Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
HEAR ME OUT.
Ok ok, I know it's kinda far-fetched, but here is my reasoning for this.
Say you are at mid, and you want to go attack an island, but you need to quickly grab some gear. I personally think you should (late game) be able to buy a shop spawn egg. It would be very expensive (stack of diamonds or a lot of emeralds), and you can only place one per team (or one per color)

The reason you can only have one per color is because of the risk of people spamming the shops everywhere to create a arrow shield or something.

Also, when a team places a villager shop, all the other alive teams/players should be alerted that (insert team color here) has placed a shop somewhere, and if they locate that shop they should be able to use it too!

Problems I can see arising:
Mid camping: People could plop down a shop at mid and sit back and relax, as they now control the economy.
Egg protection/trolling: It might be possible to place a villager near an egg in order to guard the blocks, or prevent more from being placed (This could be solved by having spawned villagers having the ability to be killed)

Even though this could be terrible, think about the positives.
-No more running all the way back to an island to grab a few extra blocks or food.
-Less island camping
-Games could go by faster due to easy-access resources (If the game even goes on long enough to buy a shop)

Yeah yeah, I know it's kinda stupid. Personally I don't even like my own idea here, but there has to be some good in it somewhere. Plus, if somebody tries to mid-camp, that's what ender pearls are for right?

Thanks for reading, please give me any feedback, positive, negative, or constructive.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Sometimes mid camping will make it impossible for you to get diamonds from mid. So enderpearl can't be used. In my opinion, the cons overweight the pros. I don't think running to an island is a big deal.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
Just as you said yourself, this'd increase the mid-campers. So, no.
Sometimes mid camping will make it impossible for you to get diamonds from mid. So enderpearl can't be used. In my opinion, the cons overweight the pros. I don't think running to an island is a big deal.
I've never had a problem with people mid-camping so early that you cannot even get enough diamonds to activate your generator, so if people really want to be scum enough to camp that early then idk

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I've never had a problem with people mid-camping so early that you cannot even get enough diamonds to activate your generator, so if people really want to be scum enough to camp that early then idk
Not that early in a game, but they just get enough Diamonds from the middle, go back to their base, farm Diamonds until they've everything they need to camp on mid =/= ruin your game and and then yeah. Then you can't do anything except farming Diamonds for an E-Pearl and go to mid. But, if this gets added, they can make full Diamond, Sharpness V sword and all the strongest stuff while camping on the middle.

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
Not that early in a game, but they just get enough Diamonds from the middle, go back to their base, farm Diamonds until they've everything they need to camp on mid =/= ruin your game and and then yeah. Then you can't do anything except farming Diamonds for an E-Pearl and go to mid. But, if this gets added, they can make full Diamond, Sharpness V sword and all the strongest stuff while camping on the middle.
But if people are really don't go to center before this happens, shouldn't they just take the loss? Like you have plenty of time to get to center and grab 5 diamonds and run back before people can camp mid

That might have come off bad

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
But if people are really don't go to center before this happens, shouldn't they just take the loss? Like you have plenty of time to get to center and grab 5 diamonds and run back before people can camp mid

That might have come off bad
You have indeed enough time to go to the middle and grab some Gold and Diamonds, but after a period of time you'd like to start an attack on an enemy's base, but you can't because of the mid campers and while I'm typing this message, something comes into my head. You can also just buy a shield and co to the middle very slow and carefully, but then those campers can E-Pearl to your island, they arrive, you are running back to your base but 1 is trying to break your egg and another 1 is punching you off with a Punch bow. Then you're totally dead too.

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
You have indeed enough time to go to the middle and grab some Gold and Diamonds, but after a period of time you'd like to start an attack on an enemy's base, but you can't because of the mid campers and while I'm typing this message, something comes into my head. You can also just buy a shield and co to the middle very slow and carefully, but then those campers can E-Pearl to your island, they arrive, you are running back to your base but 1 is trying to break your egg and another 1 is punching you off with a Punch bow. Then you're totally dead too.
Yeah that is possible with good communication, and very likely. Planning out attacks like that is easy when you have all the time in the world because your biggest threat is somebody you could easily hit off.
But If you aren't prepared to defend yourself from these situations, you've prepared to fail.

What I mean is if you can't communicate with you team like tell one person to stay back while everyone else e-pearls to the campers or something like that then you're fixing to lose this game. A well timed and planned attack with e-pearls, gapples, and possibly (vomits) bow spam with slowness arrows could easily win in a 3v4 or 4v5 or something like that (depends on how good the mid-campers are, and people who have to camp like that usually aren't the best)

Reactions: Ducky

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yeah that is possible with good communication, and very likely. Planning out attacks like that is easy when you have all the time in the world because your biggest threat is somebody you could easily hit off.
But If you aren't prepared to defend yourself from these situations, you've prepared to fail.

What I mean is if you can't communicate with you team like tell one person to stay back while everyone else e-pearls to the campers or something like that then you're fixing to lose this game. A well timed and planned attack with e-pearls, gapples, and possibly (vomits) bow spam with slowness arrows could easily win in a 3v4 or 4v5 or something like that (depends on how good the mid-campers are, and people who have to camp like that usually aren't the best)

You're talking about people who actually think things through and will agree with you. Finding good team mates is hard as it is.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
The reason why I don't like your idea is because you will get more midcampers and that isn't positive in my opinion, but you have this also mention in your suggestion. It will change the game in negative way.

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
You're talking about people who actually think things through and will agree with you. Finding good team mates is hard as it is.
Well yeah, that is true. I usually play with a team on discord so communication is easy for us, but if people are smart and want to win they will come together to devise a plan.
(Yes that's very unlikely I know, I've played with randoms before, but it can happen)

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
The reason why I don't like your idea is because you will get more midcampers and that isn't positive in my opinion, but you have this also mention in your suggestion. It will change the game in negative way.
It's not all negative, I just did what most people won't do and stated the issues of my idea. Personally I wouldn't be all for these shops, but It's not really something to put 6 feet under
The negatives are risky, but personally I think this could be good for people who can play the game (not talking about campers, I mean people who actually go to mid to start an attack)

-I fear the negatives though... that could be devastating

Reactions: GeldHaftige

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Once again, nobody is understanding what mid camping is actually is. Mid camping starts at the very start of the game, it's highly unlikely you'll beat them to mid. As soon as they get a diamond sword and power bow (normal) or a diamond sword and TnT (OP) it's game over. Once they get bored, they'll transition to spawn killing. One game I got 251 kills using a mid camping to spawn killing strategy.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
Once again, nobody is understanding what mid camping is actually is. Mid camping starts at the very start of the game, it's highly unlikely you'll beat them to mid. As soon as they get a diamond sword and power bow (normal) or a diamond sword and TnT (OP) it's game over. Once they get bored, they'll transition to spawn killing. One game I got 251 kills using a mid camping to spawn killing strategy.
If they stay at mid in the beginning your team could easily overtake them. If they go back for weapons you go to mid. With my spawnable shop idea they have to go to their island again to bring a shop to mid.
If you can't take kids with the same gear as you early on then you just lose

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
-No more running all the way back to an island to grab a few extra blocks or food.
Meaning that the enemy won't have to do the same. Someone could go to mid naked, and then rush an island wearing full iron + diamond tier weaponry. It saves time, but isn't worth it in my opinion.
-Less island camping
Was never a problem that's nearly impossible to deal with. I don't realy mind prolonging the game if it's campers that do it, and they usually don't even win because of it.
-Games could go by faster due to easy-access resources (If the game even goes on long enough to buy a shop)
COULD, but this is also going to cause a problem that @HackersDontWin mentioned in his latest thread.
People would place these villagers in a spot where they can just sit on the diamond generator during a fight & shop while being attacked, meaning that they can go from leather, slowly to diamond.

Eggwars is quite a unique game, and requires you to actually depend on your own team island from the beginning. Having this shop would almost make your island useless, as you can artificially make mid your own island, not depending on any other islands. This means that campers also won't have a reason or opportunity to come to mid, as you'd be there literally for as long as the game can last.
Sure, your egg can be pretty important, but it isn't really the reason you come back to your island. Usually, people don't plan on dying during the game, so they won't have to worry too much about their egg. Instead, they'd gear up & occasionally place some protection around their egg.
The main reason you come back to base, is to trade in a safe environment where you know you wouldn't be mauled if someone were to come over. Players would easily be able to pillar up, make a temporary skybase while fighting equally geared opponents (leather armour) & you could come back down in less than 20 seconds, wearing full iron + diamond tier gear. Why would we want this?

Even aside all of that, would it even fit with the elements that Eggwars currently has? Eggwars is the type of game where the gameplay is supposed to be as simple, yet flexible, as possible. Adding a portable villager wouldn't fit in well in my opinion, and cause unnecessary unfair situations.

If they stay at mid in the beginning your team could easily overtake them. If they go back for weapons you go to mid. With my spawnable shop idea they have to go to their island again to bring a shop to mid.
If you can't take kids with the same gear as you early on then you just lose
OR they happened to actually travel as a team & leave one defend their base. If you were to come with your entire team, your own base would be at risk while all the other teams would be A-okay.
When buying said shop, you don't need to buy it with your entire team, instead only a single person can run back and purchase one for communal use.

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
Meaning that the enemy won't have to do the same. Someone could go to mid naked, and then rush an island wearing full iron + diamond tier weaponry. It saves time, but isn't worth it in my opinion.

Was never a problem that's nearly impossible to deal with. I don't realy mind prolonging the game if it's campers that do it, and they usually don't even win because of it.

COULD, but this is also going to cause a problem that @HackersDontWin mentioned in his latest thread.
People would place these villagers in a spot where they can just sit on the diamond generator during a fight & shop while being attacked, meaning that they can go from leather, slowly to diamond.

Eggwars is quite a unique game, and requires you to actually depend on your own team island from the beginning. Having this shop would almost make your island useless, as you can artificially make mid your own island, not depending on any other islands. This means that campers also won't have a reason or opportunity to come to mid, as you'd be there literally for as long as the game can last.
Sure, your egg can be pretty important, but it isn't really the reason you come back to your island. Usually, people don't plan on dying during the game, so they won't have to worry too much about their egg. Instead, they'd gear up & occasionally place some protection around their egg.
The main reason you come back to base, is to trade in a safe environment where you know you wouldn't be mauled if someone were to come over. Players would easily be able to pillar up, make a temporary skybase while fighting equally geared opponents (leather armour) & you could come back down in less than 20 seconds, wearing full iron + diamond tier gear. Why would we want this?

Even aside all of that, would it even fit with the elements that Eggwars currently has? Eggwars is the type of game where the gameplay is supposed to be as simple, yet flexible, as possible. Adding a portable villager wouldn't fit in well in my opinion, and cause unnecessary unfair situations.

OR they happened to actually travel as a team & leave one defend their base. If you were to come with your entire team, your own base would be at risk while all the other teams would be A-okay.
When buying said shop, you don't need to buy it with your entire team, instead only a single person can run back and purchase one for communal use.

Well there would obviously be balance changes to it. Like maybe it's a one-time use, and you can't buy another one from a spawned in shop?
As I said earlier, you can easily get to mid while they go back to their island to buy stuff, so you can get diamonds and gold while they are away. With that being said, your team can access a bow, e-pearls, and other needed items. If somebody were to build up mid-battle you could shoot them down before they could spawn a villager and block themselves in.
With the correct balances it won't be a huge game changer and cause people to camp mid more than they do now (which I never see people camping mid)

-If it sounds like I'm trying to fight you I'm not. Just stating my opinion. Also I never said this was a good idea lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Like maybe it's a one-time use, and you can't buy another one from a spawned in shop?
I already assumed as much, and my point still stands.

If somebody were to build up mid-battle you could shoot them down before they could spawn a villager and block themselves in.
"fighting equally geared opponents (leather armour)"
As I said earlier, you can easily get to mid while they go back to their island to buy stuff, so you can get diamonds and gold while they are away. With that being said, your team can access a bow, e-pearls, and other needed items.
"while they go back to their island"
As I said as well, who says they're ALL going back to base to buy stuff? Only one needs to go & get better gear while the rest controls the middle. Mid camping is something that @KronosReeper and @Donald J. Trump would be able to tell you all about. Look at this thread for example.

With the correct balances it won't be a huge game changer and cause people to camp mid more than they do now (which I never see people camping mid)
The problem with that is: What would the balances be, and would it even be worthwhile to purchase with said balances?

-If it sounds like I'm trying to fight you I'm not. Just stating my opinion. Also I never said this was a good idea lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't worry, I spent a lot of time replying to suggestions just to see people take it as an attack. I don't mind nor get offended if anyone replies.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Why Gainful seems that you are very prideful of the get a teamate to buy loot for the team method, why is all of a sudden having an extra shop at mid that advantageous then? It will just be 'practical', get a teamate to buy blocks and food and gear, this shop isn't broken. what if this said shop was missing the unstackable section and couldn't be placed near eggs or gens. One can buy only blocks, food and arrows here. This doesn't seem too op, Good idea @Mage_da_magix

Reactions: Mage_da_magix
Members Online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom