Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Enderpearls be available in Normal mode in Eggwars???

• Yeah! That would be great!

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Nah! I prefer it without...

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

fhettie

Oct 24, 2016
Personally I love ender peals because they are a very effective way of combatting camping. There price is high yet worth while. Personally I think they should be available in normal mode! I am not trying to convince people just wondering what you guys think! Please vote and leave kind feedback!

Thanks, Retraxx.

Disclaimer: I know this thread has probably been created before but I havnt seen it so I'm just asking...

Pros:
- Combat camping
- Novelty Item
- Saves time
- Stratigic alternative
- Well requested

Cons:
- Expensive
- Reduces need for exciting bridging
- Divided opinions
Would be too hard to defend egg in my opinion

fhettie

Oct 24, 2016
It's not really a game breaker dude! Even if you disagree with it I can't see how you'd think it would destroy Eggwars...
well, yes I think it would because people will camp even more for an enderpearl.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
well, yes I think it would because people will camp even more for an enderpearl.
Dude, with a lvl 3 gen it takes like 6 mins to get one. I have never seen a camper in op use an Enderpearl. Please base your opinions off experiences not theorising. ;)

fhettie

Oct 24, 2016
Dude, with a lvl 3 gen it takes like 6 mins to get one. I have never seen a camper in op use an Enderpearl. Please base your opinions off experiences not theorising. ;)
I just dont find it a good idea, sorry.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
It's not really a game breaker dude! Even if you disagree with it I can't see how you'd think it would destroy Eggwars...
Uh how is it not? If you E-Pearl to them, they can just E-Pearl to mid and you'll be stuck there without being able to get better gens at center. The game will just be a game of chasing down people, and does NOT eliminate campers.
Heck ya they do. I've played plenty of games in OP when a camper just enderpearled away right as we got to their island. Now THEY can camp mid and they will get more op. (Like I said above.) Also, it takes just 4 minutes to get 1 enderpearl (with 1.5 stacks of diamonds). If you E-Pearl there and they E-Pearl to mid, they can get more OP at center (as said above) and simply get more diamonds for e-pearls and gear.

Safe bridging is pretty hard to counter still. Not only does it get to an island safely, but it may also contain them at their island so that they can get eliminated. Remember, a camper usually has the disadvantage if they camp. They get less resources (than what you could do at mid) and they are dead once you kill them. Even with a chest, you can easily steal that and eliminate them. The reason why it's in OP is because

A: rushing is nearly impossible as nearly every team will have obsidian in the first 5 minutes.
B: All the items are dirt cheap which makes it easier to camp
C: Since it's so easy to camp, they needed to add something to counter that.
D: Unlike normal, power bows do basically nothing to kill and that does not help against campers.
E: The reason why people camp is usually because they know that they just need E-Pearls to move around and that's why it takes forever for the game to advance even with E-Pearls. Everything is dirt cheap and the armour is broken.

If it was in normal, it would actually break the game.
It would mean that
A: Everyone will camp knowing that they'll just need E-Pearls to move around.
B: It's possible to rush every team as obsidian is fairly expensive.
C: It's not 100% broken in armour like OP, so there doesn't really need something to cut the time down.
D: There are POWER bows for a reason. Those bows can do some serious damage to campers and may
help you to kill them for an easy passage to their base.
E: It IS easier than you think to safebridge and you can always just use a punch or power bow to finish them off.
If this idea was to get implemented, there would only be 1 villager that sells the enderpearls at mid. So this situation wouldn't happen.
One villager at mid that sells E-Pearls. Great idea but then 1 team can just camp MID too. That's worse than base-camping.
Why does everyone think enderpearls are so OP? Think about it. All they do is let you teleport somewhere once. Then that's it - you cant use the same enderpearl twice... There's also the fact that if you misjudge your throw you could miss the island altogether, fall short of the island only to hit the bottom of it and drop hopelessly into the void, or land somewhere in sight of the whole enemy team and then you've got a big fight to deal with. 64 diamonds per enderpearl is a suitable price in my opinion.

These items only help you move around, they don't help you in combat unless you are trying to retreat - and if you do retreat, the enemy has chance to regroup, reheal & rearm etc.

So basically, enderpearls aren't really OP if you think about it.
There are still a few problems. If that happens in Normal, you can't really survive especially if they can get the first hit on you.
I've personally never seen a person (EVEN a steve or alex) that failed an E-Pearl throw. Most maps with camping problems have large island at which you can easily teleport to.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Darkform9

May 6, 2016
European Union- unlike a certain traitor
I think they need them. Egg wars has been full of campers lately and the ender pearls would help eliminate or decrease any benefits they get from camping.
Of course ender pearls would need to be expensive (probably more so than OP) but I think they would be a great addition to normal mode and would greatly even the playing fields.

Reactions: Firewand

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Mid Camp?
Well... They leave their egg vulnerable...
What are you talking about?
Base Camp >>> Mid Camp.
"Leave Egg Vulnerable" So yeah, after they finish the safe bridge that requires 14-16 stacks of sandstone on the largest maps (where mid camping is the largest problem) just to get to their NEIGHBOR then they have two ways to mid. Then, the mid campers are almost always better at PvP than base campers so then you have to hope that you can beat them in a PvP fight, THEN you might be able to get to their egg, even though one member of the team has most likely been collecting stacks of Diamonds and gold, then spam their egg in chests and obsidian. So basically a team going against mid campers is outnumbered 1 to 3 in resources, as well as being in a strategic disadvantage. Also, by the time the average player can complete the bridge, the whole team has at least one Ender Pearl and Two Notch Apples. Tell me, how do you beat that with one, maybe two diamond generators at home islands? And don't even think about trying to shoot them off, as they can just #BuildAWall on one side of the bridge.

Reactions: Thaus

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
"Leave Egg Vulnerable" So yeah, after they finish the safe bridge that requires 14-16 stacks of sandstone on the largest maps (where mid camping is the largest problem) just to get to their NEIGHBOR then they have two ways to mid. Then, the mid campers are almost always better at PvP than base campers so then you have to hope that you can beat them in a PvP fight, THEN you might be able to get to their egg, even though one member of the team has most likely been collecting stacks of Diamonds and gold, then spam their egg in chests and obsidian. So basically a team going against mid campers is outnumbered 1 to 3 in resources, as well as being in a strategic disadvantage. Also, by the time the average player can complete the bridge, the whole team has at least one Ender Pearl and Two Notch Apples. Tell me, how do you beat that with one, maybe two diamond generators at home islands? And don't even think about trying to shoot them off, as they can just #BuildAWall on one side of the bridge.

Wait what?
Just why are You, Why am I DEBATING ABOUT THIS.
"Mid campers are almost always better at PVP" THE FUDGE, Why is this an argument?! If you sucks at pvp, you lose, Simple.
"Average player" Wha wha wha wha !? Lol, i don't even know why i should even try.
This is a team game, If your whole team sucks against the other team that is so called "Mid Camping", There are other teams that are attacking them.

I give up.
You guys do as you will.
My argument are not going to be wasted on such thing that is ultimately unnecessary.
k, bye.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
This is addition is designed to let the attcker get across dude. The idea is that the attcker doesn't have to build the bridge.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hola Capp! 🤍
After nearly 2 years on the Forums, I just figured out I can watch an entire subforum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_5528.png

This would’ve been so useful in the past. 😭
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Top Bottom