Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you struggle with people who use this annoying strategy?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I HATE it

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I use it

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Anti-Spawn Killing

Do note that I'm a very experienced player, and not some noob complaining about this problem. Yes, I can deal with it, but what this post is about is very annoying, and a "strategy" that ruins the game.

Something that I've been coming across more and more often, that only gets more and more irritating, is people who rush to your island at the start of the game and break your egg. It's an annoying strategy, that ruins the game.

Picture this:
You've been waiting for 10 minutes for the map "City" to appear. Finally, it does. You join and get on a team with your friend. As you finish buying gear and get ready to go to middle, some guy finishes his bridge to your island and breaks your egg, killing you afterward.

That happened to me. Three times in a row.

This has bothered me for quite some time, and I just can't take it anymore. I play eggwars as a game that takes 30+ minutes and requires heavy strategy and planning. It annoys me to see people who don't plan at all and just rush to my island for a cheap and easy win. I don't know about you, but I like the challenge of a final showdown late game. If you want a fast game where you can do that, go play solo-speed eggwars. Trust me, I love eggwars, but I hate this strategy.

I enjoy the game for the effort and skill it takes to win. This "strategy" goes against everything the game is about in my opinion. (I use the quotes because it takes no skill to do this evil thing.)

Now, I'm talking about the people who just build to your island, before your teammate can even get gear, and then ignore your teammate when they try defending the island. They just build over your egg and mine it, while you're at mid and can do nothing about it. It's just a very cheap strategy that makes it not worth waiting for the map you want.

Anyways, my idea is that there would be something like a grace period. For the first two minutes of the game, you couldn't step foot on an island that isn't your own. It would warp you back to your island. This would not only force people to go to the middle, but prevent cheap ways to win early game. I don't think an eggwars game should last less than 10 minutes. That's just not right.

This is a major problem on maps like city and fireplace (Basically clones of each other) but it is sometimes seen on other maps. The reason for this is because they have a bridge to others islands from the start of the game.

I've been getting a lot of hate for wanting to nerf rushing, so instead what they added a "Defense Eggwars" mode. What it would add is the grace period, and some other things. How about that you rushers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skrazy

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I kind of agree rushing shouldn't be the besy strategy in a game about defence but you should still be able to rush. I would personally like normal eggwars to have more ways of defending like cobwebs and other special blocks and also not have eggs be one click and they're gone... but I doubt we'll see changes like those in the near future if not ever.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Hm, let me think.
It should take a while before they arrive at your island. If you have good team mates one of them could rush mid while you get resources and get your self geared up. Or what I like to do is go midrushing myself. Then I don't have to rely on anyone. After that you go rushing.

D

Deleted member 169486

If they build a secret bridge, then you must not be aware of your surroundings. If you just look around you should see them coming. Also, just have someone stay near the egg.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
You have a good point, Dotsy, but let me clarify. (I'll add this to the post in a minute.)

I'm talking about the people who just build to your island, before your teammate can even get gear, and then ignore your teammate when they try defending the island. They just build over your egg and mine it, while you're at mid and can do nothing about it. It's just a very cheap strategy that makes it not worth waiting for the map you want.

D

Deleted member 169486

You have a good point, but let me clarify. (I'll add this to the post in a minute.)

I'm talking about the people who just build to your island, before your teammate can even get gear, and then ignore your teammate when they try defending the island. They just build over your egg and mine it, while you're at mid and can do nothing about it. It's just a very cheap strategy that makes it not worth waiting for the map you want.
There is no way they can build a bridge before you get 4 iron..

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hm, let me think.
It should take a while before they arrive at your island. If you have good team mates one of them could rush mid while you get resources and get your self geared up. Or what I like to do is go midrushing myself. Then I don't have to rely on anyone. After that you go rushing.

You have a good point, Dotsy, but let me clarify. (I'll add this to the post in a minute.)

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Not much. Get more sandstone.

Still, when someone gets to your island, and you have no blocks to build with because you placed them all around your egg, and someone builds up on top of your egg where you can't get them, how do you stop that? It's too late. You can't. It would take to long to buy the blocks then get on top of the egg to fight them off.

D

Deleted member 169486

Still, when someone gets to your island, and you have no blocks to build with because you placed them all around your egg, and someone builds up on top of your egg where you can't get them, how do you stop that? It's too late. You can't. It would take to long to buy the blocks then get on top of the egg to fight them off.
Kill them before they get to the egg. Get a bow and shoot them off. If they build their own bridge then you should have time for that. If they come from mid, suicide them off.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I kind of agree rushing shouldn't be the besy strategy in a game about defence but you should still be able to rush. I would personally like normal eggwars to have more ways of defending like cobwebs and other special blocks and also not have eggs be one click and they're gone... but I doubt we'll see changes like those in the near future if not ever.

After reading this again, I feel I need to respond. (In a good way of course.)

You're right, rushing shouldn't be the way to win the game about defense. I do disagree, though, because there's no way to stop this strategy if you can rush. If they added cobwebs to prevent this, they would need to be cheap. This would make the game very unbalanced because then you could cover your egg in multiple layers and someone without a sword could do absolutely nothing. If the person did have a sword, which most people do early game, cobwebs would be worse than sandstone. I don't want an overpowered new defense block, I just want a balanced way to make rushing someone's island impossible.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Kill them before they get to the egg. Get a bow and shoot them off. If they build their own bridge then you should have time for that. If they come from mid, suicide them off.

Who has a bow half a minute into the game? A hacker maybe, but I don't think any of us here are hackers.

Also, these people generally have leather armor, so you can't quickly kill them unless yo usee them coming, in which they shouldn't even be on your island in the first place. If they do, somehow manage to get onto your island, then they can just run and build up to get to where you can't reach them.

L

Lepzi

I use it a tip for is to go for the 2 islands next to you get rid of them and then use their island to go to mid or just be on watch out make sure they don't get to your island.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015

Well nothing happens if someone breaks your egg. You still can survive and win the game.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Well nothing happens if someone breaks your egg. You still can survive and win the game.

True, but it's definitely much harder. We can all agree on that. I mean, if I'm lucky I don't die at all in a game, but it is a comfort to have your egg. But usually in the scenario I'm talking about, the person who broke your egg also kills you and your teammate.

D

Deleted member 169486

True, but it's definitely much harder. We can all agree on that. I mean, if I'm lucky I don't die at all in a game, but it is a comfort to have your egg. But usually in the scenario I'm talking about, the person who broke your egg also kills you and your teammate.
So what, you want everyone that uses this strategy banned?

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
i dont see an antispawn killing thing needed its part of the game and it also helps eggwars go faster honestly what you should do is obby your egg before going to spawn that helps a lot from the spawn killing and have only 1 player of your team go to mid while the rest protect the egg there are multiple ways of avoiding being spawn killed

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
i dont see an antispawn killing thing needed its part of the game and it also helps eggwars go faster honestly what you should do is obby your egg before going to spawn that helps a lot from the spawn killing and have only 1 player of your team go to mid while the rest protect the egg there are multiple ways of avoiding being spawn killed

How do you get OB in the first half minute of the game? I would like to know how people have bows and obsidian this fast. I've never seen it, but two people have now said to get gear that you can't get at the start of the game.

Also, I don't like short eggwars games. I like long, drawn out battles where you have time to build a massive fort and stuff.

How me and my friend play:

I go to mid and get diamonds/gold/extra iron while he gets stuff around the egg and gear for himself.

I keep going to mid to get more stuff while he puts more defense around the egg.

Once mid gets too dangerous, I break the bridge.

I build a fort.

We defend until it's only us and one more team.

We kill them, then break their egg while they have no gear and win.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
I go to mid and get diamonds/gold/extra iron while he gets stuff around the egg and gear for himself.

I keep going to mid to get more stuff while he puts more defense around the egg.

Once mid gets too dangerous, I break the bridge.

I build a fort.

We defend until it's only us and one more team.
that sir is camping and camping is against the rules you should come up with a new strategy

How do you get OB in the first half minute of the game? I would like to know how people have bows and obsidian this fast. I've never seen it, but two people have now said to get gear that you can't get at the start of the game.
i only play OP so its easy for me to first get Obby before going to mid if im playing alone

but if im playing with a friend i let them obby while i go to mid and get gear i always try to go before the other teams so that i can make sure to control mid and stop them from getting diamonds and stopping them from getting bows so its easier to get their egg without having to be to smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom