Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blocksta138

Jan 4, 2017
You do realise that Cube's ranks are more costly than Hypixel and Hypixel has more discounts than Cube!

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Yes I must agree that Hypixle copied our Eggwars, but they dont actually 'drag'players, I guess since its new so ppl decides to try it..... Also its not a proper mini game yet on Hypixle since its in the Prototype lobby. I would agree on the Respawn timer in your suggestion

Reactions: Avocado Pie

Professor_Pork

Aug 15, 2016
Listen I hate to break it to you but CubeCraft lacks one thing servers like Hypixel and Minplex have, Youtubers. And before anyone says it yes we have Pizzahut and Preston but when it comes to youtubers those are the only constant ones I am aware of. CubeCraft does not have that many youtubers to show how cool they are :( where as servers like Hypixel have loads of YouTubers. It's a problem that CubeCraft can't fix and it's sad that even though CubeCraft deserves it more it doesn't get all the attention it deserves and this choose it's up to us or CubeCraft it's up to the Mc Youtube community.
Well we had youtubers like Mitch, but they left the server mostly. :(

ElementalFox Gaming

Jul 31, 2016
Clearly, Hypixel has stolen a dramatic amount of players from Cubecraft with bedwars because everyone thinks its better; apart from the fact that the pack plays it. I'm pretty sure they stole around 10k players from cubecraft I THINK. Many people have tried to (including me) tell hypixel that they are plagiarizing our game idea eggwars, but that isn't exactly working. Trust me I already tried posting a thread about removing bedwars on Hypixel's forums and everyone called me selfish, plus it was locked overnight before I could even respond (go figure -_-). S lets try a different approach which is improving our eggwars game. Constructive criticism is WANTED! Here are some of my ideas that i brainstormed.

• Lower spawn invincibility down to 2.5 seconds so people can break their egg without getting helplessly punched off the map.
  • Add an eight minute swiftness potion in speed egg wars that gives the player swiftness two. Which costs 25 diamonds.
  • Add an emerald generator to every map
  • Add a punch II bow for 32 diamonds.
  • Add a power X bow for 50 diamonds so that there is at least a bow that's SOMEWHAT effective on diamond armor because power V only does half a heart.
  • When you kill a player with a sword without hitting them into the void they drop 25% of all the diamonds, emeralds, gold, and iron that they had in their inventories.
  • Add the elytra to 1.9 egg wars for 32 diamonds.
  • Give leather amour, and possibly iron armor, unbreaking III.

This next section is all about enchanting items that should be added.
  • Add an anvil for 32 diamonds
  • Add enchanting bottles that give you 1 lvl per splash buy one for 8 gold
  • sharpness II book for 8 diamonds
  • sharpness III book for 12 diamonds
  • knockback I book for 20 diamonds
  • knockback II book for 30 diamonds
  • Fire aspect I book for 15 diamonds
  • Fire aspect II book for 25 diamonds
I kind of love that your love egg wars so much to give it this much thought, I am completely with you on getting our players back! Although I am with on your idea of making our egg wars better, I think that some of your ideas on how to do that have some flaws... Such as the anvil Idea. This would eventually become a frustrating aspect of egg wars, people camping to become op with enchanted books. I like your idea about the spawn protection though, as a player of egg wars I agree that the spawn protection is too long. In addition, I think that we lose our players to Hypixel because they have fewer hackers then we do. It's no secret that our players are getting fed up with the amount hackers in egg wars. This is a problem with a long-term solution for improving sentinel, but I have confidence in cube craft, we will get our players back :)

Reactions: 0ffense

snapopotamos

May 15, 2016
I think the main thing egg wars needs is a way for players to kick people for hacking. I've never seen a mod or admin in game, and there are hackers in at least a third of the games. If there was a system where, for example, if people from three different teams all said a person was hacking, they got kicked, I think we could greatly decrease the number of hackers.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Your theory isn't very fair hypixel already had more players than Cubecraft bedwars out or not
Also hypixel isn't plagiarizing against eggwars it is a copy of bedwars which was originally made on a German server
I'd say only emerald gens and adding anvils only because they are good for killing players and you can use them to rename things

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
In addition, I think that we lose our players to Hypixel because they have fewer hackers then we do. It's no secret that our players are getting fed up with the amount hackers in egg wars.

I actually completely disagree with this, evet since the anti cheat was installed I have seen maybe 2-3 hackers since so I don't think this is the problem

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Clearly, Hypixel has stolen a dramatic amount of players from Cubecraft with bedwars because everyone thinks its better; apart from the fact that the pack plays it. I'm pretty sure they stole around 10k players from cubecraft I THINK. Many people have tried to (including me) tell hypixel that they are plagiarizing our game idea eggwars, but that isn't exactly working. Trust me I already tried posting a thread about removing bedwars on Hypixel's forums and everyone called me selfish, plus it was locked overnight before I could even respond (go figure -_-). S lets try a different approach which is improving our eggwars game. Constructive criticism is WANTED! Here are some of my ideas that i brainstormed.

• Lower spawn invincibility down to 2.5 seconds so people can break their egg without getting helplessly punched off the map.
  • Add an eight minute swiftness potion in speed egg wars that gives the player swiftness two. Which costs 25 diamonds.
  • Add an emerald generator to every map
  • Add a punch II bow for 32 diamonds.
  • Add a power X bow for 50 diamonds so that there is at least a bow that's SOMEWHAT effective on diamond armor because power V only does half a heart.
  • When you kill a player with a sword without hitting them into the void they drop 25% of all the diamonds, emeralds, gold, and iron that they had in their inventories.
  • Add the elytra to 1.9 egg wars for 32 diamonds.
  • Give leather amour, and possibly iron armor, unbreaking III.

• Add an anvil for 32 diamonds
  • Add enchanting bottles that give you 1 lvl per splash buy one for 8 gold
  • sharpness II book for 8 diamonds
  • sharpness III book for 12 diamonds
  • knockback I book for 20 diamonds
  • knockback II book for 30 diamonds
  • Fire aspect I book for 15 diamonds
  • Fire aspect II book for 25 diamonds
I disagree with all but 2 of your points.

Let me explain the reason for each:
- Lower spawn invincibility down to 2.5 seconds so people can break their egg without getting helplessly punched off the map.
No, this will make spawn protection meaningless. Also, a good player would remember to bring blocks to block themselves in after they kill the players to prevent this from happening, and the spawn invincibility decrease is not necessary.
- Add an eight minute swiftness potion in speed egg wars that gives the player swiftness two. Which costs 25 diamonds.
Yes. Eggwars is a game that is good because of it's simplicity. A lot of items players wish to be added in the shop are not necessary and will make the game unbalanced and/or overly complicated. However, this is an addition that does not change the game too much, and is certainly not unbalanced. My only suggestion is that the diamond cost and the length of the potion effect both be decreased. 8 minutes would pretty much mean half the game in speed mode, and by the time any player gets 25 diamonds, half the game will already be over. This shouldn't act like a permanent effect.
- Add an emerald generator to every map.
No. Some maps are simply not good for adding emerald generators, and emeralds, specifically certain knockback weapons existent on some maps with emerald gens, are too overpowered and break the balance of the game. If it were possible, I would petition to decrease any knockback 2 weapon to knockback 1, and increase their cost. Other items also have no lesser equivalent for other resources, and therefore make certain playing strategies impossible.
- Add a punch II bow for 32 diamonds.
No. This takes away too much of the melee pvp aspect of the game. Punch I is good enough to bow spam most people off with skill, and punch 2 would simply make the game imbalanced, and would make melee pvp much more obsolete.
- Add a power X bow for 50 diamonds so that there is at least a bow that's SOMEWHAT effective on diamond armor because power V only does half a heart.
No. The point of overpowered mode is for players to be able to stay alive longer. A power 5 bow is perfectly balanced against protection 4 armor, as it was meant to be so by Minecraft itself. No more is needed.
- When you kill a player with a sword without hitting them into the void they drop 25% of all the diamonds, emeralds, gold, and iron that they had in their inventories.
Yes, because this gives players more incentive to pvp, instead of cowering away. The 25% limit is good, however, to keep the game balanced.
- Add the elytra to 1.9 egg wars for 32 diamonds.
No, because this adds a whole new dimension to eggwars gameplay, and will take away from the currently balanced gameplay mechanics. This will make it much harder to kill players, and also make camping impossible. Camping, bow spamming, aggressive plays, etc. are all good playing styles that keep this game as dynamic as it is, and to remove any one would harm the gameplay.
- Give leather amour, and possibly iron armor, unbreaking III.
No, because one of the only ways to kill players in overpowered mode is to break their armor. This is harmful to pvp as players will almost never die.
- Add anvils and other enchanting items.
No. As I said, this game is balanced with the items it has, and an anvil and enchantment system just take away the balance.

These ideas are good, but the fact that they work on another game, like bedwars, does not mean it will work with egg wars. Bedwars and egg wars have the same basics, but they are in fact very different games. There is no way to make some bedwars features work in egg wars without changing the game completely.

Reactions: Injunction

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I realized something, trying to compete and destroy our competitors isn't really the best. This leads for the server to panic and rush things. I mean, instead of saying , "Let's beat hypixe- mineplex, etc they're stealing our players", we should be saying "Let's try to make this game better and the server in general better." That personally sets a better environment in the community and in the staff and developer and builder community. I do like most of your recommendations, but they're somewhat steering EggWars into a different direction. Personally, they're pretty good. Keep up the good work :p.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I like all of these, but maybe the enchanting stuff shouldn't be there, because then there will be many campers.
I would also really like, as you said, to have potions.
Elytra so then we can fight against campers.
And i absolutely love the idea of having players that are killed to drop 25% of their loot, that's my personal favourite of your ideas!
I love your brainstorming ideas! Cubecraft! You have to implement these things, they are just necessary! And we will get our players back!!!!

Reactions: 0ffense

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I realized something, trying to compete and destroy our competitors isn't really the best. This leads for the server to panic and rush things. I mean, instead of saying , "Let's beat hypixe- mineplex, etc they're stealing our players", we should be saying "Let's try to make this game better and the server in general better." That personally sets a better environment in the community and in the staff and developer and builder community. I do like most of your recommendations, but they're somewhat steering EggWars into a different direction. Personally, they're pretty good. Keep up the good work :p.
You're right, we shouldn't compete this way against other servers, but his ideas are good. Some of them should probably get into the game at some point.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Speaking of Hypixel cloning our games, you might want to check this out:
Of course, it might work a bit differently in Minecraft.
Speaking Of Which

It's Different
The Only Way Any Game Could Count As Fully Officially Copied Is If The Maps Are The Same As Well
& Either way Hypixel Didn't Take The Idea From Eggwars
Also hypixel isn't plagiarizing against eggwars it is a copy of bedwars which was originally made on a German server
They Took It From A German Server Which Had Made A Game Called Bedwars

Also To Point Out The Fact That Bedwars On Hypixel Is Ay-Okay, Bedwars Is On Hypixel & The Only Way It Will Be Removed Is If A Certain Amount Of People In Their Staff Agree On Removing It But Being Its Success I Don't Know Why They Would

D

Deleted member 169486

Lower spawn invincibility down to 2.5 seconds so people can break their egg without getting helplessly punched off the map.
No. I rarely have issues with it. Planning is key.

Add an eight minute swiftness potion in speed egg wars that gives the player swiftness two. Which costs 25 diamonds.
Maybe only a four minute one? Eight just seems a little extreme.

Add an emerald generator to every map
Emerald generators don't need to be on every map. The purpose of them is to make some maps unique.

Add a punch II bow for 32 diamonds.
Possibly for only OP mode? This seems overpowered for normal mode.

Add a power X bow for 50 diamonds so that there is at least a bow that's SOMEWHAT effective on diamond armor because power V only does half a heart.

Maybe a stack instead of 50? That way best sword + bow = best armor.

When you kill a player with a sword without hitting them into the void they drop 25% of all the diamonds, emeralds, gold, and iron that they had in their inventories.
You literally started this thread about how Hypixel copied Cubecraft...

Give leather amour, and possibly iron armor, unbreaking III.
For what? OP, normal, or hardcore?

No.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom