• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The Suggestion
I have previously made a suggestion to add a modifier for egg protection so diamond ranks can vote for 0, 2 or 5 minute spawn protection for the egg but people have been complaining about campers going mid then getting diamonds and going back and just camping on their islands with this problem. I have come up with a solution to that issue with the help of @Block Geek and have a new suggestion to add a modifier for diamond ranks and up where they can vote for either 0, 2 or 5 minutes of no block placing and like this people will be able to get gear and protect their egg so that rushers cant take out their egg with no chance but have at least a fair chance of fighting back. This will mean rushers need to add a few things to their plan like getting a pickaxe with gold then rushing and this way they can have a real PvP fight without having egg instantly taken out.

Notes

1 - Please read the whole thread including the comments to avoid double posting or confusion.
2 - Do not bash on each others comments or be rude to one another, all opinions matter.
3 - This will not make campers more since they cant build for a set period of time which means no diamonds which means no bow and thus no camping.
4 - If you disagree with this do not just vote no, please leave feedback as to why you disagree.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
So if there's no block placing how do you go to mid and get resources?
What about the maps with less gens than team mates? Someone is just gonna be standing around scratching their bum.

It just sounds like you want to turn the game into blockwars.

These suggestions, removing block placing, unable to break eggs, would have too big an impact on the game. Eggwars is fine the way it is.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
The Suggestion
I have previously made a suggestion to add a modifier for egg protection so diamond ranks can vote for 0, 2 or 5 minute spawn protection for the egg but people have been complaining about campers going mid then getting diamonds and going back and just camping on their islands with this problem. I have come up with a solution to that issue with the help of @Block Geek and have a new suggestion to add a modifier for diamond ranks and up where they can vote for either 0, 2 or 5 minutes of no block placing and like this people will be able to get gear and protect their egg so that rushers cant take out their egg with no chance but have at least a fair chance of fighting back. This will mean rushers need to add a few things to their plan like getting a pickaxe with gold then rushing and this way they can have a real PvP fight without having egg instantly taken out.

Notes

1 - Please read the whole thread including the comments to avoid double posting or confusion.
2 - Do not bash on each others comments or be rude to one another, all opinions matter.
3 - This will not make campers more since they cant build for a set period of time which means no diamonds which means no bow and thus no camping.
4 - If you disagree with this do not just vote no, please leave feedback as to why you disagree.
They have been trying to shorten eggwars games, not lengthen them. I do not like this because it will make the games even longer and most people will not even vote for it.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
So if there's no block placing how do you go to mid and get resources?
What about the maps with less gens than team mates? Someone is just gonna be standing around scratching their bum.
It just sounds like you want to turn the game into blockwars.

These suggestions, removing block placing, unable to break eggs, would have too big an impact on the game. Eggwars is fine the way it is.
It is not completely removing block placing hence why I said in notes to read the whole thread to avoid confusion. It is a modifier not completely remove it but only for 2 or 5 or 0 minutes depends on what the diamond ranks vote for so people can get geared before getting rushed or rushing, you can place blocks after the 0, 2 or 5 minutes have run out depends on what the diamond ranks vote for

U

Unipotato

How do you get resources quickly? How do you cover your egg? How do you rush others?

No thanks, sounds like playing with this would be extremely difficult, and would most definitely not be fun.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
How do you get resources quickly? How do you cover your egg? How do you rush others?

No thanks, sounds like playing with this would be difficult.
It is a modifier so It is not always on it is chosen and you can cover your egg using glowstone, glass or sandstone with loads of layers and get armor and weapons using iron. You rush mid when the timer ran out. It is like preparation time.

U

Unipotato

It is a modifier so It is not always on it is chosen and you can cover your egg using glowstone, glass or sandstone with loads of layers and get armor and weapons using iron. You rush mid when the timer ran out. It is like preparation time.

Uhm... you're backtracking on what you said.
no block placing
And now you said there is block placing?! Don't change what you originally said. Keep the same story.

With this, everyone could get obsidian in OP or Normal, and maybe even Hardcore. Now the games will be 2x longer because everyone has obsidian. No thanks.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Uhm... you're backtracking on what you said.

And now you said there is block placing?! Don't change what you originally said. Keep the same story.

With this, everyone could get obsidian in OP or Normal, and maybe even Hardcore. Now the games will be 2x longer because everyone has obsidian. No thanks.
You took my words out of context you are a news spy. Also I said "No block placing 'For a maximum of 5 minutes' "

U

Unipotato

You took my words out of context you are a news spy. Also I said "No block placing 'For a maximum of 5 minutes' "

I read the whole post. In the original post, you said no placing blocks during the first 2-5 minutes. Then you mentioned covering your egg with sandstone or other blocks. I was saying that everyone would get obsidian on their eggs and the game would be incredibly long.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
It is not completely removing block placing hence why I said in notes to read the whole thread to avoid confusion. It is a modifier not completely remove it but only for 2 or 5 or 0 minutes depends on what the diamond ranks vote for so people can get geared before getting rushed or rushing, you can place blocks after the 0, 2 or 5 minutes have run out depends on what the diamond ranks vote for

.... Of course there has to be block placing at some point, I read the thread and I'm not stupid.
My point was, in the first 2 or 5 minutes there is never enough gens for a whole team at the same time.
The fun of eggwars is that there are different strategies of playing it, and rushing is a big one. You're effectively giving ranked people the chance of making a massive change in the game that will only be a waste of time.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I read the whole post. In the original post, you said no placing blocks during the first 2-5 minutes. Then you mentioned covering your egg with sandstone or other blocks. I was saying that everyone would get obsidian on their eggs and the game would be incredibly long.
Ok but I did say it is a modifier so it gets voted Either 0 Minutes 2 minutes or 5 minutes, I haven't changed the post from then, the only things I do is add notes

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
.... Of course there has to be block placing at some point, I read the thread and I'm not stupid.
My point was, in the first 2 or 5 minutes there is never enough gens for a whole team at the same time.
The fun of eggwars is that there are different strategies of playing it, and rushing is a big one. You're effectively giving ranked people the chance of making a massive change in the game that will only be a waste of time.
I still think this should be added, because think about hardore items and op health, it was added and people could of argued this will take too long since it will cost a lot more for blocks and you get less stuff and this will also make campers come. This idea is a valid idea at the end of the day. Also other ranks like gold also effectively have the power to ruin strategies by voting hardcore health, hardcore items or op items. I still think this should be beta tested so we can see if it will work out, Look at it from both perspectives. And also in teams you have to work together, so share the gens and strategize to prioritize what need to be done or gotten first.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I still think this should be added, because think about hardore items and op health, it was added and people could of argued this will take too long since it will cost a lot more for blocks and you get less stuff and this will also make campers come. This idea is a valid idea at the end of the day. Also other ranks like gold also effectively have the power to ruin strategies by voting hardcore health, hardcore items or op items. I still think this should be beta tested so we can see if it will work out, Look at it from both perspectives. And also in teams you have to work together, so share the gens and strategize to prioritize what need to be done or gotten first.

There's a lot of selfish people in life, people will just hog the gens, meaning any organised teams will easily be able to take these players out given the disadvantage. Of course this can be the same for any type of eggwars, but the difference is with your idea, is that people have no choice but to sit around and do nothing for 5 minutes. Most people would just go afk for that time, leaving other team members with no resources and no gear.
Hardcore fits in with the fact that you can play the game with either, hardcore, normal or op. Adding a grace period to this game will just bore the crap out of people.
What's your main reason for this idea? You need 4 iron to get armour. 5 to get a sword. 10 to get two pieces of steak. Blocks are dependent on your next course of action and can vary map to map. That would take players less than one minute to get. If people don't take care to check their surroundings and work as a team to stop any rushers, then that's tough luck. Teamwork and awareness are two key attributes when playing eggwars. Without these, you don't stand a chance against a much better prepared team.

Adding a grace period will just remove the strategy and fun of rushing and the chance of eliminating teams quickly.
The only people that would be happy for something like this would be the players that build to mid, get diamonds, go back to their island, break the bridge and camp it out the rest of the game.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom