Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Total voters

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
cc_bar_486254100000.png

Hello! I am here with a new FFA chat suggestion. We all well know how toxic FFA chat can be. Today, I am suggesting the ability to toggle chat in FFA so you don't have to witness all of the horrid toxicity. I will provide pictures as visualization for my idea.

So here is what the FFA hotbar looks like when you join or re spawn.
2020-03-11_21.56.43.png

Here is what I am suggesting it to look like.
2020-03-11_22.01.05.png

Ok, say you want to turn on/off your FFA chat.
You hit the Chat settings item and it gives you a menu like so:

2020-03-11_22.13.13.png

The green option represents the turn on chat function, and the red option represents the turn off chat function.

Thanks!

Tag: @Eli

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
This is a very good, short yet well explained suggestion! I sometimes see myself turning of the chat because it’s just so toxic, people are arguing and saying toxic words to each other. The thing is when you turn of your chat via the settings, you won’t be able to type any commands (e.g /kill /lobby). I think that this would be a solution for that problem. You should still be able to see the kill messages and you should also still be able to type commands, then I think that this should get added.

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Will the kill messages still be visible when you turn this option on?

I would say yes, but typically when you turn off chat you won’t see anything, not even kill messages. I don’t understand what the point of seeing the kill messages is anyways.

Rodeappel

Apr 2, 2017
I would say yes, but typically when you turn off chat you won’t see anything, not even kill messages. I don’t understand what the point of seeing the kill messages is anyways.
So you can see if a player has been killed or not.

How do you solve this: If someone turned the chat off and they try to send a message you should maybe see a message like: Unable to send message. Turn the chat on by clicking on the repeater in the lobby.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a very good, short yet well explained suggestion! I sometimes see myself turning of the chat because it’s just so toxic, people are arguing and saying toxic words to each other. The thing is when you turn of your chat via the settings, you won’t be able to type any commands (e.g /kill /lobby). I think that this would be a solution for that problem. You should still be able to see the kill messages and you should also still be able to type commands, then I think that this should get added.
You can change your Minecraft chat settings to commands only ;)
I'm not sure if they should add this, since this is already a Minecraft setting. Although it would be nice because you don't have to turn on/off your chat every time you switch to another gamemode.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
i dont know if is posible to remove the chat, but yes, is usefull also if you are getting anoyed by all the death messages

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Since Minecraft has this feature built into itself, we should try and spin it to be a bit better and more unique.

I suggest that the entire chat becomes disabled apart from the following:
  • Friend private & public messages
  • All kill messages (although this should be toggle able too)
  • Friend network join messages
  • Party invites & party chat
  • Staff messages
Additionally I think every 20 minutes you have it disabled it should post a message in chat saying
Your chat is disabled. Re-enable it in the settings!

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Since Minecraft has this feature built into itself, we should try and spin it to be a bit better and more unique.

I suggest that the entire chat becomes disabled apart from the following:
  • Friend private & public messages
  • All kill messages (although this should be toggle able too)
  • Friend network join messages
  • Party invites & party chat
  • Staff messages
Additionally I think every 20 minutes you have it disabled it should post a message in chat saying
Your chat is disabled. Re-enable it in the settings!
being able to choose which ones you want to remove will help

Reactions: YesEggs
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom