Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 2. Yes (English/Spanish/Dutch only)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 3. No (explain why)

Votes: 42 87.5%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Still, what's the benefit for me? I don't speak dutch or spanish, so for me it's the same if somone's talking spanish or chinese.
The benefit is a cleaner chat as dotsy said. It's already a rule on the discord server that the 3 languages channels have to be spoken in their corresponding languages, thus you do not have confusion in the chat.

D

Deleted member 169486

The benefit is a cleaner chat as dotsy said. It's already a rule on the discord server that the 3 languages channels have to be spoken in their corresponding languages, thus you do not have confusion in the chat.
But there, the sole purpose of the application is text and voice communication. In minecraft, however, chat is not used by everyone, however everyone should be welcome to.

Reactions: Snodia

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
That is why I put "not reportable."
Then what's the point? Why bother making a rule that, by design, doesn't get enforced? You're asking to create a rule against something that rarely happens, and then this rule not even being enforceable. This seems extremely useless ...

D

Deleted member 169486

Put up warning message periodically. Change the example I provided into the following:

"Global and lobby chats are to be in English."
And how are they going to enforce this if it's not reportable?

T

The Lord Pleb

I'm against this, everyone can speak their language in public-chat.
No.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
And how are they going to enforce this if it's not reportable?

In the past, teaming couldn't be reported (before August 2016). The same can be applied here where only GMs (game masters) can hand out punishments if someone speaks non-English chat.

From page 1. In the past, teaming wasn't reportable but GMs who saw teaming handed out kicks. What GMs can do here is warn a couple times and then hand out mutes.

Again, this is to bring back an old rule from a different game and update it for modern application.

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Not everyone can speak the same language. Keep in mind cubecraft is a United Kingdom hosted server so it is going to same the same exact thing as it is now. We dont want to be racist here. -1

D

Deleted member 169486

From page 1. In the past, teaming wasn't reportable but GMs who saw teaming handed out kicks. What GMs can do here is warn a couple times and then hand out mutes.

Again, this is to bring back an old rule from a different game and update it for modern application.
What what are "game masters"? Because if they are staff then good luck with that. I have seen 1 staff member online today. Oh and I also saw 0 people talking in a language I didn't understand.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
What what are "game masters"? Because if they are staff then good luck with that. I have seen 1 staff member online today. Oh and I also saw 0 people talking in a language I didn't understand.
They're the ones who answer tickets and ban/mute people in the game.

Not everyone can speak the same language. Keep in mind cubecraft is a United Kingdom hosted server so it is going to same the same exact thing as it is now. We dont want to be racist here. -1
I explained how the suggestion can satisfy the players if and only if it hosts multiple servers to cater to different regions/audiences and/or include a guild system for players to congregate.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Too many players speak languages other than english to even think of implementing this. Not to mention many players don't speak english and this wouldn't be fair to them.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
Damn this thread has got a lot of heat. Honestly i dont think discriminating is what Cubecraft wants to enforce

D

Deleted member 169486

They're the ones who answer tickets and ban/mute people in the game.

I explained how the suggestion can satisfy the players if and only if it hosts multiple servers to cater to different regions/audiences and/or include a guild system for players to congregate.
So mods? So reports?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
So mods? So reports?
A forum mod and a GM are two different things.

Forum mod: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Moderators
GM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamemaster

In short, a GM moderates the game while a forum mod moderates the forum. Some say that the two are the same but these entries and previous experiences show that the two jobs are different.

A report is one type of ticket, but a ticket is not a report. Tickets can be anything, including but not limited to: bug report, request, appeals, player report.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom