• I think this is a good solution!

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I'm against this, because "(Comment why)"

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
My solution: eat egapple, tower up, then bow them off. Then jump down quickly and barricade yourself. Or other solutions.
1. Gapples, they don't help at all if they manage to knock you off the tower since your hp won't be the thing that is hurting, your armor is.
2. You can't always go for the shoot strat because if you do all they need to do is send one guy to keep trying to get you while the other two hide and wait for you.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
1. Gapples, they don't help at all if they manage to knock you off the tower since your hp won't be the thing that is hurting, your armor is.
2. You can't always go for the shoot strat because if you do all they need to do is send one guy to keep trying to get you while the other two hide and wait for you.

Also, you can always sneak onto their island and break their egg.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Also, you can always sneak onto their island and break their egg.
._. Yes this will work once you have triggered them all and now they are on look out 24/7 just because you looked at them the wrong way. Also the chances of this working are near dirt poor if they are at their base since they would be trying to cover it, and there would only be a maximum of 3 ways to get in.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
._. Yes this will work once you have triggered them all and now they are on look out 24/7 just because you looked at them the wrong way. Also the chances of this working are near dirt poor if they are at their base since they would be trying to cover it, and there would only be a maximum of 3 ways to get in.

Lemme tell you this. 3 people all punching you. You should'be brought teammates or you should not have lost your egg. Facing a team of noon campers is ez. Also try to find a strategy. Look for a weak spot e.g. no bows, etc.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Lemme tell you this. 3 people all punching you. You should'be brought teammates or you should not have lost your egg. Facing a team of noon campers is ez. Also try to find a strategy. Look for a weak spot e.g. no bows, etc.
1.My teamates thought it would be a good idea to send people to mid, sadly they were bad at defending and egg died.
2. My teamates all died while I was at mid getting diamonds, not much I could have done there. There are not always weak points you and I both know this. Potential horrible combos you could find 1. They put a chest with god stuff and you did not realize 2. The most stacked player hid and while you are breaking the egg he jumped you 3. You are playing a small map and the most stacked player cross map shoots you from mid into the void since you could not barricade yourself since someone was messi g up your placements. 4. They faked having bad stuff and you are now actually facing a stacked team. 5 You killed 2 of the players, hooray! Oh wait the third on is providing covering fire for his teamates and now they have enought time to gear up again, great.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
1.My teamates thought it would be a good idea to send people to mid, sadly they were bad at defending and egg died.
2. My teamates all died while I was at mid getting diamonds, not much I could have done there. There are not always weak points you and I both know this. Potential horrible combos you could find 1. They put a chest with god stuff and you did not realize 2. The most stacked player hid and while you are breaking the egg he jumped you 3. You are playing a small map and the most stacked player cross map shoots you from mid into the void since you could not barricade yourself since someone was messi g up your placements. 4. They faked having bad stuff and you are now actually facing a stacked team. 5 You killed 2 of the players, hooray! Oh wait the third on is providing covering fire for his teamates and now they have enought time to gear up again, great.

That's like life. Not everything goes your way. But I see what you ate trying to say.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Rushing is easily done...
You just don't die.
If you do, They have a chance at your base.

I seriously don't see why people hate this so much...
All they bring up is a different form of this problem as a counter.
Nope. If the defender knows how to counter your rush, you're toast. If he spleefs you while you're on the bridge or manages to block and kill you, you're done. Heck, even if he SEES you attempt to rush, he'll respond to it and prevent you from executing it on time and correctly.

Why? Because a rush is supposed to be a very early attack. For that, you chose not to upgrade your generator in order to quickly get the blocks, some food, a pickaxe, armor, and a weapon for the rush. You lose all of that during the rush and you will be severely behind compared to someone who chose to upgrade and then buy or expand to mid.

As for your scenario: it's exactly the same, just that the defender has a gold pickaxe. You could bring a few extra obsidian with you to wall off you know your opponent has the kit.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Another tip, although it not always works: try bringing TNT and place it around the egg while you mine it, it won't give you or your teammates any damage/knockback, and sometimes the enemy runs away (most of the time they don't though)
You could bring a few extra obsidian with you to wall off you know your opponent has the kit.
Yeah, even more camping for obbi. great.
-1. The point of Eggwars is that you get to respawn: delaying it devalues your egg and makes it basically useless. Getting to respawn and attempt to stop someone from breaking your egg is a vital part of the game, and if you aren't stacked enough to take care of someone who has nothing and their egg, you should stack up more before attempting to siege. The respawn is part of the strategy, and a delay would significantly devalue the game altogether imho.
The problem is, they can hit you but you can't hit them due to that stupid spawn protection. That's why I suggest removing that one instead of adding a respawn timer.
Still the same thing. Just push them off the edge to buy yourself a few extra seconds or build additional barricades.
At some maps "just pushing them off the edge" is kinda impossible. Not only fairground, as @Gainfullterror explained, what about maps like Aztec? Good luck with that. (however it's way easier to break the egg at Aztec because the egg is pretty far away from the spawn. By the time they arrive you could've easily broken the egg, still, at some maps "just pushing them off the edge" just doesn't work.)
But if you camp and die then you will keep getting more time on the timer. @Gainfullterror is there a way to reset your timer?
How about killing someone? every time you kill someone your timer gets divided by 2.
No, because it would basically make rushing impossible, because the very moment you die once it takes a while before you are back.
It's not like the respawn timer is going to be 1 minute -_-.
I mostly play treehouse and kingdom, which means the egg is quite a distance away from the spawn location
Yeah, on those large maps it's not really a problem, but on some maps the spawn is almost right next to the egg. I suggest removing/reducing the spawn protection instead.
I don't like this because its a legitimate strategy to try to kill people on your Egg with fists.
I've won games before in that situation.
Therefore, I don't think a respawn timer should be added.
It's kinda unskilled since you are immune for like 15 seconds after you respawn, meaning you can hit the attacker but he can't hit you.

TLDR just remove the spawn protection instead (or make it really short, like 1 or 2 seconds)

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Nope. If the defender knows how to counter your rush, you're toast. If he spleefs you while you're on the bridge or manages to block and kill you, you're done. Heck, even if he SEES you attempt to rush, he'll respond to it and prevent you from executing it on time and correctly.

Why? Because a rush is supposed to be a very early attack. For that, you chose not to upgrade your generator in order to quickly get the blocks, some food, a pickaxe, armor, and a weapon for the rush. You lose all of that during the rush and you will be severely behind compared to someone who chose to upgrade and then buy or expand to mid.
That's only a problem if you rush alone without telling anyone on your team OR in solo.
The key to a successful rush is to NOT die or get spleefed.
A good way to do this is to do an aerial attack (Pillar up and continue bridging and then drop down)
After you drop down and go for the egg as a distraction while your teammate(s) follow and go for the egg with a pick.

This conversation is off-topic.

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
If your worried about someone respawning when your trying to get there egg, Step.1 kill them, Step.2 while there respawning, block your self around there egg with whatever block you have, Step.3 break there egg while there not punching you. Step.4 if there smart and go get a pickaxe, break your protection layer, kill them again, while they respawn, go to a differ island and buy obby to block yourself in, it takes more time but at least it works.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
That's only a problem if you rush alone without telling anyone on your team OR in solo.
The key to a successful rush is to NOT die or get spleefed.
A good way to do this is to do an aerial attack (Pillar up and continue bridging and then drop down)
After you drop down and go for the egg as a distraction while your teammate(s) follow and go for the egg with a pick.

This conversation is off-topic.
For anything you can do in solo mode can be done in team mode with a competent team.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
I've tried to suggest that, But many have disagreed because of kill farming (can't remember why exactly)
Well if you're one of the last two, your enemy could sit there where you spawn and literally kill you as soon as you spawn an infinite number of times. You get points for kills, so that would exploiting the system. The protection allows the player a second to avoid attacks and get away from the enemy.

I think if anything, your attacks should have no effect until the protection has worn off, and the protection period be reduced, but not removed.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Well if you're one of the last two, your enemy could sit there where you spawn and literally kill you as soon as you spawn an infinite number of times. You get points for kills, so that would exploiting the system. The protection allows the player a second to avoid attacks and get away from the enemy.

I think if anything, your attacks should have no effect until the protection has worn off, and the protection period be reduced, but not removed.
My poll options were:
-Reduce it to 3 seconds
-Remove it
-Leave it as is
-Remove it when the player hits you

I highly doubted that someone would go for "Remove it"

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
If your worried about someone respawning when your trying to get there egg, Step.1 kill them, Step.2 while there respawning, block your self around there egg with whatever block you have, Step.3 break there egg while there not punching you. Step.4 if there smart and go get a pickaxe, break your protection layer, kill them again, while they respawn, go to a differ island and buy obby to block yourself in, it takes more time but at least it works.
I put an example on the thread,
Me alone with no egg VS 3 campers with egg and one of them has the shellcracker kit

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom