• 3. No (explain why)

Votes: 42 87.5%

• Total voters

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I'm not sure if any of your ideas have changed, but I've explained my reasoning with you on discord.
Doing this could give Cubecraft some sort of racist reputation (because people pull that word out without thinking about it).
People could say "Cubecraft only accepts certain people to use their public chat!". I'm sure everyone wants to be accepted on Cubecraft and feel welcome knowing that they are fine just the way they are, not put below because they don't speak one of Cubecraft's filter language.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I'm not sure if any of your ideas have changed, but I've explained my reasoning with you on discord.
Doing this could give Cubecraft some sort of racist reputation (because people pull that word out without thinking about it).
People could say "Cubecraft only accepts certain people to use their public chat!". I'm sure everyone wants to be accepted on Cubecraft and feel welcome knowing that they are fine just the way they are, not put below because they don't speak one of Cubecraft's filter language.
Even though the game I play has people occasionally type non-English into the chat, I tolerate it because it's not a big issue. Again, there is a rule over there that prohibits non-English chat (my example). The reason I brought this suggestion up was--from an economic standpoint--to focus the market on a specific playerbase. The other was to fit in old rules into modern ones.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Because turning half the world down is going to be so economical.
Once again, I said that there has to be a way to compensate for that. I can understand that not many of you are used to having a rule that restricts language, but the players I led and played with never had any complaints because there were other regions to host the same game/content for other audiences.

Communication is a big thing. It's already difficult for me, as a leader, to communicate with people due to the language barrier. Even worse, some people don't cooperate with the team. The team I lead isn't a team of 2-5 players -- it is a team of 50-100+ players. That's another reason why that game restricted the chat to English for the North American (NA) and European (UK server) regions.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Because this is a stupid idea. The vast majority of public chat is already English/Dutch/Spanish, and he said breaking this rule shouldn't be reportable (read: enforceable) so this is beyond useless.
The original suggestion was to restrict it to just English only, but after consideration I added option #2 (English/Dutch/Spanish) as those 3 were the most spoken languages on the server.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
The original suggestion was to restrict it to just English only, but after consideration I added option #2 (English/Dutch/Spanish) as those 3 were the most spoken languages on the server.
Making it English only would be terrible, and making the rule English/Dutch/Spanish is useless. I can't believe that this thread got as many replies as it did -_-

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Making it English only would be terrible, and making the rule English/Dutch/Spanish is useless. I can't believe that this thread got as many replies as it did -_-
Besides claiming it to be discrimination, why do so many people here complain about this when the players I played with elsewhere didn't complain about an English-only rule?

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Even though the game I play has people occasionally type non-English into the chat, I tolerate it because it's not a big issue. Again, there is a rule over there that prohibits non-English chat (my example). The reason I brought this suggestion up was--from an economic standpoint--to focus the market on a specific playerbase. The other was to fit in old rules into modern ones.
Using your logic of an economical standpoint, having a wider-spread market that is able to get more players in at peak times will be more economically viable than focusing on one segment and disallowing the rest.

DreamFudge

Jun 1, 2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
www.cubecraft.net
Title says above. Tired of chat being cluttered up with a bunch of languages mixed up in public chat? This is for you.

**NOTE** I got approval from a staff member on staff-help that this suggestion is allowed.

Suggestion
As title says, limit the public chat to either English only or English, Dutch, and Spanish only. That means all other languages are not permitted to be said on public chat.

Reasoning: the server is mainly geared toward English/Dutch/Spanish-speaking players. There are many servers geared to different audiences just as we are geared toward these 3 audiences. We already have this on the discord server where only 3 language channels are permitted (English, Spanish, Dutch).

This does NOT apply to private chat. Private chat includes PMs, party, team chat, and local freebuild chat (on your plot). This applies only to global and lobby chat (e.g. solo game chat, lobbies, etc.).

It can't be reported but suggestion for the punishment system:

-First 3 instances: warnings
-Repeating instances: 1 hour mute. Eventually becomes 1 day mute.

Frequent Responses
1. "This is a form of discrimination."
-No, this is not. An example here (2nd automated message) from a different game has a rule in place that prohibits non-English chat in public chats. Below says that "war and leader chats...must be in English," both of these chats being public chats. The reasoning is the same as what it is in the suggestion: the game gears toward English-speaking players and many servers of the same game cater toward different audiences. The punishment is under line #2 (non-English war chat) and is harsher than the suggested mutes.

View attachment 136722
View attachment 136751

(Additional explanation edited in) The screenshot above is one region where the game is hosted. That server happens to cater toward English speakers only. Other regions host the same game and cater to different players. For example, the game is also hosted in Japan, Korea, Europe, Vietnam, and Latin America. Therefore, other servers can be set up to cater toward the other players. Another way would be to add a guild system where players who speak the same language can congregate. Players can see the guild list and apply to their desired guild.
Way too complex

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom