Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Enderpearls be available in Normal mode in Eggwars???

• Yeah! That would be great!

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Nah! I prefer it without...

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Each island have 1 Dia gen.
Mid have at least 1, considering mid is near to your base, you can get double the diamonds the camper have.
You do have 2x the amount of ender pearls.
But hey, that's just me
So? Depending on the situation, they might have more diamond gens than you do. And regardless of when they attack, you have no idea what they buy with diamonds first.

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
So? Depending on the situation, they might have more diamond gens than you do. And regardless of when they attack, you have no idea what they buy with diamonds first.

In what situation are we talking about? The only map that have a lot of diamonds to camp is Pizza.
And why not just add it to the game?
I mean, How often do you see Camper out bought the amount of ender pearls you have? [Answer : 0.001%, i.e highly unlikely... That is even if they did buy an ender pearl]

and
" And regardless of when they attack, you have no idea what they buy with diamonds first"
Wait what am i missing here?
The campers attacks? What?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
In what situation are we talking about? The only map that have a lot of diamonds to camp is Pizza.
And why not just add it to the game?
I mean, How often do you see Camper out bought the amount of ender pearls you have? [Answer : 0.001%, i.e highly unlikely... That is even if they did buy an ender pearl]

and
" And regardless of when they attack, you have no idea what they buy with diamonds first"
Wait what am i missing here?
The campers attacks? What?
I've seen campers, who let our team only have 2 islands. They had another 4 islands + mid and did everything they could to prevent us from coming over.
It was a match in normal mode, where we didn't get the chance to get any diamonds because of the amount of bowspamming.

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
I've seen campers, who let our team only have 2 islands. They had another 4 islands + mid and did everything they could to prevent us from coming over.
It was a match in normal mode, where we didn't get the chance to get any diamonds because of the amount of bowspamming.

They are the campers...?
What...?
They have 4 other Island + mid while "Camping"?
That doesn't sound like camping to me. It sounds like you were the one camping.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I'm all for this idea. I'm really sick of getting to the point where me & my team have defeated half the teams in the map, only to come up to the last one and it's a team full of camping bow spammers. Yes you can try to build over there, but if you don't get punched off into the void, or power bow spammed to death, they'll just finally resort to using TNT to blow up the bridge it took you about 20 minutes to make at a snail's pace. Trust me, that kills all the fun in the game entirely.

They need to add either enderpearls or elytra as a way of combating this, and many others seem to agree. So taking some of the ideas that were raised (all credit goes to you guys, nice thinking) I propose this to keep everyone happy:

There's a villager in the middle of each map (to disadvantage campers). He will only sell:

- Enderpearls: 64 diamonds each. It needs to be a high cost so they wont be used too early on in the game. Afterall, this is to combat campers not to help make rushers unstoppable.

&

- Elytra: 64 diamonds each for a 75% broken pair of wings. Elytra are more risky (can be spotted flying in and maybe shot mid air) but also provide the ability to get to more than one island after the first.

It needs to be diamonds that are used to buy these items because Emerald generators have not been added to every map. Plus a stack of diamonds will still take you a while to get anyway, so I don't see this as being a big issue.

If you want to rush and take on the challenge you still can. Nobody is stopping you. But if you want to wait a little while and gain a decent chance of beating campers, the option is finally there to choose!

Everyone happy with this?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
They are the campers...?
What...?
They have 4 other Island + mid while "Camping"?
That doesn't sound like camping to me. It sounds like you were the one camping.
Nope.
We've tried to come over to mid constantly.
There was 1 team that they took out,
We took out 1 team, and the other 2 teams took each others eggs out, and then WE were left with 2 islands, and the oposing team had 4 islands + mid.
We attempted to go to mid multiple times, succeeded too, but by the time we tried going back, they blew up the bridge from where we came from. After that, the person retreated and broke the bridge behind him.
After that, they started monopolizing the diamonds at mid and their base. No matter what we tried, they kept blowing up the bridges we were making.

I'm all for this idea. I'm really sick of getting to the point where me & my team have defeated half the teams in the map, only to come up to the last one and it's a team full of camping bow spammers. Yes you can try to build over there, but if you don't get punched off into the void, or power bow spammed to death, they'll just finally resort to using TNT to blow up the bridge it took you about 20 minutes to make at a snail's pace. Trust me, that kills all the fun in the game entirely.

They need to add either enderpearls or elytra as a way of combating this, and many others seem to agree. So taking some of the ideas that were raised (all credit goes to you guys, nice thinking) I propose this to keep everyone happy:

There's a villager in the middle of each map (to disadvantage campers). He will only sell:

- Enderpearls: 64 diamonds each. It needs to be a high cost so they wont be used too early on in the game. Afterall, this is to combat campers not to help make rushers unstoppable.

&

- Elytra: 64 diamonds each for a 75% broken pair of wings. Elytra are more risky (can be spotted flying in and maybe shot mid air) but also provide the ability to get to more than one island after the first.

It needs to be diamonds that are used to buy these items because Emerald generators have not been added to every map. Plus a stack of diamonds will still take you a while to get anyway, so I don't see this as being a big issue.

If you want to rush and take on the challenge you still can. Nobody is stopping you. But if you want to wait a little while and gain a decent chance of beating campers, the option finally there to choose!

Everyone happy with this?
Nope. There are still teams that camp mid & an island connected to it.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

But as long you had a running diamond generator this wouldn't be a problem (which isn't a hard task to achieve quickly, before a team can take over mid) - stock up on a few ender pearls or an elytra than hop to a neighboring island. Keep doing this until you can hop into theirs and break the egg. Granted, you'd probably need to do this sneakily and it might take a while to save up for that many ender pearls, but at least it's a viable option. It would be better than trying to bridge to mid and eating a 10,000 arrow sandwich.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
it will be fun BUT if this will be added, you can only find them on mid. other wise it will be TO op. and not fun
Interesting idea...

K thanks for all the feedback! Please keep in mind when posting on a thread like this to read the WHOLE post, lots have people have been commenting that this has been suggested before. I know. I wrote that I think.

So up top I'm going to do a pros and cons thing so we can lay them out easily. :p

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Nope.
We've tried to come over to mid constantly.
There was 1 team that they took out,
We took out 1 team, and the other 2 teams took each others eggs out, and then WE were left with 2 islands, and the oposing team had 4 islands + mid.
We attempted to go to mid multiple times, succeeded too, but by the time we tried going back, they blew up the bridge from where we came from. After that, the person retreated and broke the bridge behind him.
After that, they started monopolizing the diamonds at mid and their base. No matter what we tried, they kept blowing up the bridges we were making.

This is not the point of the thread please discuss this on a conversation

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Personally I love ender peals because they are a very effective way of combatting camping. There price is high yet worth while. Personally I think they should be available in normal mode! I am not trying to convince people just wondering what you guys think! Please vote and leave kind feedback!

Thanks, Retraxx.

Disclaimer: I know this thread has probably been created before but I havnt seen it so I'm just asking...

Pros:
- Combat camping
- Novelty Item
- Saves time
- Stratigic alternative
- Well requested

Cons:
- Expensive
- Reduces need for exciting bridging
- Divided opinions
Personally I love ender peals because they are a very effective way of combatting camping. There price is high yet worth while. Personally I think they should be available in normal mode! I am not trying to convince people just wondering what you guys think! Please vote and leave kind feedback!

Thanks, Retraxx.

Disclaimer: I know this thread has probably been created before but I havnt seen it so I'm just asking...

Pros:
- Combat camping
- Novelty Item
- Saves time
- Stratigic alternative
- Well requested

Cons:
- Expensive
- Reduces need for exciting bridging
- Divided opinions
this would reduce camping but it has been suggested many times before

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
I have always supported this idea. Many have created a thread on it.

Shame that some of the community members don't support this. I never understand their arguement. They complain about campers but they don't want to add enderpearls in normal. That doesn't make sence in my eyes since an enderpearl is a way to stop players who keep trying to hit you with punch bows whilst you build a bridge over to the island. .-.

Enderpearls assist campers more often than not. Who's going to have more pearls, the campers who sit on their generators all day, or the real players who want to combat campers? I can't tell you how many times in OP I've taken out 3+ eggs only to discover that the last person left was a camper, who then proceeded to teleport as much as he wanted to kill me or escape me. It's the primary reason I don't play OP mode anymore.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on DuckL's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
DuckL wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
DuckL wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
DuckL wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom