Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

PyjamaBanana

Novice Member
Jan 17, 2017
My idea may be more suited to the suggestions area but I have decided to leave it here.

My idea is that we introduce the /dm or /deathmatch command. The command will begin a 10 minute count down before a typical SG death end. The command can only be used after 30 minutes in one eggwars game.

Why should this be added?
  • How many times have you seen that guy who rushes, buys a bow, mines the bridge and starts a diamond generator? This is the end to camping which is one of the biggest issues in Cubecraft. You can't have your report handled too quickly ( <3 to staff, no disrespect guys).
  • This death match makes eggwars a lot quicker and enjoyable.
Comments? Improvements?

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
There's already Speed/Normal eggwars, if you want to be in a shorter game then play speed eggwars. This doesn't seem like a good idea though because making a command available after 30 minutes to start a deathmatch seems silly. There may as well be an automatic timer that starts a deathmatch but this isn't SG and a deathmatch would change the point of destroying the other teams egg before fighting instead of throwing everyone into an arena . For that I don't think this should be added. -1

Reactions: Daniel_H212

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
No.

Eggwars is fun and attracts a lot of players due to the diversity of strategies people use. Camping of all kinds (except for skybasing) are strategies people use. To take them away from the game not only takes away a lot of the player base, it also takes away diversity of the game. No one likes a game where you are forced to play a certain way, and nothing else.

Exull

Jan 3, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
I like eggwars as it is and i do not want a deathmatch.
This could even increase the number of campers, because players would just camp at their diamond generator to get the best armour for the deathmatch.

Mar 6, 2017
Hmm, that is a quite good idea. I think that instead of using a command, there could be a timer instead. But I'm afraid this would be better if this was placed on Skywars. Other than that, good job!

Reactions: PyjamaBanana

Rubbii

May 3, 2017
Australia M8
I feel like if they were to add this a lot of players would stop playing. But If they do something like this, they should add a moving border at 1 hour 30 minutes, because after that long ( in my opinion ) gets boring, forcing you to move into the middle to fight, and if you don't, you take damage.

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
No... no no no, please

Eggwars is just good as it is, adding the option of /Dm is pretty exploitable. Some random dude can just type /DM and start death match, just like that. Campers arn't even that hard to kill either, it's just a bit time consuming. As the other said above, having /Dm may increase the amount of campers as well.

BlueLove

Apr 23, 2016
USA DUDE
Personally, I do not like this idea for normal eggwars. Maybe it would be best for speed. Sometimes if I have a big team, everyone is on a different island, one at our own island protecting the egg, and everyone else at another island. I think that a deathmatch would be pointless. The eggs would have been automatically broken (which I assume) and it's exactly like bed wars. I think that we need variety. As I said before, If we were to get /dm it should stay in speed eggwars.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
This has serveral issues

1. Deathmatch dosent end camping

A deathmatch dosent end camping it just makes the game shorter essentially you can do as you said above and then arrive at deathmatch with better gear than everyone else

2. Deathmatch would kill the flow

A deathmatch would kill the flow of the game, if you can control mid and lock players at their bases, your guaranteed a very high chance to easily win

3. Camping isnt entirely hard to overcome

Camping is actually pretty easy to outplay if you do your moves correctly though distracting almost never works, splitting up can

4. Ruins the Game

A deathmatch pretty much kills the game for players like me who want long matches that could go on for hours

5. Useless in most games

Deathmatch wouldnt be helpful at all in most games, as many players use the rush strat and the game ends very very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom