Should it be added

• Yes - It should cost 100,000

• Yes - It should cost 1,000,000

• No - It should not be added

• Yes - It should cost 10,000

Results are only viewable after voting.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I never said damage wise I said knockback, The bow does do 8 damage that is true but that is the reason I say only 2 arrows and yes you can get more arrows but I will then add to the notes that it will be on 2 durability so u can only get 2 shots in with the bow
Standard bow damage actually varies depending on the instantaneous speed of the arrow when it hit the target, but the average damage is 8 (minimum 5 at a fully charged shot, maximum of 12). Knockback was reduced slightly according to the devs but that change is negligible.

Even though you get a bow with 2 uses, I still don't support this 100%. It's possible to kit farm still by dropping the bow and arrows, dying in the Void, and then respawning with a new set. If crafting is enabled (not 100% sure if it is in eggwars), then combining the 2 bows will result in a bow with 23 uses (2 + 2 + 0.05*384). Add that most maps have an active gold generator and you'll get plenty of chances to bowspam or get enough ammo you need.

Bumping the price tag up won't help too. While 100k+ may seem expensive, anyone who can point farm as much as possible by winning games will get that 100k+ in no time. The in-game cost (you most likely won't use that much durability) also makes it the most valuable kit in the game, way more than money bags or gapples. That effectively starts you with (less than) 8 diamonds and gives you early map control. General value for most kits is up to 10 iron.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Standard bow damage actually varies depending on the instantaneous speed of the arrow when it hit the target, but the average damage is 8 (minimum 5 at a fully charged shot, maximum of 12). Knockback was reduced slightly according to the devs but that change is negligible.

Even though you get a bow with 2 uses, I still don't support this 100%. It's possible to kit farm still by dropping the bow and arrows, dying in the Void, and then respawning with a new set. If crafting is enabled (not 100% sure if it is in eggwars), then combining the 2 bows will result in a bow with 23 uses (2 + 2 + 0.05*384). Add that most maps have an active gold generator and you'll get plenty of chances to bowspam or get enough ammo you need.

Bumping the price tag up won't help too. While 100k+ may seem expensive, anyone who can point farm as much as possible by winning games will get that 100k+ in no time. The in-game cost (you most likely won't use that much durability) also makes it the most valuable kit in the game, way more than money bags or gapples. That effectively starts you with (less than) 8 diamonds and gives you early map control. General value for most kits is up to 10 iron.
There is a cooldown so you cant farm it. Also crafting is disabled and I did tests by shooting players with fully shot bow held in for 1 second 3 second and 5 seconds and all 3 times it did not go over 8 damage, so I continued to test it at 5 seconds and tried that 3 times and still not over 8, this is for the normal bow. The price tag is not to make it hard for players to get it, it is there to stop campers from getting it so I can please the members that hate campers.Since to point farm you cant camp.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I don't know, to be honest. I quite like the idea and you've balanced out quite a lot of cons of this idea but, even for a camper, 10,000 points shouldn't be that hard you need another way to balance that factor (I would suggest some but I have none so oops) otherwise, it comes off negatively to the community and just weighs the idea down on the whole.
I have balanced it that is true, but it is going to be hard for a camper to get it as for me I rush every game and win most games and get 5k a day where as camping will get you around 500 a day if you are the average player which will take you 200 days to get it if you play everyday.

so what it still makes you practically unreachable until people get shields and I dot want to have to safebridge every time I start a game just because the enemy might have a kit. This will just prolong games even further.
Remember you only get 2 arrows and 2 durability, that means 2 shot, they waste it they cant get it back for another 2 minutes, you do not have to safety bridge since an arrow shot from that will not knock you off the edge unless they shoot it completely horizontal from you

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I never said damage wise I said knockback, The bow does do 8 damage that is true but that is the reason I say only 2 arrows and yes you can get more arrows but I will then add to the notes that it will be on 2 durability so u can only get 2 shots in with the bow

Some players are just nit good with the bow, so I don't like the 2 arrow idea.

Also, you said it does 8 hearts of damage, what if you miss them both?
You said you can buy new arrows but you only want durrability 2, whats the point of buying arrows than?

frankinstain

Aug 24, 2016
hello i think it should be added beacuse of people rushing u and they builded a skybridge u can just shoot them of eazly

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Some players are just nit good with the bow, so I don't like the 2 arrow idea.

Also, you said it does 8 hearts of damage, what if you miss them both?
You said you can buy new arrows but you only want durrability 2, whats the point of buying arrows than?
The reason for all the changes is if I make it more as you might of read on the comments people will get mad that It will kill them in 3 shots, You just have to make each shot count, if you are bad with a bow then you should probably not use the kit. It has to be equaled out, just please see my side of this I need to keep this balanced so it wont be game ruining or changing

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
hello i think it should be added beacuse of people rushing u and they builded a skybridge u can just shoot them of eazly

True but with the normal bow you can not get shot off very easily since it does not do a lot of knockback. It slows them down and if you time it right you will be able to get a good 2 shots out of it.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
if you are bad with a bow then you should probably not use the kit.
So basicly, the players with the bow can't stop campers??
They still can because there are already enderpearls in the game.
If you have enderpearls to stop campers, why would this bow be usefull?

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
So basicly, the players with the bow can't stop campers??
They still can because there are already enderpearls in the game.
If you have enderpearls to stop campers, why would this bow be usefull?
This bow is not to stop campers, This bow is to give you a very small edge to help you out a small amount against rushers so it is balanced, again you can only get enderpearls

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
This bow is not to stop campers, This bow is to give you a very small edge to help you out a small amount against rushers so it is balanced, again you can only get enderpearls
So you just want to make the eggwars games duration longer...

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
So you just want to make the eggwars games duration longer...
No not longer more balanced. This wont make it longer. I have seen this everyday since I do it, you can rush someone straight of the bat by building up 5 and across to their island and do a leap of faith and destroy their egg and they have almost a 0% chance of stopping you. This will make it a bit more balanced.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
No not longer more balanced. This wont make it longer. I have seen this everyday since I do it, you can rush someone straight of the bat by building up 5 and across to their island and do a leap of faith and destroy their egg and they have almost a 0% chance of stopping you. This will make it a bit more balanced.
It's just their style of gameplay, in my opinion they are just allowed to rush, want to stop them?
Get your egg into obsidian and rush them! ;)

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
It's just their style of gameplay, in my opinion they are just allowed to rush, want to stop them?
Get your egg into obsidian and rush them! ;)
I do not think you are getting what I am saying, I rush I do not mind but this ruins the game for people who are getting rushed, It is impossible to get obsidian in the first minute of the game and people get rushed giving the rushers an unfair advantage over them which I do not mind really but I still think that players getting rushed should get at least this a bit balanced out. If you want I could make a quick video proving my point

Reactions: Troublesomee

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I do not think you are getting what I am saying, I rush I do not mind but this ruins the game for people who are getting rushed, It is impossible to get obsidian in the first minute of the game and people get rushed giving the rushers an unfair advantage over them which I do not mind really but I still think that players getting rushed should get at least this a bit balanced out. If you want I could make a quick video proving my point
Well, you don't have to make a video anymore, I finally get you...
Good idea, anyways, I don't think it's smart to make the durability 2, they can just rush again.
Changing my vote :P

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Well, you don't have to make a video anymore, I finally get you...
Good idea, anyways, I don't think it's smart to make the durability 2, they can just rush again.
Changing my vote :p
Ok no problem. Also I do want to make it more but I have to consider what is best for everyone since people will disagree as to it will change an entire strategy, this why you can get atleast a sword while holding them off

Reactions: Troublesomee

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
So what about hardcore mode? This would be so insanely overpowered in hardcore mode. I know you said it would only be for normal, but there is no way to really do that. The game doesn't even know what mode it is until the game has started and you have to choose a kit before then. And if you say just make it not choose the kit if op/hc is chosen just like half health is with hc, that is completely unfair to everyone. You go from having the most op kit in the game to having nothing just because a tie didn't turn out in your favor.
Overall, I am going to have to be against this idea. It is just too op and price does not mean balanced. I could farm points by rushing, buy the kit, and then camp for all future games. Campers will get the kit and every game will suck because of it. Sorry, but -1 from me.

Reactions: Komodо

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
ä
"a small edge" There is a reason bows are expensive

mikelcm11YT

Feb 11, 2017
England
tbh i dont think this is a good idea because kits are meant to be helpful but not game changing even though this would cost 1mil coins or whatever it just is a massive advantage for the person with the kit. so no i dont think it is a good idea.

mikelcm11YT

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Top Bottom