Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Enderpearls be available in Normal mode in Eggwars???

• Yeah! That would be great!

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Nah! I prefer it without...

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Personally I love ender peals because they are a very effective way of combatting camping. There price is high yet worth while. Personally I think they should be available in normal mode! I am not trying to convince people just wondering what you guys think! Please vote and leave kind feedback!

Thanks, Retraxx.

Disclaimer: I know this thread has probably been created before but I havnt seen it so I'm just asking...

Pros:
- Combats camping
- Novelty Item
- Saves time
- Stealthy (fun)
- Stratigic alternative
- Well requested
- More skill is needed in both attack and defence

Cons:
- Expensive
- Reduces need for exciting bridging
- Divided opinions
- Harder to defend egg

Last edited:
Reactions: Earth
N

Nikboo

I have always supported this idea. Many have created a thread on it.

Shame that some of the community members don't support this. I never understand their arguement. They complain about campers but they don't want to add enderpearls in normal. That doesn't make sence in my eyes since an enderpearl is a way to stop players who keep trying to hit you with punch bows whilst you build a bridge over to the island. .-.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I support the idea. Given that it costs 64 diamonds in op mode, it's going to be very expensive in normal mode.
This would then mean that the only times these will be used is late game to give you a little help getting over to someone's island without having arrows shooting at you all the time while you're trying to bridge over.
I don't really see how it's considered as an op item, I mean it can get you out of a sticky situation when you're being hunted down, but TNT has the same effect. Spam down a few TNT and watch the player that's attacking you run the opposite way, giving you a little breathing time.

Reactions: Firewand and Earth

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I cant tell you how many times ive seen this suggestion but as said, it would ruin the fun not trying to sound mean but anyone with this suggestion or supports it is to lazy or to scared to even try the challenge of getting to campers, epearls is to easy, i simply want something incredibly hard to try to overcome

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Care to elaborate on why it would ruin the fun?
I mean bridging is fine to do, but when the people on the island just bow spam with their unlimited arrows it can get a little frustrating.
It ruins the fun cause everyone will camp to get as many diamonds as possible. The gameplay will be gone due to this.

D

Deleted member 112709

Its easy for the bowspammer... not for you :p
That's what I say, they should make it "fair" to add ender pearls to normal mode. It isn't fair to let the offensive team attack, while the campers are getting more resources.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Reactions: The_Supermarket
D

Deleted member 112709

Be patient and place blocks in front of you to survive. It's not that I've never experienced bow spammers myself....
"Be patient" I do not want to waste an hour (or more) of my time to safe-bridge to a camper. It's not funny, and it ruins the fun of EggWars.
And again, bowspamming and camping on your island while collecting resources is also OP? Why not balance it by adding ender pearls?

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
It ruins the fun cause everyone will camp to get as many diamonds as possible. The gameplay will be gone due to this.

People camp as it is in eggwars.... The story goes: Get blocks, rush mid, get diamonds, head back to island, break bridge, build a massive wall with openings that we can spam arrows out of towards anyone that tries to bridge to our island. Wait as long as it takes to get that one hit that knocks the player off his bridge, and continue....

That's how a lot of eggwars games go down.

Adding ender pearls wouldn't ruin the fun of the game at all. For a start they would be really expensive and people would only use them for certain situations, like the example above.
It would cause a lot less frustration from players who just want to have a fun game, and being bow spammed every time you're trying to bridge, isn't fun.

Majority of the games I play, I just rush and try to eliminate as much people at the start as possible, because if you don't, the game just turns into "Bow Wars".

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
The epearl is used to prevent campers from sniping people off bridges. If you use an epearl not under those circumstances you either fell off the map or are wasting diamonds.

For the suggestion, I think it should cost more than 64 diamonds, but that is impossible to do with the villager (doesn't recognize both trade slots) so I would think 20-32 emeralds for an epearl would be fair considering how slow emeralds spawn if you don't upgrade the gen

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom