Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Enderpearls be available in Normal mode in Eggwars???

• Yeah! That would be great!

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Nah! I prefer it without...

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Oh gosh not THIS suggestion again...

How many times can i say that Enderpearls wont be added to normal because they are TOO OP!!!!
Thats whay theres OP MODE!!!
So if you want enderpearls, play on OP MODE!!!
Also, theres a thing called SAFEBRIDGING!!!
Buils a SAFEBRIDGE to kill campers!!!

(I dontneed e-perlz in normal cuz im 2 gud 4 campurs and i can r3k tem soo hard without e-pearly)

If i see this suggested one more time i will actuall write a 200 word essay on why e-pearls wont get added!!!!

Reactions: Ping Ether

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Enderpearls assist campers more often than not. Who's going to have more pearls, the campers who sit on their generators all day, or the real players who want to combat campers? I can't tell you how many times in OP I've taken out 3+ eggs only to discover that the last person left was a camper, who then proceeded to teleport as much as he wanted to kill me or escape me. It's the primary reason I don't play OP mode anymore.

Did you read this? V V V

I'm all for this idea. I'm really sick of getting to the point where me & my team have defeated half the teams in the map, only to come up to the last one and it's a team full of camping bow spammers. Yes you can try to build over there, but if you don't get punched off into the void, or power bow spammed to death, they'll just finally resort to using TNT to blow up the bridge it took you about 20 minutes to make at a snail's pace. Trust me, that kills all the fun in the game entirely.

They need to add either enderpearls or elytra as a way of combating this, and many others seem to agree. So taking some of the ideas that were raised (all credit goes to you guys, nice thinking) I propose this to keep everyone happy:

There's a villager in the middle of each map (to disadvantage campers). He will only sell:

- Enderpearls: 64 diamonds each. It needs to be a high cost so they wont be used too early on in the game. Afterall, this is to combat campers not to help make rushers unstoppable.

&

- Elytra: 64 diamonds each for a 75% broken pair of wings. Elytra are more risky (can be spotted flying in and maybe shot mid air) but also provide the ability to get to more than one island after the first.

It needs to be diamonds that are used to buy these items because Emerald generators have not been added to every map. Plus a stack of diamonds will still take you a while to get anyway, so I don't see this as being a big issue.

If you want to rush and take on the challenge you still can. Nobody is stopping you. But if you want to wait a little while and gain a decent chance of beating campers, the option is finally there to choose!

Everyone happy with this?

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Oh gosh not THIS suggestion again...

How many times can i say that Enderpearls wont be added to normal because they are TOO OP!!!!
Thats whay theres OP MODE!!!
So if you want enderpearls, play on OP MODE!!!
Also, theres a thing called SAFEBRIDGING!!!
Buils a SAFEBRIDGE to kill campers!!!

(I dontneed e-perlz in normal cuz im 2 gud 4 campurs and i can r3k tem soo hard without e-pearly)

If i see this suggested one more time i will actuall write a 200 word essay on why e-pearls wont get added!!!!

More often than not safebridgng doesn't work. It's a method based on luck not skill... they can easily tnt the bridge, spleef you off it or just bowspam you to death with power 1 bows. It's not fun only advancing 3 blocks forward every couple of minutes (to most players anyway) just for the bridge to get blown apart and its too unreliable of a method. Normal mode needs a new way to combat campers...

Reactions: Firewand

PogoScot

Aug 9, 2016
This idea is a good idea. Just like most people are saying is they are a bit to op, so if this was added I have to think that it would be REALLY expensive. Maybe would cost emeralds. Or you could buy a item for 64 diamonds and it cost three or so of those.

PogoScot

Aug 9, 2016
This idea is a good idea. Just like most people are saying is they are a bit to op, so if this was added I have to think that it would be REALLY expensive. Maybe would cost emeralds. Or you could buy a item for 64 diamonds and it cost three or so of those. Also, I have a question for @Nikooo. What makes it for something like this to be added? Also did you used to be nikoshka or someting? Or is that another person.

PogoScot

Aug 9, 2016
This idea is a good idea. Just like most people are saying is they are a bit to op, so if this was added I have to think that it would be REALLY expensive. Maybe would cost emeralds. Or you could buy a item for 64 diamonds and it cost three or so of those. Also, I have a question for @Nikooo. What makes it for something like this to be added? Also did you used to be nikoshka or someting? Or is that another person.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I used to fully support this, but I've decided against it. Here's why. Here's a list of anti-camp suggestions I found that I fully support:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-anti-camp-suggestions.150358/
- Bomb Jumping (My Favorite)
- Punch bow Removal
- Shop Inflation
- Speed Mode

This is why I don't support Ender Pearls in normal mode. In the "Golden Age" approximately 70% of players rushed islands. This number is now down to 35%. Adding Ender Pearls would drop this number to 20% unless something else came with it. Here's why. In normal mode right now, island rushing is by far the dominant technique to try to eliminate any possible campers. If you can speed bridge, it helps even more. In my last 40 games of hardcore and normal, I think I've only encountered 1-3 campers. At this point, the only suggestions I'll actually support for normal mode are ones that would bring that rush rate between 50 and 80%. This way, the old normal mode is back at last and people won't complain about your favorite gamemode any longer. In case you're unaware, 1.8 Normal Mode (When there was no hardcore or overpowered) was basically camper free. Seriously, go back before March 5th and tell me if you can find a single suggestion to stop campers.

Back? Continuing on. If people know they can just get an Ender Pearl, they won't bother rushing as they know they won't have to deal with any campers. This is the exact problem I have with overpowered. Bomb jumping, on the other hand, can only be used as a last ditch thing as it's very risky. In fact, it might even encourage early rushing since you don't even need to make a bridge and it's purchasable with gold and iron.

So, just like you asked me with overpowered, which I listened (eventually) don't try to change normal for your own interests and give it the OP plague.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hell why not, I mean they recently added Emerald Generators to some maps, so why not bother making EP's buyable with Emeralds?
I mean for real, people claim Enderpearls in Normal for Diamonds would be ''OP'', (wich it's not as Enderpearls in Normal would cost 2 stacks or so) so why not bother adding them in trade for Emeralds?

I mean with the Tomahawk Bow or something like that in Western and the Knockback II Mushroom in Mushroom, it's already OP so stop complaining if you think Enderpearls with Emeralds would be ''OP''.

D

Deleted member 112709

Hell why not, I mean they recently added Emerald Generators to some maps, so why not bother making EP's buyable with Emeralds?
I mean for real, people claim Enderpearls in Normal for Diamonds would be ''OP'', (wich it's not as Enderpearls in Normal would cost 2 stacks or so) so why not bother adding them in trade for Emeralds?
They are not on each map emerald generators, so I like the voting option what @iLoveYouu said.

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
Did you read this? V V V

Sorry, didn't have time to read the whole thread. While having them only be sold in the mid would be a good step in the right direction, I still don't think giving players ultimate mobility makes for a fun game. I've put forth other ideas in the past, such as arrows that disable a hit enemy's bow for a brief time.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
To anyone that supported or opposed this suggestion (I don't really support anyone on this thread)
I used to fully support this, but I've decided against it. Here's why. Here's a list of anti-camp suggestions I found that I fully support:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-anti-camp-suggestions.150358/
- Bomb Jumping (My Favorite)
- Punch bow Removal
- Shop Inflation
- Speed Mode

This is why I don't support Ender Pearls in normal mode. In the "Golden Age" approximately 70% of players rushed islands. This number is now down to 35%. Adding Ender Pearls would drop this number to 20% unless something else came with it. Here's why. In normal mode right now, island rushing is by far the dominant technique to try to eliminate any possible campers. If you can speed bridge, it helps even more. In my last 40 games of hardcore and normal, I think I've only encountered 1-3 campers. At this point, the only suggestions I'll actually support for normal mode are ones that would bring that rush rate between 50 and 80%. This way, the old normal mode is back at last and people won't complain about your favorite gamemode any longer. In case you're unaware, 1.8 Normal Mode (When there was no hardcore or overpowered) was basically camper free. Seriously, go back before March 5th and tell me if you can find a single suggestion to stop campers.

Back? Continuing on. If people know they can just get an Ender Pearl, they won't bother rushing as they know they won't have to deal with any campers. This is the exact problem I have with overpowered. Bomb jumping, on the other hand, can only be used as a last ditch thing as it's very risky. In fact, it might even encourage early rushing since you don't even need to make a bridge and it's purchasable with gold and iron.

So, just like you asked me with overpowered, which I listened (eventually) don't try to change normal for your own interests and give it the OP plague.
If you're wondering, I vastly prefer the bomb jump approach because normal is supposed to be the risk taking mode. Ender Pearls have no risk, completely unlike bomb jumping. Bomb jumping is also WAAY more satisfying. @TheJeroen @KronosReeper @iConfueZ @Nikooo @iLoveYouu @Gainfullterror

Reactions: Jim Jimly

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015

Archee

May 26, 2016
UK
www.twitch.tv
either remove tnt, or add enderpearls.
half the time bridging is made strenuous from running out of arrows/blocks/food or being spam shot and killed, while we cant remove dying we can remove tnt so they dont just suicide bomb your bridge (or safe bomb it when they lost their egg) while you re-gear
enderpearls again remove that problem so in my eyes its do either of these and campers lose alot of efficiency
(then again what % of your games do you buy tnt for anything other than breaking bridges)

edit:
ooh ooh what about adding levitation potions :I

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
either remove tnt, or add enderpearls.
half the time bridging is made strenuous from running out of arrows/blocks/food or being spam shot and killed, while we cant remove dying we can remove tnt so they dont just suicide bomb your bridge (or safe bomb it when they lost their egg) while you re-gear
enderpearls again remove that problem so in my eyes its do either of these and campers lose alot of efficiency
(then again what % of your games do you buy tnt for anything other than breaking bridges)
NO Please! Don't remove TNT. Its way better used in offense than in defense. Also very useful in OP mode to break armor.
ooh ooh what about adding levitation potions :I
This man gets it.
(also invis potions)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
NO Please! Don't remove TNT. Its way better used in offense than in defense. Also very useful in OP mode to break armor.
TNT's never going to get removed, don't worry.

Now that there is emerald u can use it like 32 emerald for 1 ep
32 emeralds is quite a lot of time, and not every map has emeralds. Only 5 maps do.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom