Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
If money is involved, we shouldn't do it is what I'm trying to say.
There will always be a way to cheat without being able to confirm it.

But isn't that the same when it comes to all competitions? I mean look at the scandal with Russian athletes. Just because there's people out there that are willing to cheat to gain an advantage over their opponents shouldn't mean that competitions shouldn't exist.
Like I already mentioned though, I'm unsure if cubecraft is the right place for this, but we shouldn't let cheaters dictate what is done on the server.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
But isn't that the same when it comes to all competitions? I mean look at the scandal with Russian athletes. Just because there's people out there that are willing to cheat to gain an advantage over their opponents shouldn't mean that competitions shouldn't exist.
Like I already mentioned though, I'm unsure if cubecraft is the right place for this, but we shouldn't let cheaters dictate what is done on the server.
The problem is, with minecraft servers (Where money doesn't play a big roll) you shouldn't have competitive competitions with random people as they can easily be cheating without anyone noticing.
And if you involve money with it, it's even worse of a problem than it already is now.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
If money is involved, we shouldn't do it is what I'm trying to say.
There will always be a way to cheat without being able to confirm it.
Exactly, other games do it too and there are ways to do it, what I am saying is let us try it, if it does not work out then it doesn't, beside cubecraft is working on a new anti cheat to hopefully stop most hacks.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I did read everything :p

Man, why do people not understand what I was trying to say :/

Well, if they would add that then they have to add a non pay to join one too.
I could barely buy a rank through their pay methods, it would be very annoying continuously going over to subway to join a tournament.
Yes but remember other people do not have to, not everyone is the same, even the ranks. it is hard for you, but other people have quick to access paypal or credit card. You just have to take longer to join a tournament, and yes I think there should be official free tournements with regular times and easy to access. but this way cubecraft will also get another way of income making them able to implement more stuff since adding dedicated servers for competitive will cost money in the process

Reactions: KipKipXD

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Exactly, other games do it too and there are ways to do it, what I am saying is let us try it, if it does not work out then it doesn't, beside cubecraft is working on a new anti cheat to hopefully stop most hacks.
You don't seem to get what I'm saying.
Involving money in a competition is a risky thing to do, ESPECIALLY in competitive games, since people could indirectly cross team without you being able to prove it, or hacking and toggling with the current AC.
The best thing CC can involve is a rank, or a booster or maybe even miniatures.
If word gets out that the competition people PAID to participate in was won by cheaters, Cubecrafts reputation would be at stake.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Yes but remember other people do not have to, not everyone is the same, even the ranks. it is hard for you, but other people have quick to access paypal or credit card. You just have to take longer to join a tournament, and yes I think there should be official free tournements with regular times and easy to access. but this way cubecraft will also get another way of income making them able to implement more stuff since adding dedicated servers for competitive will cost money in the process
They do not have paypal as a pay option.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
You don't seem to get what I'm saying.
Involving money in a competition is a risky thing to do, ESPECIALLY in competitive games, since people could indirectly cross team without you being able to prove it, or hacking and toggling with the current AC.
The best thing CC can involve is a rank, or a booster or maybe even miniatures.
If word gets out that the competition people PAID to participate in was won by cheaters, Cubecrafts reputation would be at stake.
You are correct and I do understand what you are saying, let us drop this subject for now, it is just going to keep going on

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Nope, they took it out due to people charging back their money. They would get their money back and occasionally not lose their rank.
That is not the reason why they took out paypal. Here is a statement from 1 of the mods "We took away compatibility with PayPal because there was many many MANY complaints from people, saying that their transaction didn't go through. This is why we're probably not gonna have compatibility with PayPal for the foreseeable future." Also the way they get paid there is a part where if it gets chargedback it runs a command on the server for example " /mangdelp {player} Iron " The {Player} is a variable automatically adds the players name instead of {player} when purchase is made. that being said what that mod said was for ranks, this is for a online payment for competitive gameplay which will be much more stable

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
That is not the reason why they took out paypal. Here is a statement from 1 of the mods "We took away compatibility with PayPal because there was many many MANY complaints from people, saying that their transaction didn't go through. This is why we're probably not gonna have compatibility with PayPal for the foreseeable future." Also the way they get paid there is a part where if it gets chargedback it runs a command on the server for example " /mangdelp {player} Iron " The {Player} is a variable automatically adds the players name instead of {player} when purchase is made. that being said what that mod said was for ranks, this is for a online payment for competitive gameplay which will be much more stable
As gainfullterror said, that was only one of the reasons. Here is what Joe said on the matter https://gyazo.com/efa66734ca9dabb9ce4d10ae0058d56f
There were other reasons, and the reason I said was one of them. Since they could take back their donation, since a rank is technically a "donation" and not a purchase.

@FadedRoses Can you please lock this thread? This thread is just continuing on with a bunch of useless q and a.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday Mivke! 🎈
Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom