Votes: 42 87.5%

• Total voters

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
So, it's their fault that they can't speak another language? That's ridiculous. CubeCraft welcomes all languages, not just English, Dutch, and Spanish. Russian, Latin, German, whatever you speak, is allowed. People can't be punished for what they speak. Who cares if you see a bit of another language that you don't know in chat? In my opinion, it's completely rude and disrespectful to all other people who can speak languages other than the three listed. You insulted them, basically. That was rude. Now, I doubt this will happen. So maybe you shouldn't post things like this. -1 vote, from me.

Reactions: PerryJ
D

Deleted member 169486

Additional explanation edited in) The screenshot above is one region where the game is hosted. That server happens to cater toward English speakers only. Other regions host the same game and cater to different players. For example, the game is also hosted in Japan, Korea, Europe, Vietnam, and Latin America. Therefore, other servers can be set up to cater toward the other players.
So they should make a whole new server for the hundreds of languages spoken around the world?

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Title says above. Tired of chat being cluttered up with a bunch of languages mixed up in public chat? This is for you.

**NOTE** I got approval from a staff member on staff-help that this suggestion is allowed.

Suggestion
As title says, limit the public chat to either English only or English, Dutch, and Spanish only. That means all other languages are not permitted to be said on public chat.

Reasoning: the server is mainly geared toward English/Dutch/Spanish-speaking players. There are many servers geared to different audiences just as we are geared toward these 3 audiences. We already have this on the discord server where only 3 language channels are permitted (English, Spanish, Dutch).

This does NOT apply to private chat. Private chat includes PMs, party, team chat, and local freebuild chat (on your plot). This applies only to global and lobby chat (e.g. solo game chat, lobbies, etc.).

It can't be reported but suggestion for the punishment system:

-First 3 instances: warnings
-Repeating instances: 1 hour mute. Eventually becomes 1 day mute.

Frequent Responses
1. "This is a form of discrimination."
-No, this is not. An example here (2nd automated message) from a different game has a rule in place that prohibits non-English chat in public chats. Below says that "war and leader chats...must be in English," both of these chats being public chats. The reasoning is the same as what it is in the suggestion: the game gears toward English-speaking players and many servers of the same game cater toward different audiences.

View attachment 136722

(Additional explanation edited in) The screenshot above is one region where the game is hosted. That server happens to cater toward English speakers only. Other regions host the same game and cater to different players. For example, the game is also hosted in Japan, Korea, Europe, Vietnam, and Latin America. Therefore, other servers can be set up to cater toward the other players.
No.
This would actually make players leave.

Reactions: MimicPanda

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
There's already some encouragement from Staff and actual players to only speak English in some places. The forums is a great example where most people speak English. Updates and news are written in English, to become staff you need to be able to speak English. So that some players encourage others to speak English for example on the forums is pretty understandable. But to actually punish players for not being able to speak English is simply too much.
Like if you can't handle people speaking Russian or Chinese just turn off the chat. If you want a chat where people only speak English then try suggesting multiple chat channels to Cubecraft like their discord has. So there could be Public Chat, English Chat, Spanish Chat and Dutch Chat. <- This would require more Moderation but it would also make the chat quite cleaner.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Sure throw a vast majority of the community out the window
NO
People are allowed to speak in any languages they want
Muting them for speaking Chinese?
Not only is that somewhat racist but it is also just genuinely saying you can't talk in chat unless you know 1 of those 3 languages

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Why even make a thread about this? Just let people be and don't read the chat if it bother you

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
That is why I put "not reportable."
If it's not reportable, why make it punishable?
IMG_4806.PNG

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I can understand the first option, but what's the point of the second, allowing English, Spanish and Dutch. I don't think there are many players that speak all three of those, so there would still be some messages they don't understand. For me, it doesn't matter if a message is in spanish or french.

D

Deleted member 169486

That's how the game I play does it to make it non-discriminatory, thus suitable for players without any complaints.
There are currently about 7000 languages spoken around the world. Should cubecraft host 7000 servers so that people who speak english don't have to 'deal' with speak people who speak Indian for example?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
There are currently about 7000 languages spoken around the world. Should cubecraft host 7000 servers so that people who speak english don't have to 'deal' with speak people who speak Indian for example?
They're not restricted from speaking their language on the private chats. They still have that option.

Here's how my example divided the European version of the game. Instead of all in 1 server, it's split into many servers that cater to specific players, hence the rule over there regarding restricting languages. You don't have to create too many servers. Better yet, lightly enforce the rule.
upload_2017-8-24_7-43-24.png

upload_2017-8-24_7-47-9.png

I edited the response in the OP to include a guild system as a 2nd option. Again, the reason is to organize the chat.

Pitufo01

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2017
A Little Village Somewhere inPortugal
Title says above. Tired of chat being cluttered up with a bunch of languages mixed up in public chat? This is for you.

**NOTE** I got approval from a staff member on staff-help that this suggestion is allowed.

Suggestion
As title says, limit the public chat to either English only or English, Dutch, and Spanish only. That means all other languages are not permitted to be said on public chat.

Reasoning: the server is mainly geared toward English/Dutch/Spanish-speaking players. There are many servers geared to different audiences just as we are geared toward these 3 audiences. We already have this on the discord server where only 3 language channels are permitted (English, Spanish, Dutch).

This does NOT apply to private chat. Private chat includes PMs, party, team chat, and local freebuild chat (on your plot). This applies only to global and lobby chat (e.g. solo game chat, lobbies, etc.).

It can't be reported but suggestion for the punishment system:

-First 3 instances: warnings
-Repeating instances: 1 hour mute. Eventually becomes 1 day mute.

Frequent Responses
1. "This is a form of discrimination."
-No, this is not. An example here (2nd automated message) from a different game has a rule in place that prohibits non-English chat in public chats. Below says that "war and leader chats...must be in English," both of these chats being public chats. The reasoning is the same as what it is in the suggestion: the game gears toward English-speaking players and many servers of the same game cater toward different audiences.

View attachment 136722

(Additional explanation edited in) The screenshot above is one region where the game is hosted. That server happens to cater toward English speakers only. Other regions host the same game and cater to different players. For example, the game is also hosted in Japan, Korea, Europe, Vietnam, and Latin America. Therefore, other servers can be set up to cater toward the other players. Another way would be to add a guild system where players who speak the same language can congregate. Players can see the guild list and apply to their desired guild.

There are many people can´t speak English, so it is injuste for they, I vote no.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Members Online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom