1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evidence of Hacking and Teaming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlexE345, Aug 17, 2016.

1. AlexE345

AlexE345 Member

I believe that screenshots should be allowed as proof of evidence. It is really unfair that if someone can not record the hacking or teaming, their screenshots do not count. On other servers, screenshots are allowed. And, if you wish to not allow screenshots as valid evidence, I understand that. I do think though that if a screenshot is posted, a mod that is online (on forums or the game) should follow the suspect with the /vanish command and see it for themselves that the person is hacking. It is not fun to have hackers in every game. I have seen about 5 hackers in 3 hours, and that about the same as the amount of hackers I have seen for the 2-3 months I have played on this server. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

2. awesomebutter234

awesomebutter234 Member

Staff have lives, they can't go babysitting people for what might be false evidence since screenshots don't really tell much. You can record hacking or teaming. If somebody was not hacking and you took constant screenshots you could modify the screenshot to make it look like hacks.

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
  4. Tqnkz

Tqnkz Member

5. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    Please don't necropost. That doesn't add anything to the thread ;)

6. dontbossme

dontbossme Member

Pokemon Master
    We don't want another staff member leaving because he was reporting people falsely...

7. LilNugget

LilNugget Helper Staff Member Helper

Countless threads about this, and all turned down. You have to understand that CubeCraft does not want to ban anyone that is not guilty. Videos are the only real way to make sure you aren't making a mistake by banning someone from a report.

8. Unstitched

Unstitched Member

Time for another stitchy opinion'

The reason video evidence is required is to both prove the evidence is valid and hasn't been faked through client mods or the like, and also to enable the staff team to see every good second of evidence. For example, you can't exactly capture speed in screenshots or else it'll just look like screenshots taken at different times. We already often have to watch some pieces of evidence for a while in order to determine whether or not it's truly hacks, or infact a matter of lag and a worrying article of evidence. Even with video evidence we may sometimes ban someone incorrectly every once in a while which is why the shorter initial punishments for hacking is great.

On your point about getting staff to "validate" screenshot reports by stalking them in vanish, reports are often made long after the player has left or the event has happened. If a player is offline we can't spend our time following them into games to see if they misbehave again. With the staff team having to do multiple pages of reports at a time, it's much easier for us to watch a short clip of hacks or teaming than to go in-game.

9. insertname9233

insertname9233 Member

just download obs, thats what i use to get evidence

10. xTeleMegax

xTeleMegax Member

Home Page:
    Screenshots are easily faked so they won't be accepted as evidence.