Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

pipiklatie

Jan 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi,

I am reviewing the latest eggwars update on java based on everything that can be balaneced such as items, kit and enchants. If you want me to go into things such as map layouts generator placements etc let me know. Overpowered is so bad i just play normal items and normal health because netherite gear and iron gear from iron ingots is bad in my opinion so i am writing this from the Normal items Normal health viewpoint. i've played eggwars for a long time now (playing since release but playing more regularly since 2018). And last season i played 5k games and know all strats there are (and all the bugs to abuse :P). So since i know a lot about eggwars i think it's not a bad idea to share my view on the state of this new eggwars S2. I am not here to burn down this Season 2 update i am just here to adress what is wrong with the items and the balancing.

BLOCKS

Concrete= Priced okey but with a lack of iron on the iron gens and on mid you can run out pretty quickly and on some maps you cant even bridge to mid with 1 full generator pickup. In S1 there was glass which was mostly used for late where people could insta mine the blocks beneath you. but since there are no more insta mine pickaxes a diffirent block to concrete is useless since it would be a waste of resources.

Wool= Way to expensive! you can mine wool way easier with no tools which most people dont have early game since its too expensive and since this is only a early game defense block i would not see why to ever buy it.

Ancient debris= good defense block but it is kind of overpowered since the tools dont have enchantments and it takes 25 seconds to mine it with a IRON pickaxe which gives a team more then enough time to stop you from mining. And gold is sparse allready since you have to buy items like, Iron gear (21 gold), gaps (8 gold), pickaxe (8 gold), sword (8gold), etc.

Obsidian= Impossible to mine when you have a team that knows what they do but you can only afford full obsidian late game which is when the eggs are mostly gone allready so its kinda useless.

Wallbuilders= 2 gold for 1 wallbuilder? you need to use gold for more than enough items allready just make it cost iron.

Ladderbuilder= Very expensive for the not so usefull thing it is. it is very overpriced

Towerbuilder= Balanced
FOOD

Baked potato's= Useless, it costs 2 iron and give 6 saturation meanwhile steak costs 4 iron and gives 12,8(!) saturation. It is useless in fights since it doesnt heal remotely fast enough to be viable in pvp.

Steak= Great, bit expensive considering a lvl 2 iron gen only holds 16 iron but its allright.

Gaps= Bit expensive but still usefull and very overpowered in a fight. but to make is as expensive as a iron sword (8gold) is a bit overpriced.

Cake= good for the lvl 1 players to waste their iron on, will never ever buy it.

Strength= very Overpowered in a fight especially combined with crossbows. but cheap maybe but i'd need to play a bit more with it to know for sure
Milk= Balanced, only usefull against ppl with weakness/ slowness pots and it seems fair to price it how it is now.

Notch Apple= Balanced, usefull for attacking 4 players at once or getting an egg. I like the way it can not be bought in mass and is only a thing you buy when you need to fight a unfair amount of people at once.

SWORDS

Wooden sword= 8 iron bit expensive considering only 16 iron spawns on a lvl 2 iron gen.

Stone sword= Balanced, not easy to get but it does make the difference in the fight. But at that point you might aswell have bought a iron sword allready.

Iron sword= considering you need gold for a lot of items it is balanced but for instance i have not bought a stone sword ever because the iron sword was always a better deal to me. So the pricing between stone and iron sword needs some tweaking in my opinion.

Dia sword= Balanced.

Netherite sword= Remove it in normal items its too OP ur literally dead in 2-3 hits. in my opinion there needs to be netherite armour to counter the netherite sword and since in normal there is no netherite armour (THANKFULLY!!!) i think the netherite sword needs to be removed.

Trident= usefull in 5% of situations since bow does more damage then throwing your trident and hitting with your trident is useless if you have a netherite sword you can buy for the same price aswell and buying loyalty for 7 ems is way to expensive in my opinion. personally i would buy the trident only in the water map (aquatic) because there it does have a use.

Wooden Axe= balanced

Stone Axe= Balanced

Iron axe= Balanced

Dia Axe= balanced

Netherite axe= Remove it (same as netherite sword)

ARMOUR

LEATHER armour= expensive considering iron gens only give 16 iron. make it the same pricing as a wooden sword imo.

Iron armour= OVERPOWERED for only 21 gold! i'd think chain gear would be way more balanced instead of iron gear.

Diamond gear= OVERPOWERED you cant die against someone with iron gear since you can spam gaps and can just take like 2 times less damage

Shield= Good usefull item that can be obtained fairly quickly if you know how to use it it can be very overpowered for sure i think it's balanced how it is now.

PICKAXES (pickaxe kit (golden pickaxe + tnt) is the way to go if you ever wanna break a egg.)

Wooden Pickaxe= way too expensive (8 iron), you cant even mine concrete fast enough. maybe worth like 1 iron

Stone pickaxe= useless without enchants especially for 18!!! iron. way too slow to mine especially for endstone.

Iron pickaxe= okay price but still without enchants its very bad. just choose golden pickaxe kit at that point. (25 sec to mine netherite and 50 sec to mine obi!)

Dia pickaxe= useless just spend ur 12 dia on a fireball to blow up a egg defence or ofcourse just use pickaxe kit!!!

Netherite pickaxe= way too expensive without enchants. golden pickaxe way better. remove it allready

BOWS

Bow= 4 dia very overpowered especially in normal and hardcore as it does some serious damage too.

Arrows= bit cheap compared to all the other items that have to be purchased with gold too. but i do not really mind not having to camp at my base for more gold any longer then i already will have too.

Spectral arrow= good for the level 1 people to waste their gold on. will never buy it myself

Slowness arrow= Balanced 1 gold for 1 slowness arrow seems alright compared to the other arrows.
Crossbow= Very overpowered item. if you line up your entire inventory with them you are basically a walking machine gun. also if you fight with someone in a intense and long fight you can easily quick-drop someone with multiple crossbows. i feel like you need there need to be some time inbetween being able to shoot the crossbows, i was thinking about the same time it takes for you to throw 2 enderpearls. and maybe you can add fireworks to the shop as ammunition but do make it cost dia because it will be overpowered to use rockets.

SPECIAL ITEMS

Enderpearl= Balanced

Leap feather= cheap, i feel like it has to be near the price of a enderpearl as a leap feather is for a lot of people just a extra life and it is basically a easier enderpearl clutch. which in my opinion needs to be more expensive then 16 diamonds.

Compass= Balanced, Dont do anything to it

Chest= Balanced

Enderchest= Balanced since now you dont need to store 5 sets in the enderchest anymore since the update :).

Ladder= WTF IS EVEN GOING ON??? 4 iron for 1 ladder? make it 4 iron for 8/16 ladders or something or 1 iron for 2/4 ladders. Although i do agree that you need to be able to buy ladders in a smaller amount and not have to commit to 16 ladders instantly since you never need that much ladders. you might only need 2-3 for some cluchting or kb abuse on a bridge sometime.

Elytra= bit expensive. i do agree that it is better then a enderpearl but to make it 16 dia more expensive is a bit extreme. make it bit more expensive then a enderpearl/leap

Fireball= Balanced, basically a 1 time use punch 2 shot for 8 dia seems fair. Although the fireball is still bugged and doesnt work like it did in Season 1 (It Worked PERFECTLY in Season 1 please make it like it was in Season 1).

Eggmite= Usefull in a situation you get 1 in 250 games just like the milk bucket its allright how it is now.

TNT= Fair to make it that expensive since it deals a lot of damage to a leather person and is very overpowered to spam when you dont have any enchants which is prevented by making it expensive!

ENCHANTMENT TABLE

Fire aspect= It is very overpowered and very anoying when you are on fire you cant get out of a fight with someone who has fire aspect. If you 1v1 and you both have fire aspect it just ruins the experience for both players.

Sweeping edge= Waste of emeralds wouldnt even pay 1 gold for it you will never need it ever.

Aqua infinity = Useless you cant even place blocks when you go 10 blocks under water in the aquatic map. and on all other maps why is it even in the enchanting table might aswell remove it there.

Depth Stider= Useless especially for 2 emeralds it might be usefull if it is a higher enchant of depth strider but cheaper. and again only usefull on the aquatic map so why is it in the enchantment table on the other maps too?

Swift sneak= Cool but very expensive and not that usefull since you can only get it in the mid game when all bridges are build allready.

Feather falling= feather falling 2 is not good especially when you have a kit with feather falling IV so atleast make it be able to match that and enchant feather falling 4 aswell.

Punch= Fair pricing and fair that it is only applied per person and not per team. however if you are in a intense fight against other good players not having punch can be a real game decider but thats i geuss why you need to get egg and kill people for ems. it could be a bit cheaper especially in duo maps where you cant collect as many ems as in 4's maps.

Piercing= Not usefull its more a luck thing when you hit 2 players at once. and is very overpriced, i would never buy it.

Multishot= price is a bit high for something that requires more luck then skill since you cant hit 1 person

Quick charge= Not usefull since its only quick charge 1. it would be fair if the charging took a bit shorter but right now its not that usefull.

Riptide= Usefull in aquatic only priced fairly for that map. Maybe make it usefull in other maps too by making it thunder once in a while for a suprise attack (maybe a overpowered items only feature).

Loyalty= Usefull if the trident was acctually good but a bow is better and for 7 ems it is very expensive would choose punch 100x over loyalty. and if you throw your trident into the void on accidentally it doesnt return, maybe make it so it does.

KITS
Eggshell (Endstone)= Usefull kit especially with these bad and overpriced slow pickaxes.

Rabit (Jumpboost)= Usefull since food is very expensive and jumpboost can be really helpfull to build right over people. Athough in my opinion the duration of the jump boost 2 (1:30) is a bit too long.

Money bags (15 iron)= Usefull speaks for itself, you need iron to play the game so why not have some extra

Buffer (1 healing 2 pot)= Usefull for hardcore but i'd rather choose a different kit.

Debuffer (weakness and slowness pots)= Very usefull if you want to eliminate a player for a minute from being able to kill you or others.

Healer (2 gaps)= Usefull for people who like to fight a lot, 2 gaps is worth 16 gold so it worth taking it for some people over a kit like money bags.

Shell Cracker (golden pickaxe + 1 tnt)= OVERPOWERED, you get a golden pickaxe which is faster than a dia pickaxe (12 diamonds) it is very usefull to mine endstone and regular blocks are a egg or on a bridge to blocktrap people :). And you get 1 tnt which can deal like 5-10 hp damage to people in leather gear and also deals a lot of damage to people in iron gear, and ofcourse its usefull to blow up a eggdefense.

Eggarmour (leather set + 20% discount on all gear) = Usefull to buy gear at a discounted price and since full leather early game is 10 iron. Also handy for when you play with a party that you can buy discounted gear for everybody! (do fix the kit for overpowered tho since the standerd armour there is iron armour but you spawn with leather still).

Feather feet (chain boots and feather falling 4 on all boots you ever buy)= Usefull for the people who like to bridge and go up high and jump down without losing all of your health. although it kinda defeats the purpose of the feather falling enchant on the enchanting table.

Chicken leggs (10 seconds of speed upon respawning)= Useless.

Thx for reading this i geuss i hope something will be done about the current state of the game. Feel free to suggest any changes to my viewpoints on cetain items. Keep in mind i have not played 1000s of games so i have not had the best look into the game as possible but i tried :p.

~pipiklatie

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom