Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you struggle with people who use this annoying strategy?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I HATE it

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I use it

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Rushing is a common strategy in Eggwars and I think it's a hidden blessing really. Without it, many more teams would be able to camp further on in the game which is a waaaaay more annoying strategy to deal with, in my opinion.

It's a big strategy that's become embedded within the game now - Eggwars wouldn't be as entertaining without it as it always keeps you on your toes. You learn by practice how to fend it off (even if it's from the start of the game) and how to effectively perform it yourself.

Do note that I'm a very experienced player, and not some noob complaining about this problem. Yes, I can deal with it,
That happened to me. Three times in a row.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but this is a tactic that can easily be prevented by just being aware of your surroundings. If you are an experienced player, surely you know that keeping an eye out for incoming threats is a top priority.

Once or twice in a row I guess is unlucky, but the third? That's just not learning from your mistakes (no offence intended) : P

The idea is to fight fire with fire - if the rusher is halfway building to your base, quickly get blocks, build up about 7 - 8 blocks high and then build a bridge directly over his head. Then jump down, and knock him off from behind and proceed to the enemy egg.

If the rusher is close to the island you can always kamikaze into the void, whilst punching the guy off and taking him with you. Or if you have some gear and a weapon, do it the old traditional way and fight him to the death. Even if you loose, chances are a teammate will finish the job.

My point is, it's a strategy that can be combatted and really isn't THAT annoying or game breaking. There have been lots of games where early-game rushing has still resulted in a big iron armor finale and lasts for 30 mins or more.

It annoys me to see people who don't plan at all and just rush to my island for a cheap and easy win.
I enjoy the game for the effort and skill it takes to win. This "strategy" goes against everything the game is about in my opinion. (I use the quotes because it takes no skill to do this evil thing.)

You think all rushers don't plan their moves? The very fact they are rushing from the beginning of the match means they have a plan all formed up xD They are doing it to eliminate your team so you aren't a problem for them, or at least to get rid of your egg so that you are easier to tackle in the future.

Oh and beleive me, if you don't have any skill rushing doesn't work. You need to know what you are doing in order to 1) Survive 2) Get the egg 3) Finish off the team and 4) Prevent the enemy team from using your bridge to counter attack. If any one of those things goes wrong, it could spell disaster for the attacking team (depending on the situation).

It's not 'evil' or 'cheap' xD It's a style of gameplay. I understand you don't like it (understandable since it sounds like your weakness) but that's how some people like to play, it has nothing to do with them being 'evil' though xD

Eggwars is a game about using different tactics to eliminate the opposition. Guess what? This is a tactic you use to eliminate the opposition. It couldn't be more in tune with what Eggwars is all about :L

Anyways, my idea is that there would be something like a grace period. For the first two minutes of the game, you couldn't step foot on an island that isn't your own.

How about we get Cube to hold our hands and gift us 50 gold for obsidian while we're at it? The matches would last too long as this would give every team a good chance to camp. I'd much rather deal with an attacking enemy team rather than one playing defensively, as it opens up a ton of opportunities unlike camping. Maybe that's just my opinion.

Also, I don't like short eggwars games. I like long, drawn out battles where you have time to build a massive fort and stuff.

How me and my friend play:

I go to mid and get diamonds/gold/extra iron while he gets stuff around the egg and gear for himself.

I keep going to mid to get more stuff while he puts more defense around the egg.

Once mid gets too dangerous, I break the bridge.

I build a fort.

We defend until it's only us and one more team.

We kill them, then break their egg while they have no gear and win.

Personally I like both long games and short, but you have to understand not everyone has the time or wants to play a game that drags on and on forever. By the way, sounds like you're a pretty big camper and although it's not against the rules, you won't find much respect for it around here I can assure you...

How can you talk about using skill when all you do in the later stage of the game is hide away in your base with no bridge and let everyone else fight it out? Not cool man, not cool.

tl;dr - I know it can be an annoying tactic to deal with, but it's a lot less annoying than camping which is one of the things it prevents. Once you learn how to deal with it effectively, you will enjoy the challenge of being rushed instead of resenting it so much. Oh and just remember, nobody likes a camper ;)

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
that sir is camping and camping is against the rules you should come up with a new strategy

i only play OP so its easy for me to first get Obby before going to mid if im playing alone

but if im playing with a friend i let them obby while i go to mid and get gear i always try to go before the other teams so that i can make sure to control mid and stop them from getting diamonds and stopping them from getting bows so its easier to get their egg without having to be to smart

"Camping" is defined as putting yourself in a glitched, unreachable, or unkillable position and staying there for the whole game. I simply stay at my base with my friend, which is not an "unkillable or unreachable" position. I've lost while doing so, so that proves it's not undefeatable. Anyways, my strategy follows all rules stated and explained, and it is not something I could be punished for. Trust me, I've checked many places for the rules, and there's nothing wrong with what I do.

Anyways, let's try to keep this post on the topic of getting rid of the most annoying "strategy".

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I'm assuming you don't know the point of eggwars.
Learn to stinking defend it.
It takes SKILL to defend and all I see here is a better way for campers.
Not only that, but it takes skill to rush too.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
RANT TIME

Well let's see here: You want to completely ruin Eggwars so that's that. You also seem like one of those campers that nobody likes and you're also breaking rules so that's enough to deny this suggestion but let's continue on!

Hmm... you want to add a so called grace period.

Whatever does this remind me of?

Oh yeah, the new Harambe.

In case you don't know, the new Harambe became unpopular largely in part due to being lopsidingly in favor of people who rushed.

This happened because you had too long to gear up with nobody doing anything to stop you. Sounds a lot like this...

Oh yeah, and let's not forget 85+% of maps favor rushing.

And for god sake, you want a longer game and you choose of all maps city. Play teaparty if you want a longer game. THE ISLANDS ARE CONNECTED FOR A REASON YOU KNOW.

Reactions: TheBrownster

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Rushing is a common strategy in Eggwars and I think it's a hidden blessing really. Without it, many more teams would be able to camp further on in the game which is a waaaaay more annoying strategy to deal with, in my opinion.

It's a big strategy that's become embedded within the game now - Eggwars wouldn't be as entertaining without it as it always keeps you on your toes. You learn by practice how to fend it off (even if it's from the start of the game) and how to effectively perform it yourself.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but this is a tactic that can easily be prevented by just being aware of your surroundings. If you are an experienced player, surely you know that keeping an eye out for incoming threats is a top priority.

Once or twice in a row I guess is unlucky, but the third? That's just not learning from your mistakes (no offence intended) : P

The idea is to fight fire with fire - if the rusher is halfway building to your base, quickly get blocks, build up about 7 - 8 blocks high and then build a bridge directly over his head. Then jump down, and knock him off from behind and proceed to the enemy egg.

If the rusher is close to the island you can always kamikaze into the void, whilst punching the guy off and taking him with you. Or if you have some gear and a weapon, do it the old traditional way and fight him to the death. Even if you loose, chances are a teammate will finish the job.

My point is, it's a strategy that can be combatted and really isn't THAT annoying or game breaking. There have been lots of games where early-game rushing has still resulted in a big iron armor finale and lasts for 30 mins or more.

You think all rushers don't plan their moves? The very fact they are rushing from the beginning of the match means they have a plan all formed up xD They are doing it to eliminate your team so you aren't a problem for them, or at least to get rid of your egg so that you are easier to tackle in the future.

Oh and beleive me, if you don't have any skill rushing doesn't work. You need to know what you are doing in order to 1) Survive 2) Get the egg 3) Finish off the team and 4) Prevent the enemy team from using your bridge to counter attack. If any one of those things goes wrong, it could spell disaster for the attacking team (depending on the situation).

It's not 'evil' or 'cheap' xD It's a style of gameplay. I understand you don't like it (understandable since it sounds like your weakness) but that's how some people like to play, it has nothing to do with them being 'evil' though xD

Eggwars is a game about using different tactics to eliminate the opposition. Guess what? This is a tactic you use to eliminate the opposition. It couldn't be more in tune with what Eggwars is all about :L

How about we get Cube to hold our hands and gift us 50 gold for obsidian while we're at it? The matches would last too long as this would give every team a good chance to camp. I'd much rather deal with an attacking enemy team rather than one playing defensively, as it opens up a ton of opportunities unlike camping. Maybe that's just my opinion.

Personally I like both long games and short, but you have to understand not everyone has the time or wants to play a game that drags on and on forever. By the way, sounds like you're a pretty big camper and although it's not against the rules, you won't find much respect for it around here I can assure you...

How can you talk about using skill when all you do in the later stage of the game is hide away in your base with no bridge and let everyone else fight it out? Not cool man, not cool.

tl;dr - I know it can be an annoying tactic to deal with, but it's a lot less annoying than camping which is one of the things it prevents. Once you learn how to deal with it effectively, you will enjoy the challenge of being rushed instead of resenting it so much. Oh and just remember, nobody likes a camper ;)

This seems like it took you a while to type, so I can respect you for having good points. :)

1.If people don't have the time, they can play speed eggwars, I've never played myself, I'm sure it's much faster.

2. Yes, I always keep an eye out.Either me or my friend are always watching for new bridges.

3. I've always seen eggwars a game about defense, and who can last longer, not a short deathmatch-style game.

4. Sometimes I leave a bridge to my base late game. I've been trying it more often as it means you can attack easier. I've tried to minimize camping as much as possible. I only hide on my island when I'm desperate.

5. I see how adding a 2 minute grace period for people to get ready would make games last hours longer. It's not a big difference, but emphasizes being defensive.

6.If you are good, I'm sure you are, then you'd know that camping alone doesn't get you a win. I know that for a fact. If you just hide, then it's a stalemate. If you have one person camp at your base while the other scouts/attacks you can really mess up the other team. Infiltration is key.

Reactions: Skrazy

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
RANT TIME

Well let's see here: You want to completely ruin Eggwars so that's that. You also seem like one of those campers that nobody likes and you're also breaking rules so that's enough to deny this suggestion but let's continue on!

Hmm... you want to add a so called grace period.

Whatever does this remind me of?

Oh yeah, the new Harambe.

In case you don't know, the new Harambe became unpopular largely in part due to being lopsidingly in favor of people who rushed.

This happened because you had too long to gear up with nobody doing anything to stop you. Sounds a lot like this...

Oh yeah, and let's not forget 85+% of maps favor rushing.

And for god sake, you want a longer game and you choose of all maps city. Play teaparty if you want a longer game. THE ISLANDS ARE CONNECTED FOR A REASON YOU KNOW.

No need to be rude.

I don't see how making it so that rushing isn't the best strategy in the game would ruin it. I just want players to have to build defenses and not just forget about their egg and attack.

Where does it say 85+% favor rushing? Please tell me.

Also, I most often play forest and city with one friend, garden with two friends, and space with four. I don't like being on a team with random people, and I HATE the 40 player games.

Anyways, eggwars is centered around defense, not blindly charging in like a you're in a deathmatch.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Also, I'm starting to see a trend here. People are saying "camping is bad, blah, blah, blah!) and getting ruder and ruder as we go. I don't get what's so wrong for a guy to want rushing to be a bad strategy in a game about defense. Eggwars games aren't meant to be quick. That's why speed eggwars was made.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Also, I'm starting to see a trend here. People are saying "camping is bad, blah, blah, blah!) and getting ruder and ruder as we go. I don't get what's so wrong for a guy to want rushing to be a bad strategy in a game about defense. Eggwars games aren't meant to be quick. That's why speed eggwars was made.
Play other maps.
Explain to me how rushing is a bad strat.
ya know, this is all opinion based.
Just because 1 person doesn't like a strat doesn't mean that it should be nerfed.
How else do you think all the top players got their wins?

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
No need to be rude.

I don't see how making it so that rushing isn't the best strategy in the game would ruin it. I just want players to have to build defenses and not just forget about their egg and attack.

Where does it say 85+% favor rushing? Please tell me.

Also, I most often play forest and city with one friend, garden with two friends, and space with four. I don't like being on a team with random people, and I HATE the 40 player games.

Anyways, eggwars is centered around defense, not blindly charging in like a you're in a deathmatch.
If you want to play defensively, then you will have to learn how to combat players who want to play offensively. I myself play offensively, and only really get obsidian or other base defenses when I see the game going on for an extended amount of time. I firmly believe that there should be no grace period in egg wars. If you can't prepare yourself for defense in the time it takes someone else to prepare for attack, I think its time to get a new strategy. And eggwars is not centered around defense. It is about strategy, pvp, offense, and defense. It's a mixture of pretty much everything, which is what makes it so great.

For the 85%+ thing; 93.7% of all statics are made up.
But seriously, most maps are designed to be rush friendly. Look at how close most maps are. You can cross to another island with under 30 blocks. Some maps you don't even need blocks to rush. The maps I think that are geared more toward defense would be teaparty, under da sea, and maybe another one that I can't remember.
How do you get OB in the first half minute of the game? I would like to know how people have bows and obsidian this fast. I've never seen it, but two people have now said to get gear that you can't get at the start of the game.

Also, I don't like short eggwars games. I like long, drawn out battles where you have time to build a massive fort and stuff.

How me and my friend play:

I go to mid and get diamonds/gold/extra iron while he gets stuff around the egg and gear for himself.

I keep going to mid to get more stuff while he puts more defense around the egg.

Once mid gets too dangerous, I break the bridge.

I build a fort.

We defend until it's only us and one more team.

We kill them, then break their egg while they have no gear and win.
Yes, camping is bad. I think almost everyone here can agree that camping is annoying and is generally unfun to play against someone who camps. And from your previous posts, it does seem like you are breaking the rules when you do it. You said that you break your bridge and build a fort on your island.

To conclude all of this, there is no need to nerf rushing strats and make camping more common. :)

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Funny how people want people to stop camping, while others want people to camp.

This strategy is the most basic and easiest strategy to carry out. Then again, I doubt you have never done so, too. The concept of Eggwar is not a long drawn out game. It's eliminate your opponent's egg and them. Carry out whatever strategy you need to win. If you really hate such strategy then you might want to consider another favorite game mode. Rushing is a strategy in most competitive games (e.g. Skywars, UHC, Eggwars). Live with it, or don't. It's not something that can be enforced without upsetting some advantage you could you gain. Let's say player x was a better pvper than player y, player y would not have a very high chance of victory if he doesn't gain certain advantage. :/ So yea... no grace period please

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
This seems like it took you a while to type, so I can respect you for having good points. :)

Thanks! As I said, I'm not trying to be rude or anything so please don't take anything I'm saying to heart : P

1.If people don't have the time, they can play speed eggwars, I've never played myself, I'm sure it's much faster.

The thing is with speed eggwars is a lot of the game dynamics have changed, yet even now people still camp in it. There are a lot of differences to speed eggy & regular eggy, and not all of them are great. For instance, you have a permanent speed effect that drastically changes PVP combat. You can't really ask everyone who wants to rush to just 'Go to speed eggy', because what if they don't like the speed effect or any of the other changes that come with that mode? It's not fair on them to be shoved into one game mode from another that they previously loved, just because some guy didn't like how they chose to play.

2. Yes, I always keep an eye out.Either me or my friend are always watching for new bridges.

Good, keep it that way. It's the only way you can catch early game rushers off-guard. Stick at it and you'll perfect a good technique to stop them in your own time.

3. I've always seen eggwars a game about defense, and who can last longer, not a short deathmatch-style game.

As I and others have said, Eggwars isn't just a game focused on defence, defence, defence. This is a matter of perspective I suppose, but it's about finding a balance between defence and offence. So all tactics are valid - even the most annoying ones like camping and rushing. You just gotta figure out ways to beat them.

4. Sometimes I leave a bridge to my base late game. I've been trying it more often as it means you can attack easier. I've tried to minimize camping as much as possible. I only hide on my island when I'm desperate

See the main problem I have with campers is when they break the bridge entirely (or tnt your bridge when you try to build over to their base), it slows the game down so much and is just plain boring for everyone involved. It's good to hear you've started leaving bridges intact, as this makes the game a lot more interesting. Not only does it give attackers the hope and motivation to attack, but it can actually benefit you more if you bow an enemy off into the void from it. So yeh, great!

5. I see how adding a 2 minute grace period for people to get ready would make games last hours longer. It's not a big difference, but emphasizes being defensive.

Read what I put the answer before the last : P

6.If you are good, I'm sure you are, then you'd know that camping alone doesn't get you a win. I know that for a fact. If you just hide, then it's a stalemate. If you have one person camp at your base while the other scouts/attacks you can really mess up the other team. Infiltration is key.

I wouldn't call myself good or bad, I'm just mehh xD but thanks! Most campers who break their bridge make no attempt to rebuild a bridge and go out to attack. They just bowspam the living hell outta anything that moves within 200 blocks of them :/ If they did try to build a bridge, they would almost certainly be shot into the void themselves though, so like you said its a stalemate. The infiltration idea has it's merits, but if your scout dies and respawns in your base which has no bridges leading anywhere, it's back to stalemate square one you go. Yaaaay. So keep those bridges!

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I'm not sure why people rush.
The strategy isn't that good. Look if they come at you early game then they definitely don't have decent armor or/and weapons. So they're easy to kill. And most rushers never stop. After they die they come back without any armor or even a pickaxe. Then it's double so easy to take them out. Not to mention that rushing doesn't work after early game. By then every should have Chain or Iron and bows so defeating rushers should be even more easier.

For me rushers are nothing. Maybe because I keep all tokens for myself and I rush mid extremely fast. Or just because they do no damage at all and are most of the times easy to take out.

TIP: if you see someone rushing take the bridge they have built and go to their island to kill their egg. I'm sure they're busy trying to take out yours so why not do the same.

Soifam

Jan 31, 2015
Totally disagree. I love to rush and it's not unfair, if you know other players will rush be the first to protect the egg and do same. The first minute of eggwars is the most exciting part of the game, thanks to be able to rush.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I didn't read all your post... Gave up after you said you can't take it any more.
Sounds like you're not an experienced player.
Sounds like you are complaining.
:P
If you're an experienced player then you would take more care to prevent people rushing you.
I play with the same people all the time, and we never bridge to mid, one goes to the left, one goes to the right, if it's bigger teams then it's split up. Sometimes one stays at our island and gets obby for the egg.
This is the best strategy to use. Even better if one of the side islands has already built to mid for us. We'll either head to mid and target other islands that have built to mid or we'll continue going to the side.
Letting a game continue for so long, to the point that other teams are full iron/diamond got their punch bows their gapples, is only delaying the outcome of the game. It amazes me that people are happy to be in a game for 30+ minutes, when if they used the rushing strategy it could be over in 5.
It's up to the other teams to counter this. If they're incapable of doing so then tough luck.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You must hate the map Rome eh?

Now let's respond to your thread:
Anti-Spawn Killing
This title suggests something different than rushing. "Spawn Killing" is killing someone when they just spawned, not rushing their egg early game. 2 totally different things.
Do note that I'm a very experienced player, and not some noob complaining about this problem. Yes, I can deal with it, but what this post is about is very annoying, and a "strategy" that ruins the game.
We shall see;

Something that I've been coming across more and more often, that only gets more and more irritating, is people who rush to your island at the start of the game and break your egg. It's an annoying strategy, that ruins the game.
As for annoying strategies that ruin the game, ever heard of hardcore camping? Rushing is nothing in comparison. Also, as an experienced player you should be able to win without an egg, I for instance, out of every 10 games I play, 8 of those games my egg is broken. Just make sure you don't die, that's all there is to it.
Picture this:
You've been waiting for 10 minutes for the map "City" to appear. Finally, it does. You join and get on a team with your friend. As you finish buying gear and get ready to go to middle, some guy finishes his bridge to your island and breaks your egg, killing you afterward.
Who waits 10 minutes for one map? There are so many of them.... You could also just use the villager menu.
As for the "some guy who breaks your egg" part, an "experienced player like you" should be able to deal with rushers easily right? I mean, considering the rusher took time and money into building a bridge, and you spent your time and money into buying gear and have teammates on your island, you should obviously have the upper hand. No excuse here.
That happened to me. Three times in a row.
Now I highly doubt the "experienced player" part.
This has bothered me for quite some time, and I just can't take it anymore. I play eggwars as a game that takes 30+ minutes and requires heavy strategy and planning. It annoys me to see people who don't plan at all and just rush to my island for a cheap and easy win.
Don't say rushing requires no strategy or skill, I'm telling you, it does. You need to be able to kill an entire team alone and break their egg, without being spleefed, kamikaze-voided, hit off by a naked guy in no armor, or killed. All this combined does take quite some insight, strategy and skill, no excuses.
I don't know about you, but I like the challenge of a final showdown late game. If you want a fast game where you can do that, go play solo-speed eggwars. Trust me, I love eggwars, but I hate this strategy.
See, this is where you can't see.
You complain about the fact that rushing "requires no planning or strategy", but let me tell you this. If you take over an island, what do you get? That's right. Extra resources, more space, and less enemies to face. People don't always rush because a fast game "where they can do that"(what do you even mean with that? having the challenge of a final showdown late game?). Some players do it because they get more resources that they might need late game, so yes, again, rushing does require planning and skill.
I enjoy the game for the effort and skill it takes to win. This "strategy" goes against everything the game is about in my opinion. (I use the quotes because it takes no skill to do this evil thing.)
As explained above, it does requires effort and skill, and definitely more skill and effort than camping on your island with a punch bow does.
Now, I'm talking about the people who just build to your island, before your teammate can even get gear, and then ignore your teammate when they try defending the island. They just build over your egg and mine it, while you're at mid and can do nothing about it. It's just a very cheap strategy that makes it not worth waiting for the map you want.
You just explained it yourself, but I don't think you can see it.
You said it yourself: You're at mid. Don't you see what this means? While those people who rush you take all their resources into destroying your egg, you're gearing up with diamonds. All you need to do to kill them now is just bluntly walk to their island with your gear you just bought from the diamonds you got, and kill them all, without any single effort required at all. They have almost no gear whatsoever compared to you, they spent all of it destroying your egg. It's easy. No excuse.
Anyways, my idea is that there would be something like a grace period. For the first two minutes of the game, you couldn't step foot on an island that isn't your own. It would warp you back to your island. This would not only force people to go to the middle but prevent cheap ways to win early game. I don't think an eggwars game should last less than 10 minutes. That's just not right.
As a conclusion of what I just typed above replying to you, this would just ruin eggwars.
Sample text
This is a major problem on maps like city and fireplace (Basically clones of each other) but it is sometimes seen on other maps. The reason for this is because they have a bridge to others islands from the start of the game.
The reason those bridges are prebuilt is because the map is made for rushing. -L-

Also, this took way too long to write.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
people who rush to your island at the start of the game and break your egg. It's an annoying strategy, that ruins the game.
I like that strategy. With this strategy, my games take like 1:30 on an average base. :)
That's all I have to say.

Mega flies away!!!!!
raw

Reactions: telegamer

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
So I'm going to reply to all the above in one post. This might get a little messy.

A lot of you have said that I seem like an extreme camper. I'm not. Having control of mid is useful, so why not take it. On of my teammates (me or my buddy) sits on our island with a bow, while the other gathers resources from mid and scouts the other team. The only time I destroy the bridge is when I blow it up with the enemy team inside. Then I rebuild it. Then me and my friend rush in to win the game. As I have said before, I've checked the rules of my favorite game many times, and I follow all the rules, including not camping.

"EggWars (Team)
  • No cross teaming: Do not team with the opposition, even if both your eggs have been destroyed
  • No team killing: Don’t use TNT to try and blow up your team etc
  • No griefing: Do not break your own teams defences or trap teammates with obsidian
  • No skybases (camping): For example if you are at the top of the map, surrounded by lava and pretty much in an unkillable position forcing a stalemate."
This is copied and pasted from the rules page. "at the top of the map, surrounded by lava and pretty much in an unkillable position forcing a stalemate" I have never done anything like this. Yes, that's a little extreme, but my point is is that I HATE stalemates as much as the next guy.

I find eggwars to be quite boring when half of the teams are eliminated within the first five minutes of the game. I enjoy the fact that after an hour, everyone is stacked and the game is much more challenging. I don't know if it's just me, but a quick game of eggwars is less enjoyable. I play for the rush of successfully invading and defeating an enemy team's egg, and later them, while also defending my egg.

I know you can play without an egg, but not when you die within the 10 seconds afterward. I rush mid without gear. I buy enough blocks to get me there and one steak for food. That way, I get everything the generators have at the time, and don't need to wait. When I come back to a guy breaking my egg, I have no defense.

I think I've said this before, but I want to address it alone. I don't like short games of eggwars. EVER. I like eggwars because it takes longer to play than almost any other game on Minecraft.

I do hate the map Rome. Everyone fights over the generators, and you can't get gear.

Also, I focus on getting my diamond generator to level 3 before I buy ANYTHING else with diamonds, unless I need to.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
A few tips:
If you want long intense games, I advice you Teaparty, Aztec or Mushrooms.

Rush mid with gear, so a sword, pick, blocks, food and leather armor. This way, you can kill anyone currently there and are not that weak when you return. I always do this and it always works.

Rome has changed quite a lot. 3/4 iron generators are now lvl 4 and an extra gold gen was added, and there isn't much fighting around generators anymore.

Don't upgrade your own diamond generator, it's a waste of diamonds. Just get control over mid, with the diamonds you got from mid you can get even stronger and have even more control over mid, while preventing other teams from getting rich from mid. Always works for me.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Oh boy oh boy.
Let's see what I have to say:

Like camping & rushing mid, rushing islands is also a strategy.
It does indeed take skill because you're basically letting them gear up some more in the time that you take to bridge to mid.
Taking out 2 players in a team by rushing usually isn't the hardest thing to do, unless they both have weapons.
If you're sick of getting rushed, buy a wooden weapon and some leather armor to protect yourself with as you can get more gear in the time they go to you.
You don't have to rely on your egg if you don't die at all, so just don't die. And if you keep dying again and again, just get better at the game and think of another way around it besides letting yourself get killed. Just counter them by rushing them first, and if that doesn't work just stay at a defensive position.
Rushing does take skill, as you have limited food, blocks, armour and a basic weapon, all of which are used to take down a team or a single player (in solo)

This strategy is one of the best ones to use if you're somewhat good at fighting teams, and isn't really unbalanced as you can easily go for their egg when they go for yours.

I find eggwars to be quite boring when half of the teams are eliminated within the first five minutes of the game. I enjoy the fact that after an hour, everyone is stacked and the game is much more challenging. I don't know if it's just me, but a quick game of eggwars is less enjoyable. I play for the rush of successfully invading and defeating an enemy team's egg, and later them, while also defending my egg.

I know you can play without an egg, but not when you die within the 10 seconds afterward. I rush mid without gear. I buy enough blocks to get me there and one steak for food. That way, I get everything the generators have at the time, and don't need to wait. When I come back to a guy breaking my egg, I have no defense.
Really?
You hate the game when someone outplays you and the game doesn't go your way? Why complain, if it's the players that are making a smart decision that makes you upset?

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
A few tips:
If you want long intense games, I advice you Teaparty, Aztec or Mushrooms.

Rush mid with gear, so a sword, pick, blocks, food and leather armor. This way, you can kill anyone currently there and are not that weak when you return. I always do this and it always works.

Rome has changed quite a lot. 3/4 iron generators are now lvl 4 and an extra gold gen was added, and there isn't much fighting around generators anymore.

Don't upgrade your own diamond generator, it's a waste of diamonds. Just get control over mid, with the diamonds you got from mid you can get even stronger and have even more control over mid, while preventing other teams from getting rich from mid. Always works for me.

I only play these maps, because 1. I like them. 2. I know where everything is, and I've perfected my strategies on them. 3. They meet the player requirements.

Two Player: With my friend

Forest: My favorite map
City: Basically a clone of Fireplace, my favorite holiday map.

Three Player: With two of my friends

Garden: My favorite three player map.
Fairground: A fun map to build on

Four Player: With four of my friends

Space: My favorite four player map.
Kingdom: Easy to fortify.

Six Player: I rarely play these, because I rarely have all six friends online at once.

Aztec: This is my friends favorite.

Oh boy oh boy.
Let's see what I have to say:

Like camping & rushing mid, rushing islands is also a strategy.
It does indeed take skill because you're basically letting them gear up some more in the time that you take to bridge to mid.
Taking out 2 players in a team by rushing usually isn't the hardest thing to do, unless they both have weapons.
If you're sick of getting rushed, buy a wooden weapon and some leather armor to protect yourself with as you can get more gear in the time they go to you.
You don't have to rely on your egg if you don't die at all, so just don't die. And if you keep dying again and again, just get better at the game and think of another way around it besides letting yourself get killed. Just counter them by rushing them first, and if that doesn't work just stay at a defensive position.
Rushing does take skill, as you have limited food, blocks, armour and a basic weapon, all of which are used to take down a team or a single player (in solo)

This strategy is one of the best ones to use if you're somewhat good at fighting teams, and isn't really unbalanced as you can easily go for their egg when they go for yours.

Really?
You hate the game when someone outplays you and the game doesn't go your way? Why complain, if it's the players that are making a smart decision that makes you upset?

I don't hate the game at all. It's just I often wait 5-10 minutes to get one of these maps, so losing at the beginning of a game is highly annoying. I've won without my egg before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Basketman's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONAS

what would a matriox message be without some chat gpt??

1715267947575.png
Amazinq wrote on Basketman's profile.
happy birthday
ToonBer wrote on Basketman's profile.
ne gelukkige
SpringWarz wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom