Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
With the changes in the EULA restricting what servers can and can't do to bring in an income, any suggestion that abides by the EULA and has the potential to increase the income of the server is more of a positive thing rather than a negative.
People will always be competitive in games and, and a chance to earn some cash will appeal to many people.
If something like this was implemented on the network, it wouldn't affect the current gameplay on the server, you could still login and play with your friends.
The current community run tournaments would still be a thing.
Nobody would be forced to enter it.
You're always going to get people that complain when they lose, that's just life.
Charge backs could be an issue, if PayPal was used, but there are other ways of transferring money.
This could also attract a new player base to the server, again potentially increasing the income for the server.

That's just my thoughts on it, it's potentially a great way for the network to gain additional income, whether or not this is the right server to do it is another question.

Reactions: Grimmay

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
The Idea
Eggwars is a fun game mode but most of you will admit that it has a competitive aspect to it.
I had this idea for a while and was thinking of having it so that players have to go on the website and register for example at comp.cubecraft.net or something like that, then they pay a fee of 2 dollars to enter a 2 player 6 team map or solo or any other type. Players who pay for example 2 dollars to enter have to give their information like their IGN so that the server can whitelist them automatically - This is possible. It will set a date when the competition will happen and a time and will allow players who have paid to join, if there is not enough players their money gets refunded. The system will also have an automatically calculated winning, before the match starts it will say how much the winning prize is to the team or player depending on how much money was given to start the comp match. If a team wins the winnings will be equally shared to the players in the time via paypal. And you can choose your team when signing up for a match before hand. So that is the basic idea for this gamemode

Final Words

Please note before commenting, This is 100% possible I have done research and this can be done 100% automatically as well. Please do not be rude to one another in this discussion as well and if you think it is a bad idea please tell me why I will try to reply to all comments, now help me get this thing started.

NOTES
1 - This can be a weekly or monthly event.
2 - This is not against minecraft's EULA since the EULA states that servers are allowed to ask money to enter a server.
3 - I know this suggestion sounds more like CSGO and games like that but this would still bring an interesting aspect to the Minecraft game mode Egg wars. competitive matches for cash prizes do not have to be restricted to games like CSGO.
4 - Please read the entire post before commenting. I know there are already community hosted tournaments where you do not have to pay. The reason you have to pay for this type of tournament is because you can get cash prizes as well as this will be a much more stable way of hosting a tournament that gives cash prizes
If you took out the pay 2$ part then I would love this idea!
The pay aspect kinda ruins it.
After all, with that kind of money, paying 2-5$ per tournament could get someone a rank in about 4-9 tournaments.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
But your response to the idea conflicts with the fact that there is already completions that are free to enter. You say you would like something like this if there was no entry fee, doesn't really make sense.
Unless of course you just mean to remove the entry fee but still have a prize for winning...

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
The Idea
Eggwars is a fun game mode but most of you will admit that it has a competitive aspect to it.
I had this idea for a while and was thinking of having it so that players have to go on the website and register for example at comp.cubecraft.net or something like that, then they pay a fee of 2 dollars to enter a 2 player 6 team map or solo or any other type. Players who pay for example 2 dollars to enter have to give their information like their IGN so that the server can whitelist them automatically - This is possible. It will set a date when the competition will happen and a time and will allow players who have paid to join, if there is not enough players their money gets refunded. The system will also have an automatically calculated winning, before the match starts it will say how much the winning prize is to the team or player depending on how much money was given to start the comp match. If a team wins the winnings will be equally shared to the players in the time via paypal. And you can choose your team when signing up for a match before hand. So that is the basic idea for this gamemode

Final Words

Please note before commenting, This is 100% possible I have done research and this can be done 100% automatically as well. Please do not be rude to one another in this discussion as well and if you think it is a bad idea please tell me why I will try to reply to all comments, now help me get this thing started.

NOTES
1 - This can be a weekly or monthly event.
2 - This is not against minecraft's EULA since the EULA states that servers are allowed to ask money to enter a server.
3 - I know this suggestion sounds more like CSGO and games like that but this would still bring an interesting aspect to the Minecraft game mode Egg wars. competitive matches for cash prizes do not have to be restricted to games like CSGO.
4 - Please read the entire post before commenting. I know there are already community hosted tournaments where you do not have to pay. The reason you have to pay for this type of tournament is because you can get cash prizes as well as this will be a much more stable way of hosting a tournament that gives cash prizes
why would you pay a whitelist is you also can organize your own competition. and why you want money for playing a blockgame it's just for fun.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
why would you pay a whitelist is you also can organize your own competition. and why you want money for playing a blockgame it's just for fun.

That's like asking someone why they want to play football competitively and get paid for it....

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Just read your PM, here are my thoughts on the idea.

I would strongly go against involving money into these competitions, yes it would make it more competitive, but the majority of players on cube will not want to pay/ do not have PayPal etc. There may also be the issue of chargeback. People could also go mad because they have lost their money 'unfairly' (e.g being put up against a really good player etc).

There have been multiple suggestions to ask CubeCraft to do some kind of 'official' tournament, however they have never happened. Instead, community members like myself run tournaments. I am pretty well known on the forums for my tournaments, and they are completely free :)

If you want to take a look at the tournament I am currently running, Look out for a sign up thread like this , if you want to see the current standings of the ongoing tournament, look here.
Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: KipKipXD

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
With the changes in the EULA restricting what servers can and can't do to bring in an income, any suggestion that abides by the EULA and has the potential to increase the income of the server is more of a positive thing rather than a negative.
People will always be competitive in games and, and a chance to earn some cash will appeal to many people.
If something like this was implemented on the network, it wouldn't affect the current gameplay on the server, you could still login and play with your friends.
The current community run tournaments would still be a thing.
Nobody would be forced to enter it.
You're always going to get people that complain when they lose, that's just life.
Charge backs could be an issue, if PayPal was used, but there are other ways of transferring money.
This could also attract a new player base to the server, again potentially increasing the income for the server.

That's just my thoughts on it, it's potentially a great way for the network to gain additional income, whether or not this is the right server to do it is another question.
Thankyou for the feedback, I agree

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
If you took out the pay 2$ part then I would love this idea!
The pay aspect kinda ruins it.
After all, with that kind of money, paying 2-5$ per tournament could get someone a rank in about 4-9 tournaments.
Keep in mind, if you pay it allows everyone to add money, lets say $5 and if 12 people pay 5$ that is 60 dollar then the winner at the end gets a percentage of that money chosen by cubecraft, keep in mind u have a chance to lose your money if you lose the match

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I know, I commented on his idea. Not the other comments reply to it.
After all the other replies are just arguing over it. I gave a reason why it should not be pay to enter.
And the reason it should be a pay has been stated in the main post which you should read everything, the main reason people should pay is so there are cash prizes the free tournements don't have cash prizes

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
C
But your response to the idea conflicts with the fact that there is already completions that are free to enter. You say you would like something like this if there was no entry fee, doesn't really make sense.
Unless of course you just mean to remove the entry fee but still have a prize for winning...
Cubecraft or nobody would let people play for free and give weekly cash prizes they would lose a lot of money like that, hence I suggested money, but I don't think he read the whole thread

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
There are a lot of players who play this game competitively and not just for fun, the idea that they can get money by using their skills to win is great for them I mean why would you not want to get money for playing a game. And other competitions that players make does not give cash prizes.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Sure, let's pay money JUST to have a chance in winning while the following can happen:
-Power outage
-Internet kicking your balls
-Computer dying
-Frames dropping
-A toggling hacker
-A bad team mate
-Cross teaming
-etc.

Having a fee to enter, and money as a prize isn't going to make CC look very good.
If anything, it'd be a free to play thing with ranks(upgrades), miniatures and boosters as prizes.
I highly doubt that Cubecraft is even going to host a competitive competition as there are 20K+ people on daily, where I'd estimate at least 3000 of them joining the competition.
It's just a big hassle for a company this big to have a competitive competition.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Sure, let's pay money JUST to have a chance in winning while the following can happen:
-Power outage
-Internet kicking your balls
-Computer dying
-Frames dropping
-A toggling hacker
-A bad team mate
-Cross teaming
-etc.

Having a fee to enter, and money as a prize isn't going to make CC look very good.
If anything, it'd be a free to play thing with ranks(upgrades), miniatures and boosters as prizes.
I highly doubt that Cubecraft is even going to host a competitive competition as there are 20K+ people on daily, where I'd estimate at least 3000 of them joining the competition.
It's just a big hassle for a company this big to have a competitive competition.
There a lot of times where power outages can happen in other games too that you pay but it is still works. power outages are not that common and if it is in your area you might have a general idea when they will happen. and all the rest are just stupid scenarios to make an argument against, all that can happen including the hacker, but if there is a hacker then he will get in serious trouble, like banned from cubecraft completely as well as his money will get refunded, cross teaming is against the rules of cubecraft so the cross team offense for this will be higher since it will be a paid event, Since the paid event will me weekly a mod can be there weekly to spectate and make sure nobody breaks rules.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
There a lot of times where power outages can happen in other games too that you pay but it is still works. power outages are not that common and if it is in your area you might have a general idea when they will happen. and all the rest are just stupid scenarios to make an argument against, all that can happen including the hacker, but if there is a hacker then he will get in serious trouble, like banned from cubecraft completely as well as his money will get refunded, cross teaming is against the rules of cubecraft so the cross team offense for this will be higher since it will be a paid event, Since the paid event will me weekly a mod can be there weekly to spectate and make sure nobody breaks rules.
My power provider, on this useless island, does a power outage at LEAST once a week.
Hacker? Usually pretty easy to spot out UNLESS they are careful and toggle smartly, to the point where you can feel that he's hacking, but you can't prove it.
And by cross teaming I meant purposely avoiding the other team to target others which (if they're smart about it) is impossible to prove. (This is indirect cross teaming)

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
My power provider, on this useless island, does a power outage at LEAST once a week.
Hacker? Usually pretty easy to spot out UNLESS they are careful and toggle smartly, to the point where you can feel that he's hacking, but you can't prove it.
And by cross teaming I meant purposely avoiding the other team to target others which (if they're smart about it) is impossible to prove. (This is indirect cross teaming)
You will get that everywhere and there is always ways to hack or to cross team, you are correct about that but does that mean we should not do it. Even on other competitive games there are this type of hacking involved,

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
You will get that everywhere and there is always ways to hack or to cross team, you are correct about that but does that mean we should not do it. Even on other competitive games there are this type of hacking involved,
If money is involved, we shouldn't do it is what I'm trying to say.
There will always be a way to cheat without being able to confirm it.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Keep in mind, if you pay it allows everyone to add money, lets say $5 and if 12 people pay 5$ that is 60 dollar then the winner at the end gets a percentage of that money chosen by cubecraft, keep in mind u have a chance to lose your money if you lose the match
I did read everything :P

Man, why do people not understand what I was trying to say :/

Well, if they would add that then they have to add a non pay to join one too.
I could barely buy a rank through their pay methods, it would be very annoying continuously going over to subway to join a tournament.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday Mivke! 🎈
Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom