• No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Hello.

EggWars is mine and many other people favorite mini-game they like to spend their time with, or least used to until some speakable updates arrived not that short time ago.

I wrote a suggestion about this specific update few months back, though if I remember correctly I never got a valid response to this from the Staff Team.

Even if I haven't played on the server overall much, I still am capable to call how lack of enjoyment this spoken mini-game is giving us these days

The changed feature I'm talking about is the new build limit. Back in the days, while this update wasn't implemented you could've built anywhere - Even under the islands to another.

This used to give the game mode many strategies and dimensions, which these days are impossible to reach because they deceased the build limit pretty low, only few blocks under any island you are at.

So from my experience (That I appear to have a lot) only way to get to enemy's base in the late game (If enemy team is that type they're actually aware of the game's going) is either building from above slow by slow eventually reaching the island but however being constantly bowspammed and such, or enderpearling in which takes little bit of camping on the generators to get said items for your entire team. TLDR; You more often look up in the sky rather than area below you.

While you could've build under an island, gave this you an opportunity to be more stealthy while sneaking to opponent's island to break their egg in the late game. As I'm aware for now, you can get spotted very easily while you try to bridge above to opponent's base (Especially with colored green glass that definitely doesn't camouflage in the sky in the same way example blue does - Giving said team advantage in this matter to stay undetectable way easier than other teams; Especially their blocks if you notice them way too late). - Any old school player can sign this up?

Actual suggestion
What I really am suggesting is that EggWars is allowing players to build way below islands than these days, and also that colored glass blocks are removed and replaced with old normal glass, as every team should have same chances to win like any other.

As many other people can undoubtedly agree - EggWars is supposed to be a strategical mini-game which requires both little bit of awareness, concentration and different plans to actually do well. Unilateral playstyle that repeats itself doesn't just belong to game where you have to try many things and every game is supposed to be little different.

While this build limit was deceased, removed it same time completely unique way to reach the opponent's island while remaining possibly undetectable for longer period of time, I used it this method a lot and can say it helped in longer games very much.

"Implementing this would create camping"
- Yes, it no doubt will. But then again if a person barricades themselves in an obsidian cage under an island this still can be punishable like any other camping situations do have. - Do not disallow strategical methods from us all if one or two decides to abuse it. I can surely say people can obey the rules of this feature well if just said offence was punishable.

What benefits would this actually give us?
- Give your playing experience to be more immersive and dislimited, which a game based on EggWars should be. It is giving person to actually experience themselves trying different methods and learning the game - Current situation is just too simple to say that honestly everyone can notice your current attempts to get from island to another. - It removes the whole stealthy and diverse aspect of the game.

Bonus (isn't part of voting but opinions are appreciated)
Also adding blocks like wooden planks could add versatility to the game mode, because then you need to have both axe and pickaxe to break the egg efficiently.

Make sure to give your own opinion and ideas if you appeared to get any. Thanks and have a nice summer.

Discussed improvements below to solve camping if Implemented;

- Make obsidian unplaceable down there, only glass, terracotta and other blocks available to use.

- Blocks below the islands would start to disappear every once in a while.

- You're forced to place blocks - Wasting your building resources while spending time under islands. If you don't make up with this, you'll start to lose hunger, making you eventually to starve and lose hearts. This is to minimize camping people, making them run out of blocks and eventually fall in to void when blocks disappear under them.

Last edited:

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Maybe they should just roll back Eggwars to how it was years ago and I'll play again.

The current situation of Eggwars is pretty trashy and this suggestion is one step in the right direction so I'm supporting it.

Reactions: Shinte

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Meh, although you made a disclaimer about camping, I think lots of people will do it ~ even if there’s a warning in the beginning of the game.

Alternative solution to this would be making the blocks disappear every once in a while and/or making obsidian unplaceable to being placed in there at all. TNT can be used to destroy buildings below.

I however meant that the build limit is increased not necessarily removed completely. But imo the limit has to be more allowing.

Sure the server has gotten bigger while this existed; Obviously abusing is more common these days. Thanks for your opinion.

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
How? I prefer this over the old ew tbh
A few years ago, playing Eggwars was the first thing I did when I got out of school.

But how the game is now, no. I don't even play it in the first place.

Remember sandstone? glowstone? Now we have tErRaCoTtA. It all just used to be better.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
TNT can be used to destroy buildings below.
No? How are you planning to tnt under the island?

Alternative solution to this would be making the blocks disappear every once in a while and/or making obsidian unplaceable to being placed in there at all.
People can use normal blocks so ‘block’ obsidian wont work, and yes the disappear option is a good one but what if you’re walking on the bridge? That would be bad

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
A few years ago, playing Eggwars was the first thing I did when I got out of school.

But how the game is now, no. I don't even play it in the first place.

Remember sandstone? glowstone? Now we have tErRaCoTtA. It all just used to be better.
Yeh I remember sandstone and glowstone, but I prefer the terracotta as you can see which team placed them and yep, glowstone should return.

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Yeh I remember sandstone and glowstone, but I prefer the terracotta as you can see which team placed them and yep, glowstone should return.
I prefer sandstone because you could create tactical things in people's bases without them knowing it was someone from another team. Like bridges and stuff

And of course it brings back all the memories

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
No? How are you planning to tnt under the island?

Mainly meant bridge that connects from island to another, not the part under it.

People can use normal blocks so ‘block’ obsidian wont work, and yes the disappear option is a good one but what if you’re walking on the bridge? That would be bad

Blocks could be giving you some reaction time that are about to disappear. Don't know, it would turn out to be laggy. Maybe if you stay still in certain area blocks could be starting to disappear under you. - Player doesn't have blocks unlimited so trying to avoid it building a little bit above once in time wouldn't last forever.

Blocks under islands would be especially ones that be ones disappearing, the one in the middle that connects to island can be TNTd down so you can walk on the bridge without being in fear the blocks disappear below you all of the sudden.

For this reason I didn't suggest adding sandstone back - It's quite handy telling who placed what. I however still think glass should be changed to its normal non-colored form.

This is just quickly scratched idea but; What if while being under the island could also share little bit idea of the Spleef but opposite - You need to waste your blocks under there in attempt to not starve. This could make camping player lose both food and blocks decently fast eventually running out of resources if they doesn't act to return or build up anytime soon. - Blockless player eventually falls into void due lack of blocks plus disappering blocks implemented. - Just what I can think of now.

Last edited:

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Mainly meant bridge that connects from island to another, not the part under it.

Blocks could be giving you some reaction time that are about to disappear. Don't know, it would turn out to be laggy. Maybe if you stay still in certain area blocks could be starting to disappear under you. - Player doesn't have blocks limitless so trying to avoid it building a little bit above once in time wouldn't last forever.

Blocks under islands would be especially ones that be ones disappearing, the one in the middle that connects to island can be TNTd down so you can walk in the bridge without being in fear the blocks disappear below you all of the sudden.

For this reason I didn't suggest adding sandstone back - It's quite handy telling who placed what. I however still think glass should be changed to its normal non-colored form.
I kind of don't like the blocks disappearing thing it will make me uncomfortable walking under there

Reactions: Keanu and Shinte

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
I kind of don't like the blocks disappearing thing it will make me uncomfortable walking under there

This is why plainly showing blocks that are reachable with tnt wouldn't disappear. However blocks under team's island could be disappear after a while, yet didn't think of how long it is allowing you to be in there.

Alternatively; You have a limited time you can stay under team's island. If that time expires, all blocks under the island (Not the bridge that connects to it) disappears at once so it would make camping in this matter impossible. - So you're either forced to turn back to open area where people can shoot you or build up to enemy's base

Reactions: YesEggs
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom