Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The Idea
Eggwars is a fun game mode but most of you will admit that it has a competitive aspect to it.
I had this idea for a while and was thinking of having it so that players have to go on the website and register for example at comp.cubecraft.net or something like that, then they pay a fee of 2 dollars to enter a 2 player 6 team map or solo or any other type. Players who pay for example 2 dollars to enter have to give their information like their IGN so that the server can whitelist them automatically - This is possible. It will set a date when the competition will happen and a time and will allow players who have paid to join, if there is not enough players their money gets refunded. The system will also have an automatically calculated winning, before the match starts it will say how much the winning prize is to the team or player depending on how much money was given to start the comp match. If a team wins the winnings will be equally shared to the players in the time via paypal. And you can choose your team when signing up for a match before hand. So that is the basic idea for this gamemode

Final Words

Please note before commenting, This is 100% possible I have done research and this can be done 100% automatically as well. Please do not be rude to one another in this discussion as well and if you think it is a bad idea please tell me why I will try to reply to all comments, now help me get this thing started.

NOTES
1 - This can be a weekly or monthly event.
2 - This is not against minecraft's EULA since the EULA states that servers are allowed to ask money to enter a server.
3 - I know this suggestion sounds more like CSGO and games like that but this would still bring an interesting aspect to the Minecraft game mode Egg wars. competitive matches for cash prizes do not have to be restricted to games like CSGO.
4 - Please read the entire post before commenting. I know there are already community hosted tournaments where you do not have to pay. The reason you have to pay for this type of tournament is because you can get cash prizes as well as this will be a much more stable way of hosting a tournament that gives cash prizes.
5 - I have had a lot of comments about why pay when you can make a free tournament, please read my entire post, the reason you pay is so you can get cash prizes and it will be a regular thing like weekly, tournaments you make wont have cash prizes since players don't pay so where will the cash for the prize come from.

Last edited:

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Cubecraft members already host tournaments and I don't think you should pay for them.
But Cubecraft should host a monthly tourney on, like you said, comp.cubecraft.net or something. You should add some more ideas and really make this a detai,ed idea! I love this!
Thankyou for the feedback, I agree, weekly or monthly competitions will make it fun, plus this can get cubecraft extra money since they take a percentage of the money

Reactions: KipKipXD

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I don't think people should pay money to be in it, there are many man made competitions already.
The only reason I suggest that they pay money is because lets say they pay 5 dollars to enter and there are 12 players, that is 60 dollars 30 dollars goes to cubecraft and 30 dollars goes to the winner or the winning team. that way players can get cash prizes and it is not against minecraft's EULA

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
The only reason I suggest that they pay money is because lets say they pay 5 dollars to enter and there are 12 players, that is 60 dollars 30 dollars goes to cubecraft and 30 dollars goes to the winner or the winning team. that way players can get cash prizes and it is not against minecraft's EULA
Meh...I am not sure many players would do this...

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
So having to pay to get into a compassion when I can just ask someone or do it myself. Ranks and other things are enough in my eyes, like I mean $180 for the top rank is a profit and a half. Watch these threads: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/media.28/ <- that is where the competitions are

-1, not really liking the idea. But. You also did give me an idea for a suggestion

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Meh...I am not sure many players would do t
So having to pay to get into a compassion when I can just ask someone or do it myself. Ranks and other things are enough in my eyes, like I mean $180 for the top rank is a profit and a half. Watch these threads: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/media.28/ <- that is where the competitions are

-1, not really liking the idea. But. You also did give me an idea for a suggestion
Like I said you can still have normal competition where as this competition type gives you cash prizes

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
We are not LOL, WOW and CSGO. Minecraft...
I know that, but just because that can happen in other games mean that we should not do it on minecraft. The fighting style in WoW, CSGO and LoL is much different then minecraft plus it would be interesting to see how it plays out to have weekly or monthly competitions where you can win cash prizes

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
I know that, but just because that can happen in other games mean that we should not do it on minecraft. The fighting style in WoW, CSGO and LoL is much different then minecraft plus it would be interesting to see how it plays out to have weekly or monthly competitions where you can win cash prizes
Well, I gave you feedback

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Players wouldnt pay a fee just to play a game they can already play. If you are talking about a competetive aspect they would just join a community hosted tournament

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Players wouldnt pay a fee just to play a game they can already play. If you are talking about a competetive aspect they would just join a community hosted tournament
Keep in mind, they pay so that they can get cash prizes as a reward, they can still play without paying obviously but the competitive I am talking about is there so that people can take part and pay to win money by showing their skills

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Thanks I will contact him

Just read your PM, here are my thoughts on the idea.

I would strongly go against involving money into these competitions, yes it would make it more competitive, but the majority of players on cube will not want to pay/ do not have PayPal etc. There may also be the issue of chargeback. People could also go mad because they have lost their money 'unfairly' (e.g being put up against a really good player etc).

There have been multiple suggestions to ask CubeCraft to do some kind of 'official' tournament, however they have never happened. Instead, community members like myself run tournaments. I am pretty well known on the forums for my tournaments, and they are completely free :-)

If you want to take a look at the tournament I am currently running, Look out for a sign up thread like this , if you want to see the current standings of the ongoing tournament, look here.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Reesle wrote on Maximal20's profile.
Happy Birthday!
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on Muhh's profile.
MADRID ON TOP ???
Top Bottom