Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoodleGoddess

Apr 30, 2020
Australia
Thought I'll add my two cents regarding the situation as it seems Designers were mentioned throughout the discussion. If you reckon to mention Designers in a translator argument are irrelevant, keep scrolling mate.

I initially worked for Cube since February, but only got acknowledged officially as a designer on April 30th 2020. For that period, I worked behind the scenes and did not receive acknowledgement/ranks because I didn't know I could receive it. I assumed I would only be working behind closed doors and only accepted it because I did not come from a background of playing Cube before I was hired. I was essentially isolated from the team because I never knew I had a chance to talk to them and develop the friendships I have now with them, including the translators.

Now imagine you have worked behind the scenes for Cube coming FROM a player background (which I believe is the majority of the translators, especially the ones I have met), and haven't received acknowledgement for your work. Sure, some can live with it. But others can also feel isolated within their work and unappreciated. Motivation is a powerful tool and having the rank allows them to be a part of the team, a team that I once never knew I could be a part of, even if I already had a role in Cubecraft.

The work of Elenahh and her team is to benefit the server and overall make Cubecraft an enjoyable place for players, just as must as I do as a Designer. I make skins, they get to translate and directly talk to the player base. I'd argue their efforts go further than my own.

But nevertheless, I reckon looking at numbers to say there are "too many" and arguing an over-saturation of staff numbers is an odd way to give feedback to the overall Cubecraft team. We're happy to be at our current numbers and had recent members coming in over 2020. Personally want to see more growth in the Cube Staff Family come 2021. 😍:cube_dark:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I don't believe this being said somewhere in the initial post?
I think Remi said, somewhere, that Designers are different from Translator because they are paid, and because of that they do deserve the rank. That is what I was replying to.

Well yes, but I think it's safe to assume that it is easier to do so with using ranks.
Not at all.

But that's not needed to bring up? It's about the translator rank. Not about the other, the existence of similar situations is irrelevant...
It's perfectly relevant. Ever since the rank was added to the staff team, people have been against it even though the same people are fine with the Designer and Developer rank.

This isn't hate towards Translator? It's on the essence of the translation rank itself. And that it has been giving to fast for action that in his eyes don't seem worthy of the translation rank. In way do we hate/dislike the players that have been granted the rank
The entire post is about how Translators don't do enough work, or their work isn't good enough to make this rank justified. The point that it has been "given too fast" is a totally different discussion as that is about the recruitment process - not the existence of the rank in itself.

It's always good to give dedicated individuals recognition and more responsibilities for what they do.

Majksa

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Czechia
Also one of the reasons Translator staff is needed, is that they are trustworthy translators. As Marieke pointed out, mods can rely on their translations. It makes communication much faster. Translator staff also help in #staff-help for questions related to the translation team or for questions, which are not in English.

Reactions: xHappyMood

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Where did I say I feel this way? It was literally a question because in essence they don't need it as well, just like translator in your opinion. Don't say I feel in a way while I don't, thank you very much.
You asked me what's the use of the designer rank and liked the post by Riley that I quoted below, so I assumed that you didn't see the designer rank as a useful rank. However, this may have been a misconception from my side so if that is the case, I apologize to you.
We simply don't. Feedback threads are almost always created by a Design Manager. Designers don't need a rank to take feedback. It's simply a rank to show our contribution towards the server, same as with Translator.
Because they both don't necessarily need the rank. While should we remove Translator and keep Designers? They're both a way of showing gratitude.
Ranks are not all about perms. There are plenty of workarounds.
Erghm, no? I'm making a comparison to a similar situation? There is a reason to bring this up, the fact that they are both not needed. I'm using it as an example.
Anyhow, I honestly could not care less about the designer and the developer rank so do whatever you want with those ranks, I've come to discuss about the translator rank and got too carried away in the discussion about designers and developers. This entire discussion draws away attention from my actual point, so let's just quit the unimportant discussion about whether the translator role is similar to designers/developer or not. I'd rather hear your opinion on the actual subject of the thread.

Reactions: xHappyMood
D

Deleted member 492126

Anyhow, I honestly could not care less about the designer and the developer rank so do whatever you want with those
Our point is, if you don't care about the designer rank, then why do you care so much about the translator rank? Technically none of these ranks are needed, but they were added to aknowledge their work

If the translator rank was added in 2014 and the designer rank was added in 2020, I bet people would be complaining about the designer rank being useless, since you don't need a rank to create skins or maps

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
It's perfectly relevant. Ever since the rank was added to the staff team, people have been against it even though the same people are fine with the Designer and Developer rank.
It is not relevant, this thread is about Translator rank and not Designer and Developer. I'll make one about those two if that's what you want 🤷‍♂️
The entire post is about how Translators don't do enough work, or their work isn't good enough to make this rank justified.
The post is NOT about translators not doing enough work, but about people with Translator rank not doing that much different things compared to translators without the rank. The point of the post is to say that the people that get translator rank and aren't translations manager don't do very different things to 'normal' translators. They might work more, but they do exactly the same thing as others (or at least as far as that's visible to non-translators).

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Translator rank not doing that much different things compared to translators without the rank.
Translators are part of Team CubeCraft Games - they have their own unique contribution and their efforts help improve content on all our server platforms. In the future, Translator staff will be signing contracts and receiving access to special projects that bring our server profit. To be able to allow that, we need people who have managed to develop high quality translation capabilities and are more trustworthy than the average Translation Team member.

This, obviously, is done through loads of contributions and practice.
Obviously, the more Translator staff, the greater variety of languages and more opportunities for us. Obviously, the more work and time people spend, the more we expand in translator staff.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Translators are part of Team CubeCraft Games - they have their own unique contribution and their efforts help improve content on all our server platforms. In the future, Translator staff will be signing contracts and receiving access to special projects that bring our server profit. To be able to allow that, we need people who have managed to develop high quality translation capabilities and are more trustworthy than the average Translation Team member.

This, obviously, is done through loads of contributions and practice.
Obviously, the more Translator staff, the greater variety of languages and more opportunities for us. Obviously, the more work and time people spend, the more we expand in translator staff.
See this is something useful, now someone has explained why the translator rank IS useful, instead of people starting about other ranks and things that are COMPLETELY irrelevant. (Also I said "as far as that's visible to non-translators" 😄)

Reactions: remio

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
See this is something useful, now someone has explained why the translator rank IS useful, instead of people starting about other ranks and things that are COMPLETELY irrelevant.
She clearly said "in the future". So according to your logic, the rank would still be useless in its current state.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
She clearly said "in the future". So according to your logic, the rank would still be useless in its current state.
At least she's given a point why it is/will be useful instead of starting about something that's just as irrelevant as starting about why it rains would be.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
At least she's given a point why it is/will be useful instead of starting about something that's just as irrelevant as starting about why it rains would be.
That makes no sense. We were talking about ranks that are incredibly similar to Translator, not the weather. We didn't deviate from the topic at all. And we still haven't gotten any proper arguments as to why other ranks are irrelevant

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
That makes no sense. We were talking about ranks that are incredibly similar to Translator, not the weather. We didn't deviate from the topic at all. And we still haven't gotten any proper arguments as to why other ranks are irrelevant
I told you already, if you want me to make a similar thread about designer and developer rank, please tell me.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
You are free to do so, but we would all still be against it for previously mentioned reasons.
The only reason you mentioned why translator rank is necessary was that developer rank and designer rank also exist. That's not having a discussion about something, that is trying to distract people from the original topic because you don't know any arguments with which you could win the discussion and therefore start about something random to distract. If you don't have valid arguments, why respond?

Majksa

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Czechia
See this is something useful, now someone has explained why the translator rank IS useful, instead of people starting about other ranks and things that are COMPLETELY irrelevant. (Also I said "as far as that's visible to non-translators" 😄)
What about Marieke's comments about helping Mods? Or mine helping non-English speaking people in #staff-help?

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
What about Marieke's comments about helping Mods? Or mine helping non-English speaking people in #staff-help?
Helping mods and people in staff-help can also be done without a rank. Over time you will most certainly discover which translators are trustworthy and you don't need a rank for that.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I told you already, if you want me to make a similar thread about designer and developer rank, please tell me.
With or without the special projects, you guys calling the rank unnecessary would simply not defeat the tens of pros we have to have Team CubeCraft. Lots of things may not be necessary on this world - but they make things significantly better in its own unique way.

Reactions: Priley

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
By the way I want to make clear that I most certainly respect the work the translations team has done, they're amazing. I just don't like how some people start about something else that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject, when the thread actually has a point.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The only reason you mentioned why translator rank is necessary was that developer rank and designer rank also exist. That's not having a discussion about something, that is trying to distract people from the original topic because you don't know any arguments with which you could win the discussion and therefore start about something random to distract. If you don't have valid arguments, why respond?
I strongly suggest you read everything before saying such random stuff. I never said the rank should only exist because other ranks exist, but people don't care about Designer rank at all, but Translator is a huge issue for some odd reason.

All these sorts of ranks show people's contributions and dedication towards the server. They show the player base that there are people behind the scenes working for the team. Players with these ranks become part of team CubeCraft. Translators will in the future, hopefully, move to other platforms like all our different websites, the Marketplace and so on which makes them a vital part of the team. Just like Designers.

Are you guys against the rank, against the recruitment process of the rank, or against the people that get the rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom