard - too plain, too plane, looks aesthetically boring as well. I wouldnt play on this.

Even today I tend to avoid Canals, Mirage and Kingdom, I dont want another map to dislike.
The elevated terrain looks very polygonal btw, the green has no eye candy as well. Even Canals, the map I inherently dislike, is visually good-looking
I respect your opinion but as i have said many times before, the purpose of the map is do be just that, flat. Every other map has terrain and stuff that gets in the way of pvp and thats why some of my favorite maps are ones like oilrig which give you massive amounts of flat space to pvp on.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!
I think that its great, the problem is thatI but think that its very simple, I would add a little more relief and details.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I respect your opinion but as i have said many times before, the purpose of the map is do be just that, flat. Every other map has terrain and stuff that gets in the way of pvp and thats why some of my favorite maps are ones like oilrig which give you massive amounts of flat space to pvp on.
But oilrig fulfills many more purposes
  • The players are spread across the whole map, which isnt something seen in maps like Mirage
  • It fulfills aesthetics
  • It gives a whole new experience on FFA - knocking people off. FFA has gone from running around the map with Beast and Warrior kit to using the samurai, parkouring across the map and hitting people off.
  • It also is, the only ‘vertical’ map.
May I offer a suggestion-

Andy’s Toy Room from toy story - that way you can keep the chess board and incorporate many other unique things like windowsills, train sets, etc. It could be like the fight scene between Ant Man and Yellowjacket.

Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
But oilrig fulfills many more purposes
  • The players are spread across the whole map, which isnt something seen in maps like Mirage
  • It fulfills aesthetics
  • It gives a whole new experience on FFA - knocking people off. FFA has gone from running around the map with Beast and Warrior kit to using the samurai, parkouring across the map and hitting people off.
  • It also is, the only ‘vertical’ map.
May I offer a suggestion-

Andy’s Toy Room from toy story - that way you can keep the chess board and incorporate many other unique things like windowsills, train sets, etc. It could be like the fight scene between Ant Man and Yellowjacket.
its the wasp but I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom