More translate in the server?

• Yes :)

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No :(

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Mar 3, 2018
Netherlands
Hey all! I regularly visit CubeCraft to play the mini-games. There are many visitors in the servers of CubeCraft and that is great! Many of these visitors are very young and come from other countries where English is not spoken. In This post I have some points which might work more effectively to get even more visitors.

I own the languages Dutch and English. In addition, I do a training for the French and English language to master. My memories of CubeCraft in the past were that the best trick is to sometimes understand the instructing of the reactions of other English speaking players. Now that I am 17 I manage the language well so that problem is solved. But for the youngsters Dutch/French/German visitors there is little to no translations of language options.

I understand that it is very difficult to translate everything well. But to create an ultimate gaming experience for even more young players, it seems useful to me if CubeCraft continues on the options that are now made. Even more translating into other languages to allow even more international visitors to enjoy CubeCraft.

And this is also about the website. It is a huge amount of work that I can tell from my own experience. But you'll finally get even more driven players who visit CubeCraft more often. And surely that is what you want? There is a lot of time and work in it, so it becomes more fun for international guests in the server. I am very much in favour of this because it makes the server even more beautiful in the field of languages. I would like to work with it myself. But this is all from my perspective. I like to hear how you see it.

Also don't forget to vote on the poll!

Thanks for reading! :D

Mar 3, 2018
Netherlands
They need someone to translate the whole server
Not to mention the minority of people on Cubecraft who speak some of these languages

You are definitely right there. But to make it as pleasant as possible for everyone, I think it is a good option. Even though it is a lot of effort, work and time. The result will finally be there.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
You are definitely right there. But to make it as pleasant as possible for everyone, I think it is a good option. Even though it is a lot of effort, work and time. The result will finally be there.
Feel free to translate the rules to whatever language you please but it is unlikely they will be able to learn a whole new language just for thst

D

Deleted member 100818

I understand your point here, but the 3 main languages are English, Dutch and Spanish, which they translated as a sign of internationality to their players 9and a bit of love to the Dutch and Spanish supporters).
I've seen some people from Poland, Arabia and lots more countries. It's not impossible to translate it, but it would take an idiot amount of time to do that. Time they could spend on updates, new maps and fixing bugs. When they first translated all the Spanish and all the Dutch things, a few moderators did that so why not again? Because there are no Arabic or Polish mods. So then they have to use google translate which does 25% of the work because the grammar would be so bad that you could better not even translate it. It wouldn't be a bad idea if they made a language update once in a while but spending so much time on it wouldn't be worth it.

Reactions: GewoonTometjuh
Mar 3, 2018
Netherlands
I understand your point here, but the 3 main languages are English, Dutch and Spanish, which they translated as a sign of internationality to their players 9and a bit of love to the Dutch and Spanish supporters).
I've seen some people from Poland, Arabia and lots more countries. It's not impossible to translate it, but it would take an idiot amount of time to do that. Time they could spend on updates, new maps and fixing bugs. When they first translated all the Spanish and all the Dutch things, a few moderators did that so why not again? Because there are no Arabic or Polish mods. So then they have to use google translate which does 25% of the work because the grammar would be so bad that you could better nog even translate it. It wouldn't be a bad idea if they made a language update once in a while but spending so much time on it wouldn't be worth it.
Super Nice to read your comment. It is true there will always be languages which in one way or another is not easy to translate. I respect that too. But you now have 3 languages in the server. English, Spanish, Dutch. Unfortunately, the Dutch language is not optimized. And that's a missed opportunity in my respect. Don't you think? Because there are only a few reports that are actually translated. More than 75% is not translated or not supported. Surely that could be better? Then I am talking only about the 3 main languages.

D

Deleted member 100818

Super Nice to read your comment. It is true there will always be languages which in one way or another is not easy to translate. I respect that too. But you now have 3 languages in the server. English, Spanish, Dutch. Unfortunately, the Dutch language is not optimized. And that's a missed opportunity in my respect. Don't you think? Because there are only a few reports that are actually translated. More than 75% is not translated or not supported. Surely that could be better? Then I am talking only about the 3 main languages.

I've never noticed that it's not fully optimised, if that's the case they could give it more attention.
I don't know if it's the same for the Spanish language, if so they could make a language update.

Mar 3, 2018
Netherlands
I've never noticed that it's not fully optimised, if that's the case they could give it more attention.
I don't know if it's the same for the Spanish language, if so they could make a language update.
And what do you think of the aspect of the website? Should it also have a function that the most important messages can be displayed in Spanish/Dutch/English?

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
I’d say that the translation (of perhaps just one language) should be done over a longer period of time. That way it won’t interfere with other staff duties as much, and then perhaps it should be released in a translation update. If it proves to be worth it, they can continue with it, but I myself wouldn’t see it as one of the main focuses.

Sailor_Rabbit

Oct 5, 2016
I am pretty sure that we can make player-to-developer hour-sessions, so that players whom speak other languages can translate it.
And the players can probably get something cute like a Custom-Miniature, for the language that they've translated.

So if I know Hebrew, I can just scream to the ones who are responsible for the translations, and say "Hey! it's like this and this and this!"

Mar 3, 2018
Netherlands
I am pretty sure that we can make player-to-developer hour-sessions, so that players whom speak other languages can translate it.
And the players can probably get something cute like a Custom-Miniature, for the language that they've translated.

So if I know Hebrew, I can just scream to the ones who are responsible for the translations, and say "Hey! it's like this and this and this!"
Sounds great!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom